PDA

View Full Version : pOSSIBLE rEAL mESSAGE fOUND - VT/23

lordoftheflood
05-16-2006, 07:53 PM
OK, here's the deal. My rip of the CD indicates that the track timing for Viginti Tres is 5:02. That's 302 seconds. Perform 302/23 (i.e. viginti tres (sic)) and you get the actual time the track should be: 13.13 seconds. The guys used some pretty sick audio processing to expand a short burst of talking into over 5 minutes of audio. I can't really say that what I hear in the 13 seconds is understandable, but maybe you guys can work something out... check out the wav file at:
http://www.wavplanet.com/wavs.php?cat=5&subcat=356
Scroll down to: 10000Days.11.23
23.wav

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
The dl on the site doesnt work for me.

lordoftheflood
05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
The dl on the site doesnt work for me.
I've checked it 3 times now and it downloads, even if I haven't logged in. It is 2.7Mb (sorry).
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it sounded better (when time compressed to 13 seconds) backwards than forwards...
If no one can do the dl, then I'll try a better site.

Fit4Demolition
05-16-2006, 08:30 PM
sounds like a good idea, but i cant understand what it is saying. but your basis is a little arbitrary, why not make the track 23 seconds long too. theres too many possibilities with this song.

tooljunky
05-17-2006, 07:46 AM
something about glasses...
perhaps referencing the glasses with the packaging but agaiun I also think its a bit arbitrary....

malictus
05-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Wow, you're right; there is definitely something being said! This is NOT just the 'Francisco' sound, BTW, it's much more slowed down and lasts for several minutes of the track.

When I get home tonight I'll pull it up in Audition and see if I can pull something more intelligible out...

PriceisRight
05-17-2006, 11:46 AM
...creepy

DON IOTAE
05-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I can't understand shit.

maybe cut it down to 23...

DON IOTAE
05-17-2006, 12:08 PM
OK, here's the deal. My rip of the CD indicates that the track timing for Viginti Tres is 5:02. That's 302 seconds. Perform 302/23 (i.e. viginti tres (sic)) and you get the actual time the track should be: 13.13 seconds. The guys used some pretty sick audio processing to expand a short burst of talking into over 5 minutes of audio. I can't really say that what I hear in the 13 seconds is understandable, but maybe you guys can work something out... check out the wav file at:
http://www.wavplanet.com/wavs.php?cat=5&subcat=356
Scroll down to: 10000Days.11.23
23.wav

I'd believe you more if 302 was actually a multiple of 23...

Grandmasterblakey
05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Dude thats ace, think you might be onto something here! Although im not sure why theyd hide it so much into the "302/23 " instead of juut having a 23 second track stretched. But still im liking this theory, its not exceptionally far fetched and im sure that .wav starts by saying "I just heard" which is more inteligable than the fransisco for me....! Get the .wav file in audacity someone!

dracomordag
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
didnt we already prove it was an office space quote? i haven't really been paying attention

khemystri
05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Ive compressed it down to 7 seconds..... its reversed....
I then reversed it.....

WOW.

he's saying something like:

This is it, this is my answer.

wait... i then reversed the first section of the vocals, and the beginning
of the first section, blended perfectly with the beginning of the second section...

The message is:

Bush, That was his fine answer
or
Bush, that was his financer

Heres a link to what ive worked out... keep in mind, its been
run thru filters (EQing, noise reduction) so it may not sound
like what you have:

http://home.comcast.net/~khemystri/Tool_Viginti_Tres_solved.mp3

tollll12
05-17-2006, 01:07 PM
I then reversed it.....

WOW.

of the first section, blended perfectly with the beginning of the second section...

