PDA

View Full Version : alrighty then?

Cid
05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
i don't know what you people are hearing, but i clearly hear only 3 syllables, not 4. could possibly be "alright then", but i think it sounds like "i accept" or "i'll accept". i could be wrong about that, but i definitely hear 3 syllables and it sounds nothing like "alrighty then".

Washburn
05-17-2006, 07:33 AM
i only hear "alrighty then"

NetEther
05-17-2006, 07:34 AM
I hear "Alright then. Picture this if you will..."

Cid
05-17-2006, 09:04 AM

that works....i don't know what i hear except that it's not "alrighty".

bruised_kiwi
05-17-2006, 09:54 AM
alrighty then, picture this if you will..

s62
05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
it's totally alrighty

Cid
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1147894765/definitelynotalrightythen.mp3

haha..i don't know why i care so much...but it's definitely not "alrighty then". that has 4 syllables and he clearly only says 3.....i'm really, really bored!!

RiaN_the_Great
05-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Hmm...I was listening last night with headphones, and I'm pretty sure he says, "Alrighty then. Picture this if you will..."

And then I sat there and thought about how someone said this song was about Blair, the butt of everyone's jokes, the guy you keep around cuz he sucks so bad and you can rip on him. I smiled.

OGT from back in the day
05-17-2006, 05:12 PM
i just listened to it 3 times, he says "Alrighty then. Picture this if you will....."

RiaN_the_Great
05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
i just listened to it 3 times, he says "Alrighty then. Picture this if you will....."

This makes us winners. We are right! Hah! We have achieved something! What, we dont know, but we did and you other saps didn't! How does it feel to forget the "Y" every time you hear the song? I will now celebrate this victory in an extremely assholish manner because I wasn't good at little league baseball, and NOW is my chance to be on top for once! HAH! I almost feel as badass as a Mathlete!!!!

GETCHA SOME!!!

hbynoe
05-17-2006, 08:15 PM
i hear alrighty too

NoD
05-17-2006, 08:38 PM
It's "Alright then", how anyone could hear "alrighty" is beyond me...probably too many ace ventura reruns

RiaN_the_Great
05-17-2006, 09:05 PM
It's "Alright then", how anyone could hear "alrighty" is beyond me...probably too many ace ventura reruns

I know its beyond you. That's why you're wrong. =P

NoD
05-17-2006, 09:09 PM
I know its beyond you. That's why you're wrong. =P

I'd bet all 75% of my downloaded decoy album that it's 'Alright then'.

s62
05-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I bet you 100% of my purchased real album that its "alrighty then"

Bodhi
05-17-2006, 09:36 PM
This thread is dumb.

e1minsterz
05-17-2006, 09:45 PM
this guy is an obvious blue-collar worker, "i didn't graduate from high-school," who ahs just had the worst acid trip of his life. he is not talking to anyone up to this point (which does kind of bug me, why does he decide to talk to the doctor with the austrailian accent?). its alrighty. don't worry about how many syllables you hear maynard is good at crunching these syllable to fit with meter (or Meter, been 4 years since lit class).

trickma
05-17-2006, 10:40 PM

same..

The Official Fiction
05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Alrighty then. Picture this if you will.

Bloody
05-17-2006, 11:03 PM

yep

waffel
05-17-2006, 11:08 PM
AL RIGHTY THEN

Ryan
05-17-2006, 11:12 PM

Correct.

NoD
05-17-2006, 11:34 PM
It's "Alright then..."

FIN.

RiaN_the_Great
05-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Its funny that there's so much argument over something so minuscule and unimportant. What's strange is that I'm positive I'm right, and for some reason I want to correct someone else (NoD) instead of leaving it alone.

Seriously, this is probably the most inconsequential aspect of the album. And there's debate over it. I'm pretty damn sure that there's a Y in it, but its not even important. Happy listening, guys.

blackandwhite
05-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Who cares. Why don't you actually do something important with your time like analyze teh importnat parts of the song.

RiaN_the_Great
05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Or get an education?

NoD
05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Its funny that there's so much argument over something so minuscule and unimportant. What's strange is that I'm positive I'm right, and for some reason I want to correct someone else (NoD) instead of leaving it alone.

