PDA

View Full Version : PI

Nate-Dogg85
05-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Has anyone ever seen the movie PI, this song kind of reminds me of it. A man trying to figure out the patern in the number PI, ends up figuring it out but it drives him to the brink of insanity and in the end he just kills himself. This song is about an incredibly enlightening experience which leads to insanity.

*edit took out some things that were distracting people and ruining the focus of this thread*

fibonacci
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
The Used is my favorite band!!!!

spiralout987
05-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Darren Aronofsky is a fucking genious...

Check out my blog for his new film THE FOUNTAIN... about a man searching for the fountain of youth in three parallel time periods.

thefountainmovie.blogspot.com

Tachyon
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Enjoy the song for what it is, and whatever it does for you and your relationship with it. Stop trying to overanalyze it.
world"

But that applies to TOOL overall. I'm just always curious about the atmosphere during of the proces of making a or this song. What intensions does the lyrics have?? Are they direct (doesn't matter which subject)??? Or are they kinda generalizing so it makes peoples think for him or herself.

Nate-Dogg85
05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
See yeah, i guess i see things differently being a musician/artist. When you look at a painting its like, you look at it and find something you like about it, and it has its own meaning to you. Where as music is a little more directed, so people dont keep the imagination that they have when they look at a painting. Im sure people analyze Alex Grey's art, but you dont have the amount of discussion over it, its a much more i guess internal type of things.

I always wonder what an poet is trying to get across, but unless they eiter are direct enough with their lyrics, or they make some sort of statement about their work, then i assume that their intention is just for us to take it as we will... Maynard hasnt released anything about these songs, hes very secretive about them, even with all his old work. Unless he says something, i say we just take it however we do, ya know?

#Notion
05-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Here is a little word of advice to you people "knowing nothing is better than knowing it all" -Burt McCracken of the Used. Enjoy the song for what it is, and whatever it does for you and your relationship with it. Stop trying to overanalyze it.

It's so nice to have all these preachers and social instructors here on the boards...

And I was hoping this thread was about public intoxication...

Divine_left
05-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Just so you know, he doesn't kill himself. He gives himself a lobotomy, so he' doesn't have to think anymore.

Nate-Dogg85
05-17-2006, 05:38 PM
i couldnt remember exactly how it ended, its been a while since ive seen the movie. The end of the movie is irrelevant, its the fact that the man reached mental insanity after his revelation, just like the character in rosetta stoned.