The message is:

or

like what you have:

uh, well I hear it, but you're gonna have to post a step by step procedure to reproduce what you've created in order for anybody to believe it.

khemystri
05-17-2006, 01:19 PM
uh, well I hear it, but you're gonna have to post a step by step procedure to reproduce what you've created in order for anybody to believe it.

ok, program used: Cooledit pro

1) open mp3

2) stretch/compress - set the final length to: 7 seconds
(make sure "hold pitch" is enabled)

3) delete the noise in the beginning and end... (theyre just crackling sounds)

4) reverse the entire message

5) visually, the message looks like its in two parts (viewing the wav)
take the part that is now at the beginning, and reverse that... (at this
point the message should be clear)

6) EQ it.... play with removing the bass, try different noise reduction settings
to make it clear

7) enjoy

tollll12
05-17-2006, 01:20 PM
ok, program used: Cooledit pro

1) open mp3

2) stretch/compress - set the final length to: 7 seconds
(make sure "hold pitch" is enabled)

3) delete the noise in the beginning and end... (theyre just crackling sounds)

4) reverse the entire message

5) visually, the message looks like its in two parts (viewing the wav)
take the part that is now at the beginning, and reverse that...

6) enjoy

cool, I'll try it when I get home.

-Dustin

thomasknight
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
khemystri, are you serious?
you're pulling my fucking plonker

why leave it so obscure even after those effects? i can't even make out any words
gimme some help!

khemystri
05-17-2006, 01:24 PM
khemystri, are you serious?
you're pulling my fucking plonker

why leave it so obscure even after those effects? i can't even make out any words
gimme some help!

nope, its pretty clear cut.... (follow my instructions)
youll start to hear it...

(ive fucked with .wav editors since the early 90's... that helps too)

Tachyon
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Why would they hide such a meaningless thing about Bush??? Is that really of such importance?? Are their gotta get whacked if they say something like that only not hidden in a track???? I like that their maybe hiding stuff but I can't understand why they something like this. I would hide somethings like a spell which makes may fly or teleport. I would be a big secret but I wouldn't keep it all to myself. Fuck Bush and cheers to the Cigarrette Smoking Guy(s) (reffering to the ancient X-Files of years of approx '96)

tollll12
05-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Why would they hide such a meaningless thing about Bush??? Is that really of such importance?? Are their gotta get whacked if they say something like that only not hidden in a track???? I like that their maybe hiding stuff but I can't understand why they something like this. I would hide somethings like a spell which makes may fly or teleport. I would be a big secret but I wouldn't keep it all to myself. Fuck Bush and cheers to the Cigarrette Smoking Guy(s) (reffering to the ancient X-Files of years of approx '96)

Yeah I agree - though I don't like Bush, it's kind of a lame hidden message.

bruised_kiwi
05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
I agree also that it is a pointless message to hide in the song, but we'll see. I knew there was more to the song that random noise.

whitewater
05-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I then reversed it.....

WOW.

The message is:

or

like what you have:

Nice work!

I hear it! Could be something slightly different, but definitely very close to the answer!

Edit - been listening some more. Could it be: "Bush sucks, is the final answer", "Jesus sucks is the final answer".. or...

elevation
05-18-2006, 02:09 PM
You guys are just hearing things. Be serious.

whitewater
05-18-2006, 02:15 PM
You guys are just hearing things. Be serious.

You obviously didn't listen to the audio file, did you?

rogerdoger
05-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Not quite clear enough. I think someone should compress it into 23 seconds, then reverse it....

Muladhara
05-18-2006, 03:21 PM
I made it 23 seconds long and the really weird thing is, it sounds like it's saying the same thing backwards as it does forwards. I think they put the sample in forwards and the backwards to confuse people.

Sounds just like "The systeeeeem"

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
hmmmmmm, I think that its a recording of the voice of God as he was speaking to Judith Marie Garrison/Keenan just after she passed away and he's saying "Hello Judith, I've been expecting you".

Liam
05-18-2006, 03:42 PM
i'm hearing
"this, is your answer" or
"this, is the answer".

edit: the "bush" bit is just breathing in

shuggy
05-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the bush thing seems a bit arbitrary based on that distortion

Agent_202
05-18-2006, 04:25 PM
i hear "accept faith" or "accept fate"

from khemystri's work.

Liam
05-18-2006, 05:06 PM
i hear "accept faith" or "accept fate"

from khemystri's work.