Seriously, this is probably the most inconsequential aspect of the album. And there's debate over it. I'm pretty damn sure that there's a Y in it, but its not even important. Happy listening, guys.

You'll be proven wrong when the offical lyrics ever go up. It is NOT 'alrighty'. Cheers.

RiaN_the_Great
05-19-2006, 05:04 PM
You'll be proven wrong when the offical lyrics ever go up. It is NOT 'alrighty'. Cheers.

If and when that happens, I will gladly admit that I was mistaken, no hard feelings. Sad thing is...arguing over little shit like this, but NOT getting pissed...its actually pretty fun. Now I'm going to listen AGAIN.

Dude, listen to it with headphones on. He doesn't stress the Y, but I swear to god(s) its there. He's also speaking through that voice modulator thing, so it makes it less clear, but I'm certain dude.

NoD
05-19-2006, 06:26 PM
If and when that happens, I will gladly admit that I was mistaken, no hard feelings. Sad thing is...arguing over little shit like this, but NOT getting pissed...its actually pretty fun. Now I'm going to listen AGAIN.

Dude, listen to it with headphones on. He doesn't stress the Y, but I swear to god(s) its there. He's also speaking through that voice modulator thing, so it makes it less clear, but I'm certain dude.

I've heard it on multiple stereos and good headphones, and have always heard it 'Alright then'. It's like arguing 2 + 2 = 4. There is no Y.

SHIV
05-19-2006, 07:10 PM
This thread makes me think of Ace Ventura

The Let Down
05-20-2006, 01:00 AM
it's alrighty then give it a break.

this thread reminds me of those dumbasses who think at the climax of the song it says:

"Overwhelmed is what you would be"

open your fucking ears

nightgrown
05-20-2006, 10:32 AM
well he says alrighty on all the bootlegs i have heard off of this tour as well

foursixandtwo
05-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I thought it was alrighty, but I think thats just becuase thats what all of the lyrics have said so it what I was listening for. I listened to it this morning and clearly heard alright. OR..perhaps I only heard alright this morning because thats what I was listening for..?
Oh what a tangled web we weave.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
oh dear oh dear, this is pathetic although i am compelled to throw in my 2 cents (or pence cos i am english)

its ALRIGHTY then. I dont see why its so hard to hear it?

blackandwhite
05-20-2006, 04:21 PM
WHO CARES. I can't believe this thread might actually achieve two pages.

turok2step
05-20-2006, 04:26 PM
WHO CARES. I can't believe this thread might actually achieve two pages.

hahaha seriously. It's a fucking "Y" Instead of debating over what is actually said, let us ponder the paradox that a "Y" can be both a consonant OR a vowel depending how it is used in a word.

foursixandtwo
05-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Alright is to Alrighty as Tomato is to tomatoe

You say pajaama..I say pajama

it really is irrelevant.

foursixandtwo
05-21-2006, 12:38 AM
btw..I just listened to this song more times than I care to admit tonight and I would bet my first born that he says "Alrighty then"

Thats all

Goodnight loves.

RiaN_the_Great
05-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, honestly, I am truly amazed that there is so much debate over this. This is really comical, and serves as such a perfect example for the way our society is. God I love you guys. =)

Cid
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Alright is to Alrighty as Tomato is to tomatoe

You say pajaama..I say pajama

it really is irrelevant.

it definitely doesn't matter one way or the other, but alright is not to alrighty as tomato is to tomatoe. alrighty has a 3rd syllable that clearly isn't there.

foursixandtwo
05-21-2006, 05:52 PM
it definitely doesn't matter one way or the other, but alright is not to alrighty as tomato is to tomatoe. alrighty has a 3rd syllable that clearly isn't there.
ok focker. you know what I meant.

Cid
05-21-2006, 05:58 PM
ok focker. you know what I meant.

hahaha...i do, but i really can't hear 4 syllables....i might have done too much acid in high school.

troublefunk
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
alrighty then

evil agent
05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Rolling on the fucking floor laughing. This thread is SO unneccessary.

It says ALRIGHTY THEN, soooooooo clearly. I never even thought of it being anything else. But after seeing this thread, I put the song on, and listened 10 times, TRYING to hear "Alright then", and I'm sorry, but I just couldn't hear it.

Alrighty then...

