PDA

View Full Version : Robert Anton Wilson "The Illuminatus"

lordspandex
05-17-2006, 02:35 PM
The book "The Illuminatus Trilogy" written by Robert Anton Wilson was listed in the recommended reading section of this website at some point. You can look up the book yourself, but it involved aliens, drugs, and the reoccurance of the number 23 in most everything. I believe that this song's title is a nod to the book and its themes.

TJP
05-17-2006, 02:41 PM
The book "The Illuminatus Trilogy" written by Robert Anton Wilson was listed in the recommended reading section of this website at some point. You can look up the book yourself, but it involved aliens, drugs, and the reoccurance of the number 23 in most everything. I believe that this song's title is a nod to the book and its themes.interesting stuff but is that the doctors name in lost keys dr wilson?

lordspandex
05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, the doctors accent is weird. I supposed if you wanted to hear 'wilson' you could, but it sounds like Watson to me.

On a side note, if you needed more reason to tie him to Tool, Wilson also is a Crowley scholar and worked directly with Leary.

TJP
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Well, the doctors accent is weird. I supposed if you wanted to hear 'wilson' you could, but it sounds like Watson to me.

On a side note, if you needed more reason to tie him to Tool, Wilson also is a Crowley scholar and worked directly with Leary.Kewl! i saw this site that had something to do with albert hoffman and this robert anton wilson dude

Briah
05-18-2006, 06:05 AM
The Illuminatus Trilogy is friggin awesome. Highly recommended. Where else can you read about women banging machines, huge golden submarines, undead nazi armies, and midgets eating pussy interlaced with the occult, psycology, and numerous other enlightening tidbits...all in one book!:) I think Tool had Cosmic Trigger selling on their site for a while. Prometheus Rising had a huge impact on me personally. Finally, "Wilson is an idiot" is a pretty strong statement. A bit optimistic sometimes, but thats good!

bitter_enigma
05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Great book. I think there's another one by Wilson called Prometheus Rising which is pretty good too.

resonance.
05-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Haha... your sig is awesome