I honestly cant hear how you got that.

Kochipahk
05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
I still think it's saying "Francisco".

Agent_202
05-18-2006, 06:11 PM
I honestly cant hear how you got that.

mono computer speaker at work, gonna give a whirl here again on my comp.

deviever
05-18-2006, 07:26 PM
mono computer speaker at work, gonna give a whirl here again on my comp.

Diggin' a bit too hard.

devi-

Rav
05-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Not so sure on the whole Bush thing, but are we certain he's saying 'This is your final answer'. It sounds like '*something* find the answer' to me.

chaos_one666
05-19-2006, 02:34 AM
didnt we already prove it was an office space quote? i haven't really been paying attention

hahaha......it's maynard asking danny for his stapler.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-19-2006, 04:23 AM
He is saying "this is your final album" it has been rumoured for a while hat this would be tools final album, so there is your evidence

panocha21
05-19-2006, 07:48 AM
I posted something like this a while ago. I personally shortened it to 23 seconds. It sounds like something's being said, but I cant make it out. I also did it backwards and it sounded more eerie. I havent heard the 18 second track yet.

whitewater
05-19-2006, 08:49 AM
He is saying "this is your final album" it has been rumoured for a while hat this would be tools final album, so there is your evidence

Sorry, that's wrong, there's no way that the word 'answer' can be mistaken for 'album'.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry, that's wrong, there's no way that the word 'answer' can be mistaken for 'album'.

i was joking.

i posted taht to see if i would get such a reaction. I am aware that it is not album

davelisowski
05-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Pink Floyd had a reversed secret message on The Wall (I think in "Empty Spaces"). Anyways, I know that many people have made some PF links especially with this album.

I'll try khemystri's method tonight when I get home. A hidden message wouldn't surprise me.

Rod
05-19-2006, 09:45 AM
i was joking.

i posted taht to see if i would get such a reaction. I am aware that it is not album

Brilliant, dude, you should take that act on the road....

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Brilliant, dude, you should take that act on the road....

Due to the medium you have chosen to express sarcasm it will be, no doubt, unfortunatley lost on many. Eitehr that or you have a bizarre taste in obscure comedy

blafuckbla
05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
you guys are truly fucking hilarious :D come on...go play outside haha.

whitewater
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Okay, been working on Viginiti Tres. Reduced it to 5 seconds length, reversed it, increased the pitch 3 (I think, maybe 4) Semi-tones, did some noise reduction, and came up with this:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E4C3983C66556D0D

I can't catch that first word... I wont say what I think it osunds like, because I don't want you to hear the word that I'm hearing, see what word you come up with. I'm thinking it's the name of the writer of some works of ritual magick or something... I dunno.. just throwing that out there...

kether4602
05-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Okay, been working on Viginiti Tres. Reduced it to 5 seconds length, reversed it, increased the pitch 3 (I think, maybe 4) Semi-tones, did some noise reduction, and came up with this:

I can't catch that first word... I wont say what I think it osunds like, because I don't want you to hear the word that I'm hearing, see what word you come up with. I'm thinking it's the name of the writer of some works of ritual magick or something... I dunno.. just throwing that out there...

it almost sounds like 'satan' to me. but im at work and cant turn it up too loud. that's probably just what i 'want' to hear. lol, im probably way off.

defjuxie
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM

you stole my stapler....

lordspandex
05-19-2006, 01:14 PM
hot as snow? his or hers?

DrowSmurf
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
its says... "the system" just play it REALLLY loudly

Leroy Brown
05-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I think it was put there to fuck with people. If tool were going to do secret message I would expect something more conrete and meaningful than that gibberish.

whitewater
05-19-2006, 01:39 PM
you stole my stapler....

Hehehehehe... a red one?

whitewater
05-19-2006, 01:39 PM
its says... "the system" just play it REALLLY loudly

You should go back to the beginning of this thread, and read every single post, litsen to every sound file posted, and then post a new reply.

whitewater
05-19-2006, 01:41 PM
I think it was put there to fuck with people. If tool were going to do secret message I would expect something more conrete and meaningful than that gibberish.