Muladhara
05-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Some people have listened to too much loud music.

It's so clearly "Alrighty then", wow...

JOK3R
05-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, honestly, I am truly amazed that there is so much debate over this. This is really comical, and serves as such a perfect example for the way our society is. God I love you guys. =)

it clearly says alrighty listen a little closer

and yes this is very comical. society rules...

Cid
05-21-2006, 11:19 PM
it's definitely not clearly "alrighty then". if it was so clear everyone would hear it. i hear 3 syllables and know of a bunch of people that do as well. "alright then" is probably what it is. i emailed blair to see if he can help, though i'm sure he'll just answer with some nonsense.

RiaN_the_Great
05-22-2006, 05:58 AM
it's definitely not clearly "alrighty then". if it was so clear everyone would hear it. i hear 3 syllables and know of a bunch of people that do as well. "alright then" is probably what it is. i emailed blair to see if he can help, though i'm sure he'll just answer with some nonsense.

Answer? Hahahahahahha....

Cid
05-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Answer? Hahahahahahha....

haha...not yet. i'll post here if he replies.

Muladhara
05-22-2006, 09:30 AM
So, if it's "alright then" what is the sound right after the t sound? That sound which sounds like "ee"?

foursixandtwo
05-22-2006, 09:37 AM
good question^. I dont know how anyone could not heard the y @ the end. I listen to this cd mostly on headphones and he clearly says-alrighty. IMO

Cid
05-22-2006, 01:04 PM
So, if it's "alright then" what is the sound right after the t sound? That sound which sounds like "ee"?

i hear nothing there....i hear 3 syllables that somewhat sounds like "alright then". where you guys hear an "ee" i hear a pause in speaking. this is funny....

Kochipahk
05-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Honestly, I don't hear anything that sounds like "Alrighty then" OR "Alright then".

It sounds more like "Origin". Am I the only one who hears that?

RiaN_the_Great
05-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Probably. But that is also cool. They say that perception is the only reality to the individual, and its not universal.

religion kills
05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
You know with so many hearing "Alright then" when it's absolutely totally clear to me that it's "Alrighty then" makes me wonder if the theory that a bad batch of discs went out is actually true. I also don't hear any of the distortion problems that many have complained about on my copy when played through headphones or my Denon HDCD player and Yamaha receiver. I've also seen mention of this disc being recorded in HDCD which it's not. At least my player doesn't recognize it as such.

Muladhara
05-23-2006, 02:02 AM
You know with so many hearing "Alright then" when it's absolutely totally clear to me that it's "Alrighty then" makes me wonder if the theory that a bad batch of discs went out is actually true. I also don't hear any of the distortion problems that many have complained about on my copy when played through headphones or my Denon HDCD player and Yamaha receiver. I've also seen mention of this disc being recorded in HDCD which it's not. At least my player doesn't recognize it as such.

Yeah, this is a bit odd, but someone posted a link to an mp3 of the bit where he says "alrighty then" and said he was saying "alright then", so I think some people are just deaf.

evil agent
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry, but if people don't hear ALRIGHTY, they are either partially deaf, or they are just fucking with us. Let's end this discussion, since it's 100% clear who is right and who is wrong. You are full of shit, if you say otherwise.

(I know that sounds harsh, but its true).

youareveryhit
05-23-2006, 01:03 PM
really it's more like...

"alrightythen"

all mushed together like it's one word.

*shrugs*

Cid
05-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry, but if people don't hear ALRIGHTY, they are either partially deaf, or they are just fucking with us. Let's end this discussion, since it's 100% clear who is right and who is wrong. You are full of shit, if you say otherwise.

(I know that sounds harsh, but its true).

you're wrong.

evil agent
05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
No, YOU'RE wrong!

(this IS a funny thread, I'll admit).

Muladhara
05-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I can't believe this thread exists.

It's amazing.

Anyway, carry on, it's "alrighty then", chew on that.

Kochipahk
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I still say it sounds like "origin".

RiaN_the_Great
05-23-2006, 09:17 PM
So there I was, bouncing up and down inside a Stryker (8 wheeled 33 ton armored combat vehicle, something Nelly doesn't have), listening to my precious iPod.

He said, "Alrighty then."

