PDA

View Full Version : at request, here is my interpretation.

blackandwhite
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Just leave this up for like half an hour, then you can delete this if you want to, but someone wants me to post my interpretation. So here it is:

We all take part in the government and the "system" whether or not we realize it, and that people trying to get rich will do anything to get rich, no matter how taboo it is.

AMF
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I think this song is more pointed at certain individuals rather than as a whole, but I definitely see this broader picture that you are talking about. I agree. Plus, we all know that just because a song is talking about one specific person ("I/Met a boy/Wearing Vans/501") doesn't mean it isn't just a metaphor for a broader scale meaning i.e the last verse of the song.

BTW, this is definitely the most underrated Tool song out there.

OGT from back in the day
05-17-2006, 04:32 PM
hey blackandwhite, i like u, u argue with me, i like that

blackandwhite
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
At first I thought you honestly were a douche, but you know, I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful fiendship.

OGT from back in the day
05-17-2006, 04:55 PM
yesterday i was pissed off so sorry if i was out of line yesterday, i wasnt pissed because of anything that happened in these forums, it was something that happened in my life

AMF
05-17-2006, 05:05 PM
At first I thought you honestly were a douche, but you know, I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful fiendship.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese:-p

blackandwhite
05-19-2006, 02:54 PM
hee hee