Yeah, I'm not looking for anything real exciting like the answer to a release date of a new cd, or the real details of our ending. Given that they put a secret backwards somewhat lame 'stay in school, work hard' message in Intension... just curious is all.

tollll12
05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
...somewhat lame 'stay in school, work hard' message in Intension...

Lame? Try HILARIOUS! Usually backmasking reveals some hidden satanic message and causes a band to get sued (Judas Preist). Tool's use is some funny shit.

-Dustin

opiated
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm hearing: "[Insert word here] is your answer."

Maybe what you hear for the [Insert word here] part plays off of the whole "what you seek is what you hear" concept.

I'll listen to a few more files.

opiated
05-19-2006, 02:24 PM
...I'm still hearing the same thing.

black_rose
05-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Has anyone got this sounding any clearer yet i've been messing around in wavelab and it sounded like it was saying rosetta stoned is the answer?

This is really strange.

whitewater
05-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Has anyone got this sounding any clearer yet i've been messing around in wavelab and it sounded like it was saying rosetta stoned is the answer?

This is really strange.

Funny you should say that, because that's what I thought I heard at one point....

black_rose
05-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I've listened to it around 100 times now with different settings and i swear down it says rosetta stoned is the answer, maybe this song ( rosetta stoned) has something to do with the puzzle?

blackandwhite
05-19-2006, 02:49 PM
When does it say this?

Agent_202
05-19-2006, 03:04 PM
"our soul is the answer"?

black_rose
05-19-2006, 03:58 PM
I've listened to it about 100 more times and i still hear "rosetta stoned is the answer", has anyone got it any clearer yet? If someone can get that bit of audio clearer or slow it down so its more audible please upload it.

Oh and checking the lyrics that have been posted so far for rosetta stoned, i think it is possible that he is singing about the album in a sense?

The lines "outside my need to know post considering the hoax thing"

and in the 2nd verse: "then the x files began"

maybe more i'm a bit drunk

foursixandtwo
05-19-2006, 04:16 PM
it says "the kids on TDN are on crack"

PriceisRight
05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
I can't get the mechanical sound out of the voice. But it sounds like it's saying...destroy the system

black_rose
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
yep i'm a year younger than you, a 22 year old kid haha

05-21-2006, 04:53 AM

That is one creepy as fuck sound...

Yogho!
05-21-2006, 06:16 AM
PEOPLE COMON you cant make a song knowing that if you reduce to couple seconds you get a word thats just impossible........

b00ns

khemystri
05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
PEOPLE COMON you cant make a song knowing that if you reduce to couple seconds you get a word thats just impossible........

b00ns

I hope thats sarcasm.... my sarcasm detector has been on the fritz....

blackandwhite
05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Ok, I did it! I got a decoder ring in the mail from a certain secret society I belong to and I have decyphered the message!!!!
It says "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha

oh how I love internet sarcasm.

PriceisRight
05-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Ok, I did it! I got a decoder ring in the mail from a certain secret society I belong to and I have decyphered the message!!!!
It says "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"!!!!

I lol'd to that

JOK3R
05-21-2006, 03:51 PM
trippy

Scobularni
05-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Played around with this a bit tonight. Reducing it to around a minute long I hear "Francisco Aah" really slowly, and afterwards "Franciscaaaaaaaaa" at a faster speed.

There's something said after the second "francisco" but I'll be fucked if i can make out what it is. Sounds like "Francissssss" when in reverse.

xineax
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, that first file sounds like Maynard saying "...is a fine answer. " I am not thinking it says Bush either. The other file almost sounds like "This spoon disappoints."
haha

Recently, I've though this might have been mixed with a slowed down sample of a movie. Like Apocalypse Now or something (mentioned by Maynard a lot).

No_Quarter1121
05-21-2006, 05:47 PM

I sneer at your ignorance?

WillS10
05-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I am hearing two voices on the second link that was posted.

First voice asking a the question:
"Why'd you steal?"