Strangely enough, every time I listen to that song, he always says, "Alrighty then." I figure if there's enough argument here, one day my iPod will change its mind and make Maynard drop the Y.

Cid
05-23-2006, 10:13 PM
each time i hear it, it sounds more like "i accept" or "i'll accept" now.....i hope blair replies soon. this thread needs closure, which we all know blair is good for.

bmeason
05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
I guess I'm so clearly wrong.

I have always thought it was alright then.

guess it is alrighty then.

but in the end, who cares? obviously me, since I'm posting :P

lol ;)

NoD
05-23-2006, 11:16 PM
ALRIGHT THEN

It's not alrighty

Cid
05-23-2006, 11:16 PM
I guess I'm so clearly wrong.

I have always thought it was alright then.

guess it is alrighty then.

but in the end, who cares? obviously me, since I'm posting :P

lol ;)

have faith dude, you're probably right to begin with. there's only 3 syllables. people want this album to be different so bad they're adding syllables.

NoD
05-23-2006, 11:18 PM
have faith dude, you're probably right to begin with. there's only 3 syllables. people want this album to be different so bad they're adding syllables.

No shit...remember all those people twisting "Shit the bed" into "Shit my bad".....some people are fucking deranged.

Muladhara
05-24-2006, 12:53 AM
There are 4 syllables, not 3.

You're all funny :D

RiaN_the_Great
05-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Cid and NoD are silly. Yeah, its spoken quickly, and the voice is distorted.

You guys are right. He says, "Alright" but IMMEDIATELY after that, there's an "ee" sound in there, with no break in between. The result is commonly spelled 'alrighty'. I can't believe you don't hear it. Again, I can't believe this thread is going on so long, but we've got two sides both convinced they're right. But I'm right. Always.

Cid
05-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Cid and NoD are silly. Yeah, its spoken quickly, and the voice is distorted.

You guys are right. He says, "Alright" but IMMEDIATELY after that, there's an "ee" sound in there, with no break in between. The result is commonly spelled 'alrighty'. I can't believe you don't hear it. Again, I can't believe this thread is going on so long, but we've got two sides both convinced they're right. But I'm right. Always.

this thread will continue to go on until we get official (or semi-official) confirmation from blair or the released lyrics. it's a very important part of the album that i feel we need to get right.

bmeason
05-24-2006, 01:18 PM
this thread will continue to go on until we get official (or semi-official) confirmation from blair or the released lyrics. it's a very important part of the album that i feel we need to get right.

lol.

After listening to it last night.... I concur that it is Alrighty Then. Maybe I am tricking myself into hearing it now, since I thought it was alright then to begin with.. :P

Ahh. The torture, this will be the puzzle lifter! I swear we figure this out, we rule the world pinky!

Cid
05-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Maybe I am tricking myself into hearing it now, since I thought it was alright then to begin with.. :P

fucking traitor...

troublefunk
05-24-2006, 09:43 PM
If it's not alrighty then this song fucking sucks

Muladhara
05-25-2006, 02:08 AM
If it's not alrighty then I'm taking my album back and I want a refund 'cause without it, the album sucks.

Honest.

troublefunk
05-25-2006, 04:43 AM
If it's not alrighty then I'm taking my album back and I want a refund 'cause without it, the album sucks.

Honest.

You're probably right... This thread sucks. At best cid & co are deaf and at worse, they're ruining the album for millions.

RiaN_the_Great
05-25-2006, 06:54 AM
If he doesn't say "alrighty", which he does, then I'm going to activate the self destruct button for this planet. Consider your options, NoD. Give in and concur with me, or be destroyed. The choice is simple, if you ask me. Admit you're wrong and I'm right, or become vapor with the rest of the world.

Cid
05-25-2006, 07:46 AM
you people are ridiculous....why would maynard go with "alrighty" when "alright" is obviously more badass? start thinking people! this is simple..and you're simply wrong.

Muladhara
05-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Because the song isn't about a badass...

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 07:58 AM
you people are ridiculous....why would maynard go with "alrighty" when "alright" is obviously more badass? start thinking people! this is simple..and you're simply wrong.

OH DEAR GOD!
how can you people argue about this for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. there are those that think its alrighty, them that think its alright and that one guy who was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there with some bulshit.
Listen, and listen clearly I mean everybody, listen, he says fucking "ALRIGHTY THEN"! clearly a "Y" sound in there. and even if its not and i'm wrong then its only one letter!