Second voice's response:
"Because I..."

I can't make out the rest, but is anyone hearing what i'm hearing?

Jayar
05-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Dude's what the fuck is this, now I'm hearing 'Blair! Pass me a fucking Pogo, Christ!"

O.o

Loveboat Captain
05-23-2006, 07:05 AM
I then reversed it.....

WOW.

The message is:

or

like what you have:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE SATAN!

Pughwe
05-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Maybe they are big michael jordan fans. Or even lebron james.....jk

I have no clue what he says....all i know is that i generally just press stop once right in two ends, this song is kind of creepy

Matt8
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
i think i heard the word acid but im not sure. its the only part i can vaguely understand.

Matt8
05-23-2006, 05:18 PM
in the 5 second one the first two words i can swear say magic spell.

JuhaDeWolf
05-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I buried Paul, turn me on dead man.

EssnayRepXTamEt
05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
If "Rosetta Stoned is the answer" is whats actually being said (I'm not saying that it is, I too can't make it out perfectly, yet) I have a feeling the protagonist in the song is "Francisco."

khemystri
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE SATAN!

hahahah very good.

satan is lord!!!!!
Get off the ceiling nigel

Subster
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Dude's what the fuck is this, now I'm hearing 'Blair! Pass me a fucking Pogo, Christ!"

O.o

LOL this was histarical... i cannot spell

l3ster
05-24-2006, 06:19 AM
although MJK did get real political recently....I did see an interview that he did about the Emotive cd (apc) and everytime he was asked about a song, he said it had something to do with Bush sucking (he used other words, but its been awhile since I saw that interview) Even with that, I seriously doubt the hidden message has anything to do with Bush. This album deals with much deeper concepts.

Fulcanelli
05-24-2006, 03:06 PM
It doesn't sound like anything meaningful. Even if it is the Bush thing then that would be pretty stupid, IMO. Anyway, the song may hide a message but I don't think that's it.

Gnome_Chomsky
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
You guys a retarted. It sounds like BHOOOKSHSHSHSBAYBAHAHSHSHSH not "jesus sucks is the final answer" do you realize that even if it sounded like that, it still doesnt make sense? Seriously why are you looking so far into this. ITS RANDOM NOISE.

Liam
05-25-2006, 03:21 PM
"FUCK, is the answer"

derekoneill
05-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Im almost postive guys that "Rosetta Stoned is the answer".

sumsh
05-26-2006, 01:27 PM
I've listened to it about 100 more times and i still hear "rosetta stoned is the answer", has anyone got it any clearer yet? If someone can get that bit of audio clearer or slow it down so its more audible please upload it.

Oh and checking the lyrics that have been posted so far for rosetta stoned, i think it is possible that he is singing about the album in a sense?

The lines "outside my need to know post considering the hoax thing"

and in the 2nd verse: "then the x files began"

maybe more i'm a bit drunk
The correct lyrics are "outside my need to know post considering the whole chosen people thing"

and

"then the x files being" being meaning alien

mikeanthony
05-26-2006, 01:48 PM
I can hear ----------------- is the final answer

i dunno what the first part is

black_rose
05-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Upon closer inspection I reckon it might say "My arse was on fire" or "This arse is on fire"

Rosette feasted
05-28-2006, 03:19 AM
OMG! I think I've found the real message while playing around with the speed and stuff...
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BFCE5C10098B9921

10,000 boobies
05-28-2006, 05:45 AM
CMON! Dont lie! is that really Viginti Tres, rosette feasted? If it is than LOL

Skrue you guys, I'm goin home.

CrazyJoeDevola
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
What I hear from this version:

...is a whispering voice saying "That was his financer." And the big deep voice sounds like its saying "BUSH." Perhaps making reference to the Bush families' Nazi money. That's the first thing I thought of. But I'm crazy.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-29-2006, 03:24 PM
OMG! I think I've found the real message while playing around with the speed and stuff...

its sounds liek cartman on speed or seomthing, lol

dvnt
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM

that one made me laugh really hard. haha.

couldbe
05-30-2006, 03:05 AM
i hear "___...searching for an answer" they're? you're? no clue, but the last part sounds good to me...

05-30-2006, 03:20 AM
keep searching for the answer

murph.vienna
05-30-2006, 03:37 AM
What I have made out though...

The tracks length is about 302 seconds.

Now, if you start a speed change plugin, following happens:

If you put in 23 BPM as song tempo, and want to speed it up to 302 BPM that equals 1216%.
The tracks length will then be:
---> 23.07 seconds

i think this is some very weird coincidence. i also tried to think about: what would be if this song had been recorded on a tape, and the tape is *GRADUALLY* slowed up and down while "speaking" the message. tonight I will try to work it with VirtualDJ and a pitch-bender.

Another fact..
When you analyze the track with a spectrum analyzer you will find specific harmonic frequency peaks.
these are found at:

37 Hz
74 Hz
111 Hz
148 Hz
185 Hz

funny that this is 1*37, 2*37, 3*37 ....
36.7 Hz is the musicial frequency of the D1. i think the reason why these spikes occour is due the synthesis of the sounds in the beginning, maybe this is the base frequency of it.

hope someone can make sth up to this..

PriceisRight
05-30-2006, 09:42 AM
What I have made out though...

The tracks length is about 302 seconds.

Now, if you start a speed change plugin, following happens:

If you put in 23 BPM as song tempo, and want to speed it up to 302 BPM that equals 1216%.
The tracks length will then be:
---> 23.07 seconds

i think this is some very weird coincidence. i also tried to think about: what would be if this song had been recorded on a tape, and the tape is *GRADUALLY* slowed up and down while "speaking" the message. tonight I will try to work it with VirtualDJ and a pitch-bender.

Another fact..
When you analyze the track with a spectrum analyzer you will find specific harmonic frequency peaks.
these are found at:

37 Hz
74 Hz
111 Hz
148 Hz
185 Hz

funny that this is 1*37, 2*37, 3*37 ....
36.7 Hz is the musicial frequency of the D1. i think the reason why these spikes occour is due the synthesis of the sounds in the beginning, maybe this is the base frequency of it.

hope someone can make sth up to this..

WOW...that was all greek to me man!

Good luck with that

utertag
06-01-2006, 08:29 AM
WOW...that was all greek to me man!

Good luck with that

I've been using WL as well on this one, and with no reversing, two short phrases seem to bleed through all of the ambient noise:

Vas ist los

Das ist gut.

The first one is quite difficult, but the second one is quite clear. I'll upload the file later so that someone might actually believe me.

kimterrry
06-01-2006, 10:56 PM
*sigh...Bush was his financer. george (6 letters) walter (6) bush jr. (6)
Getting the hint? Your 'Satan's' means of entrance into our realm. Havent you noticed the look of confusion on his face while making desicions and trying to talk? Not a $$$ finance. Figure it out. ><

tollll12
06-01-2006, 11:56 PM
*sigh...Bush was his financer. george (6 letters) walter (6) bush jr. (6)
Getting the hint? Your 'Satan's' means of entrance into our realm. Havent you noticed the look of confusion on his face while making desicions and trying to talk? Not a $$$ finance. Figure it out. ><

*Walker - still works though :)

Lysanderdarkstar
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
i'd really like to try the same thing on (-) ion i really think that these two songs are linked... :s

Lysander
06-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Why? Because they're both sound effects tracks? -Ions was made for a clear, specific purpose, 23's has yet to be determined.

Vondruke
06-10-2006, 12:10 AM
If you're not interested in having a little fun with this, then just skip this post, I know full well this could be complete nonsensical random noise.

Okay, I have caved in and decided to try and mess with this file.
I did find something different.

All I get from the first part is "assist us" or something to that effect, "francisco" whatever, you want to say it is. It's the latter part I worked on.

This original file obviously needed to be raised up, I used Cool Edit, stretched it a bit, raised the pitch, amplified it, maybe some noise reduction, I don't remember exactly, the important thing is I added absolutely nothing to it and just tried to 'clean it up'. I was only working on the second part anyways, the part that follows "asisco" "assist us" :random noise: whatever the fuck we want to say it is........