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 08:01 AM

random quote just to point this message at Cid, man i jsut noticed that ur level 9, obsteperous, i couldnt have described you better myself

Cid
05-25-2006, 08:06 AM
OH DEAR GOD!
how can you people argue about this for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. there are those that think its alrighty, them that think its alright and that one guy who was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there with some bulshit.
Listen, and listen clearly I mean everybody, listen, he says fucking "ALRIGHTY THEN"! clearly a "Y" sound in there. and even if its not and i'm wrong then its only one letter!

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

i think we actually stopped arguing about 50 posts ago and now we're all just being stupid. i know i'm right and you "alrighty" freaks are wrong, but it doesn't matter.

Cid
05-25-2006, 08:07 AM
random quote just to point this message at Cid, man i jsut noticed that ur level 9, obsteperous, i couldnt have described you better myself

keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be one day too....level 9 on the ol' toolshed!!!

NoD
05-25-2006, 08:25 AM
If he doesn't say "alrighty", which he does, then I'm going to activate the self destruct button for this planet. Consider your options, NoD. Give in and concur with me, or be destroyed. The choice is simple, if you ask me. Admit you're wrong and I'm right, or become vapor with the rest of the world.

Even if I concurred with you, you would still have to destroy the planet because he doesn't say 'Alrighty'. It's "Alright then, picture this if you will..."

Now someone lock this already now that the truth hath been spoken.

Muladhara
05-25-2006, 08:32 AM
If I could lock this thread I would, after saying "Alrighty then."

Cid
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
this thread shouldn't be locked until we find out for sure. i don't know how that's going to happen unless maynard releases the lyrics. but until then we can argue about it.

troublefunk
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Maynard has already released the lyrics, clearly saying "alrighty then" at the two shows I went to and all the recordings I've heard. If he does type it up and put it on here, it will say alrighty, but I'm sure you will all have an excuse for that.

Cid
05-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Maynard has already released the lyrics, clearly saying "alrighty then" at the two shows I went to and all the recordings I've heard. If he does type it up and put it on here, it will say alrighty, but I'm sure you will all have an excuse for that.

liar

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 01:40 PM
i think we actually stopped arguing about 50 posts ago and now we're all just being stupid. i know i'm right and you "alrighty" freaks are wrong, but it doesn't matter.

i just cant see where the arguing stops and the stupidity begins. I can however, very clearly here Mustard Jones Keema (thats how i hear his name anyway, you might not agree) saying " ALRIGHTY THEN"!

Cid
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
actually, i think i hear 5 syllables now. i don't hear the ee sound still. anyone hear 6? 7 maybe?

Max T.
05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
its definately "alrighty then"

Cid
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
its definately "alrighty then"

you are crazy.

RiaN_the_Great
05-25-2006, 03:43 PM
You Alright-ers are outnumbered, and outgunned. The AlrightyThens have spoken the truth, and will soon unleash a jihad upon you.

(Am I the only one that is highly entertained by the correlations between the rivalry over something this simple with the huge rivalries that cost thousands of lives?)

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-25-2006, 03:55 PM
You Alright-ers are outnumbered, and outgunned. The AlrightyThens have spoken the truth, and will soon unleash a jihad upon you.

(Am I the only one that is highly entertained by the correlations between the rivalry over something this simple with the huge rivalries that cost thousands of lives?)

no, you're not

IC
05-25-2006, 05:37 PM
its 'alright then. picture this if you will.'

troublefunk
05-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Anyone who says alright then should get a job working for Bush... you all have some serious reality denying skills

thumphrey05
05-25-2006, 06:46 PM
i have a bootleg and its so overwhelmingly obvious that its "alrighty". kthx ~_~ :U

Drawn Under
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I gotta say my vote goes with 'alrighty', its not really a matter of 'i dont think maynard would say alrighty then' this song is from the point of view of a guy who never graduated high school working at area 51 seeing a ufo and shitting himself, it isnt like maynard is telling the story, it is maynard telling it as if he is this unknown character. And i wont lie this is a pretty funny thread a bunch of us crazy tool fans debating one word, but oh well it gives us all somethin to do, right? haha Although i d/led the live show that i went to at auditorium theatre and it kind of sounds like it could be 'alright' so i could understand that being heard but on the album i have to go with 'alrighty' it sounds clear as day.