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BD9E80850C3C72BD
very small file (490K), it's a .wav

If you bust out laughing, you hear the same thing I do. I'll post tomorrow night and tell you what I hear, as to not be suggestive to anyone. In my opinion, it even sounds a little like Maynard (maybe not) a few pitches higher of course.

At the least it beats watching the mindless drone TV, when you're bored.

Metal Militia
06-10-2006, 09:16 PM
I then reversed it.....

WOW.

The message is:

or

like what you have:

I heard "Vos is a dumb asshole". I think it's a Jim Norton quote.

Vondruke
06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I hear something like "I'LL FUCK YOU UP THE ASSHOLE"

I heard "I fucked a dog in the ass"

Janos
06-12-2006, 05:10 AM
I heard noises.

You guys are way off.

lighterbandit
07-17-2006, 07:42 AM
it isn't random noise. at about 3:22 it sounds like it says 'the system.' just before that there's a weird breathing sound and after 'the system' there's a long growling sound.

DON IOTAE
07-17-2006, 07:44 AM
I hear "Satan is lord"

remember_forget
07-17-2006, 07:32 PM
All those files are expired for me.

DON IOTAE
07-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Shit dude, your handle itself should be part of the poetry section... Love it.

remember_forget
07-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Me?

DON IOTAE
07-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah.

remember_forget
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks man.

to all: I just started a topic that encompasses this idea somewhat, in this forum. Check it out if you'd like to contribute

HelloImCarter
07-17-2006, 11:34 PM
I hear "Satan is lord"

Plain as day, "Khrrrrrrr. Satin is lord, Satin is lord. Khrrrrrrr. It's like he's here in the room with us."

DON IOTAE
07-18-2006, 05:48 AM
^ LMAO

jesse.O_o
07-18-2006, 09:42 PM
"This is forever"?

DON IOTAE
07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
FOREVER MAY NOT BE LONG ENOUGH

bpcampb
07-23-2006, 08:20 AM
I raised the sample 23 semitones...

When played forwards it sounds like electral impulses... Then it says 'Thats it, thats it, thats it' then noise
When played in reverse it says Pass the stapler danny

It was probably samples from cutting takes strechted out to make a five minute track. So little punks like me could compress it and see what they have to say...

Just raise it 23 semitones or speed it up to 277.5%

HelloImCarter
07-23-2006, 11:37 PM
^- It really does sound like "pass the stapler." Hehe.

afrodite's child
07-24-2006, 03:55 AM
Ok u make experiments, but upload the results plz : ) we are not all audio experts to do it on our own.

TheJuiceOfSatan
07-24-2006, 12:32 PM
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT! i clearly heard the voice say "A SYSTEM". perhaps referring to life as a system.

TheJuiceOfSatan
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
MAYBE IT SAYS "ASSIST THEM"?!
asking god to assist the monkies?

bpcampb
07-24-2006, 01:57 PM
^- It really does sound like "pass the stapler." Hehe.

This could be taken at face value... It could be the band fucking around.

EGG-MAN
07-24-2006, 03:24 PM
"You gonna eat that stapler? Wanna split it?" - Peter Griffin.

Caduceus11
07-24-2006, 09:55 PM
yea, c'mon! Upload this stuff somewhere sos we can all hear what you've done with it....I'm hundreds of miles from home, away from my home PC with the progs to do these things...no time here at work for that---

Lysander
07-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Maybe he's saying "assisted," as in "assisted suicide," as in what I want to do to all of you worthless lazy assholes who can't be bothered to take 20 whole minutes to download Audacity and play with this.

RedMetalSox
07-31-2006, 12:58 PM
assited...as in jordan....23. he was 'assited' alot.

Sagacious Foetu
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Lame? Try HILARIOUS! Usually backmasking reveals some hidden satanic message and causes a band to get sued (Judas Preist). Tool's use is some funny shit.