Cid
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
i have a bootleg and its so overwhelmingly obvious that its "alrighty". kthx ~_~ :U

anyone that says "kthx" is obviously retarded and doesn't know what they're talking about.

Cid
05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
ok...so i played just that part to people that have no preconcieved notion about what it is and the people didn't even know it was tool or anything about it. 5 out of 5 of them said they hear 3 syllables. one said "alright then", one said "origin" and the other 3 said they couldn't tell but that it was 3 syllables.

it doesn't prove anything, but try that out with some people. i'm going to keep doing it, i'm sure i'll get some that say there's 4, but it's not "clear as day" like some of you seem to think.

evil agent
05-25-2006, 09:44 PM
It's definitely alrighty then.

But I think the more creative ideas are HILARIOUS:

"origin"

"i'll accept"

LOL....

How about "I'm writing then,"

troublefunk
05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
it doesn't prove anything.

Now you're making sense!

Cid
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Now you're making sense!

i'm one of the few that have been making sense the whole time. but yea, you're right. i am making sense now as well.

Cid
05-25-2006, 10:55 PM
I
How about "I'm writing then,"

that's impossible because there are only 3 syllables in the song...you have 4 here.

Muladhara
05-26-2006, 02:33 AM
3 syllables in the song? Your cd is defective :D

Remember, we all listened to this song once with no preconceived ideas of what he was saying. First time I heard it it was clear as day that it was "alrighty then".

Wait, I mean, you're mad.

Cid
05-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Wait, I mean, you're mad.

possibly....

another random person at work votes for 3 syllables. she heard "all red then". so far every random person i played it for hears 3.

skwid
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
i don't know what you people are hearing, but i clearly hear only 3 syllables, not 4. could possibly be "alright then", but i think it sounds like "i accept" or "i'll accept". i could be wrong about that, but i definitely hear 3 syllables and it sounds nothing like "alrighty then".

no way cid, see here: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49396

Cid
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
no way cid, see here: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49396

RANDOM people!! not people that know what the sound is from and already have some idea about what it is. you think it's "alrighty", i think it's "alright", we're not going to change our opinion. neither is anyone that's already heard the sound a thousand times. so far i'm up to 8 random people that hear 3 syllables, none with 4. it's not as "clear" as all of you seem to think it is.

troublefunk
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I still don't understand how people on this board are different from random people. So what if the first time they read the lyrics it said "alrighty"? since then there have been plenty of people saying otherwise. I'm sure everyone has given it a good listen. I don't think the power of suggestion has any bearing on this.

Cid
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
I still don't understand how people on this board are different from random people. So what if the first time they read the lyrics it said "alrighty"? since then there have been plenty of people saying otherwise. I'm sure everyone has given it a good listen. I don't think the power of suggestion has any bearing on this.

they read alrighty, and it's stuck in their head that that's what it is. i'm sure there are people here that didn't know what it was, read the lyrics and agreed. but i'm sure there are also others that heard it before reading. i'm just saying that you can't know for sure unless it's random people that have no clue what it is.

RiaN_the_Great
05-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Cid, I'll give you that. Its NOT as clear as some are saying. But I'm still convinced its alrighty. By the way, I'm destroying China because you won't give in. The blood is on your hands, pal. I'm just a messenger.

Cid
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Cid, I'll give you that. Its NOT as clear as some are saying. But I'm still convinced its alrighty. By the way, I'm destroying China because you won't give in. The blood is on your hands, pal. I'm just a messenger.

if that's what you gotta do, go for it man. i won't stop you, but please don't scream "alrighty" when you are destroying china. they'll just laugh at you.

Mupps
05-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Listen to the mp3 file from the first page. Pause it half way through "alright/y" then start it again. The 't' sound carries through into the next word. There are 3 syllables. I can't see where some (or most) people are hearing a 'y'. It's either "alright" or "alrigh", which sounds like "alrighty" but isn't.

Wow, I wasted my first post on this. And probably my last.

troublefunk
05-26-2006, 01:26 PM
A t sound carrying over! Maynard truly must be a genius then, since ordinary mortal vocalists can only carry vowels. Amazing!

Cid
05-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Listen to the mp3 file from the first page. Pause it half way through "alright/y" then start it again. The 't' sound carries through into the next word. There are 3 syllables. I can't see where some (or most) people are hearing a 'y'. It's either "alright" or "alrigh", which sounds like "alrighty" but isn't.

Wow, I wasted my first post on this. And probably my last.

excellent first post mupps!

Cid
05-26-2006, 01:35 PM
A t sound carrying over! Maynard truly must be a genius then, since ordinary mortal vocalists can only carry vowels. Amazing!

we know maynard isn't an ordinary mortal though...

Mupps
05-26-2006, 03:11 PM
He's not even singing. It's just two words said quickly so they sound like one.

Side note: Is that Maynard? No one else is credited, but it really doesn't sound like him at all, even his talking voice.

#Notion
05-26-2006, 04:17 PM
You fucking jambi eye fools are going to sabotage every lyric on the album. If you're seriously in doubt, go download a live bootleg. Preferrably '8-may dallas 2006'. Alrighty?

erazorhead
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM
best thread ever

Kochipahk
05-27-2006, 12:04 AM
The more I listen to it in my headphones while on high volume, the more I'm starting to hear "Alright then".

Yeah, I'm hearing "Alright then".

æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 12:07 AM
*sigh* the people who hear "Alrighty..." is do to the slight over analyses of your part and the voice synthesizer for Maynards part...

it is, and i state this being the easiest "distorted" lyric in the song, "Alright then......picture this if you will..."

Gnome_Chomsky
05-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Its trivial to discuss this, no ones opinion is changing. 4 pages for a Y????? Its a waste of time alright.

RiaN_the_Great
05-27-2006, 09:21 AM
if that's what you gotta do, go for it man. i won't stop you, but please don't scream "alrighty" when you are destroying china. they'll just laugh at you.

Hahahahaha.

Nah, for irony's sake, I'll announce their impending destruction with, "AlrighT then. Picture this if you will."

BOOM!

æmoeba•°·.
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM
all you people are doing is over anlyzing the voice synthesizers sound. it's "alright"

youareveryhit
05-28-2006, 10:21 AM
ALL
RY
TEE
THEN

I still hear four distinct syllables.

I dunno.

Cid
05-28-2006, 11:12 AM
ALL
RY
TEE
THEN

I still hear four distinct syllables.

I dunno.

you obviously "dunno" anything.

TiVa
05-28-2006, 11:15 AM
allright! Amen

thumphrey05
05-28-2006, 11:18 AM
You fucking jambi eye fools are going to sabotage every lyric on the album. If you're seriously in doubt, go download a live bootleg. Preferrably '8-may dallas 2006'. Alrighty?

yes, this is the bootleg i have which is unmistakeably "alrighty"

thumphrey05
05-28-2006, 02:12 PM
here is maynard saying it at the dallas show on 5/8 (i think). maybe it can shed some light on this headed debate.

dallas tx, alrighty then (http://media.putfile.com/alrighty-then)

i dont see how you cant hear alrighty then, but thats just me.

Cid
05-28-2006, 02:20 PM
here is maynard saying it at the dallas show on 5/8 (i think). maybe it can shed some light on this headed debate.

dallas tx, alrighty then (http://media.putfile.com/alrighty-then)

i dont see how you cant hear alrighty then, but thats just me.

he definitely says alrighty then in the bootleg, but he changes words up quite a bit live.

troublefunk
05-28-2006, 03:00 PM
haha...

troublefunk
05-28-2006, 03:06 PM
this pretty much prooves that it was alrighty then on the album, just less clear. The majority heard the right lyric, while a few others weren't able to pick up on it. Maynard does change up lyrics sometimes, but seriously... this recording is clearer than the album and its from one of the first shows they played the song at. Common sense says it was always ALRIGHTY THEN.

EternalSiGN
05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
it is alrighty then becuase if u listin 2 the intro for the song the doctor is asking him 2 tell him what is wrong and the song is the responce 2 the doctor.. he starts with "alrighty then" (as in here we go) "picture this if you will" (telling him try try and imagin what he is about 2 tell him)

A.S.H
05-28-2006, 11:14 PM
The two bootlegs I've heard say "alrighty then", the cd seems to say "alrighty then", that's what i thought on first listen, that's what i still hear. But, I can only be 85 percent sure, there is some distortion at the end of it which could lead it the other way. However, I would say that the bootlegs are enough to push it over the edge for me. Cid you may be right, but your insistance that you're 100% right and the "no room for error on your behalf, everyone else is stupid" take you employ on the matter leads me to think even if the official lyrics were posted on the website and it was "alrighty" you still wouldn't give an inch.

evil agent
05-28-2006, 11:47 PM
It is ALRIGHTY THEN, it has always been ALRIGHTY THEN, the live bootleg(s) PROVE that it says ALRIGHTY THEN.

Cid just proved that he's full of shit, and thinks he's being funny, by saying "Yes it's alrighty then in the bootleg, but Maynard just changes it up". LOL, are you fucking serious buddy? You just lost all credibility to your argument.

This thread needs to be closed. Its over.

The "alright" argument is as dead as the HOAX argument!

Cid
05-29-2006, 12:08 AM
The two bootlegs I've heard say "alrighty then", the cd seems to say "alrighty then", that's what i thought on first listen, that's what i still hear. But, I can only be 85 percent sure, there is some distortion at the end of it which could lead it the other way. However, I would say that the bootlegs are enough to push it over the edge for me. Cid you may be right, but your insistance that you're 100% right and the "no room for error on your behalf, everyone else is stupid" take you employ on the matter leads me to think even if the official lyrics were posted on the website and it was "alrighty" you still wouldn't give an inch.

i've repeatedly said that i don't know what it says but that i hear 3 syllables. so i don't know where you get that i'm 100% sure that it's alright then.

Cid
05-29-2006, 12:08 AM
It is ALRIGHTY THEN, it has always been ALRIGHTY THEN, the live bootleg(s) PROVE that it says ALRIGHTY THEN.

Cid just proved that he's full of shit, and thinks he's being funny, by saying "Yes it's alrighty then in the bootleg, but Maynard just changes it up". LOL, are you fucking serious buddy? You just lost all credibility to your argument.

This thread needs to be closed. Its over.

The "alright" argument is as dead as the HOAX argument!

you're wrong.

A.S.H
05-29-2006, 04:01 AM

and

i've repeatedly said that i don't know what it says but that i hear 3 syllables. so i don't know where you get that i'm 100% sure that it's alright then.

You called the "alrighty then" people "ridiculous", told them to start thinking and said we're simply wrong. The first post above is an example of your self-righteousness and unwillingess to budge that I was calling you out on in my post. Whether or not it's that you believe 100% that it's "alright then" or that it's just that you hear three syllables, in the end thats really part and parcel of the same thing. Your posts demonstrate that you won't give an inch towards the likely possibility that you may actually be the person that is wrong.

youareveryhit
05-29-2006, 10:49 AM
you obviously "dunno" anything.

ouch?

Cid
05-29-2006, 11:07 AM
You called the "alrighty then" people "ridiculous", told them to start thinking and said we're simply wrong. The first post above is an example of your self-righteousness and unwillingess to budge that I was calling you out on in my post. Whether or not it's that you believe 100% that it's "alright then" or that it's just that you hear three syllables, in the end thats really part and parcel of the same thing. Your posts demonstrate that you won't give an inch towards the likely possibility that you may actually be the person that is wrong.

you have no sense of humor...i can't help you with that. i hear 3 syllables on the album, you don't. doesn't matter. if the lyrics are released with "alrighty" in it i would admit i'm wrong. but as it is now, i don't hear it. sorry man.

Cid
05-29-2006, 11:08 AM
ouch?

haha..good one right?

RiaN_the_Great
05-29-2006, 12:06 PM
amoeba. Your signature is too long. Change it, alrighty then?

=P

youareveryhit
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM
haha..good one right?

big time zinger. woot.

FortySix&Two
05-29-2006, 07:50 PM
I clearly hear "alright" on a set of headphones on my laptop. No question. Sure, he changes up words live. He said "alright" at the Philly show I went to..

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-30-2006, 07:02 AM
>

paraflux
05-30-2006, 07:18 AM
done