-Dustin
absolutely, i'm glad someone sees the hilarity. i died when i first heard the "work hard, stay in school" thing.

kevinmz
08-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Listening to: http://home.comcast.net/~khemystri/Tool_Viginti_Tres_solved.mp3

It sounds to me like it's saying:
"Death sucks his financer" or maybe
"Dad sucks his financer"

I think I might have listened to it too many times now.

PriceisRight
08-09-2006, 01:05 PM
can someone upload the stapler one?

kieran walsh
08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
"Respect, not just coz your parents do"

trinkle1007
08-10-2006, 07:29 PM
It says you are "searching for an answer"

Denots_a_Tesor
08-18-2006, 01:21 AM

thats been my impression.

HelenA
12-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Work hard - stay in school

THAT works for me - try it (fuckers).

WORK HARD and STAY IN SCHOOL

mr. nikki jensen
12-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Work hard - stay in school

THAT works for me - try it (fuckers).

WORK HARD and STAY IN SCHOOL

helen, thats the intension message....

VT is just noice

Salvatorin
12-30-2006, 06:06 PM
woof

HelenA
12-30-2006, 07:44 PM
helen, thats the intension message....

VT is just noice

Yeah, even I skip over VT. I feel guilty doing it though! And I love intension but mainly because I think Right in Two is one of the most brilliant songs ever. (IMO - of course)

chaotic_confusion
01-04-2007, 01:46 AM
well... i don't entirely know what to think, i messed around with it a bit until it sounded like what we humans would believe to be the sound of a u.f.o. whirring around (i'd post it, but i found listening to it pointless anyway), though if possible, since all of the previous soundfiles uploaded onto the yousendit site have expired, i'd appreciate if they were uploaded again (or onto a different site) to give them a listen.

post scriptum: khemistry's "solution" is no longer availible as well.

Ænimic4six1
01-06-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah...please...coz i have audacity..but i dun know how to fuck around with audios...i just use it to record my songs..

please.

fadastic
01-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Here's my own edit where I think he's saying "this is love"

fadastic.googlepages.com/theMessage.mp3

Either that, or "sizzler"

chaotic_confusion
01-08-2007, 05:18 AM
although i can actual hear the "sizzler" i'm going to believe that that's only a small piece of the entirety.

Intertwined
01-25-2007, 08:33 AM
MAYBE IT SAYS "ASSIST THEM"?!
asking god to assist the monkies?

You know.. if you tie this song in with the two Wings tracks "assist them" fits in with the lyrics that 10,000 days reaches at that point.

Cooly
01-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Needs to be sped up even more. Somebody should keep doing stuff to it and make a log of it. Amazing find.

Inner_Eulogy
02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
You know.. if you tie this song in with the two Wings tracks "assist them" fits in with the lyrics that 10,000 days reaches at that point.

How do you figure that at all? The Wings 1 & 2 are about Maynards mother, there's no arguing that...so who is them? Maynard only had one mother you know.

Intertwined
02-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Your way home ...

Oh, what are they going to do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they going to do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?

right at the "..." is when "assist them" is audible.

Inner_Eulogy
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Your way home ...

Oh, what are they going to do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they going to do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?

right at the "..." is when "assist them" is audible.

Ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly here, you're saying if you play both songs overlapped at the same time, the part of viginti tres that says (whatever it is they say - "assist them" you claim) plays right at the time shown at your above post. Is that correct? If so, while it all may sound kind of interesting I highly doubt it's anything more than a mere coincidence.

IC
02-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I know what they are saying. And tool have a great sense of humor-
they're saying something like..

(the/my) sister.. yeah I fucked her in the ass.

listen.
lol

edit*
listen to the first clip posted.

brcy
02-15-2007, 02:17 PM
With the improper usage of caps in the name of this thread, I assumed this to be a joke. Is it?

DON IOTAE
02-15-2007, 03:47 PM
decide for yourself.

IC
02-15-2007, 08:15 PM
decide for yourself.

no let me decide for you.

;)

jevons
02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
All those files are expired for me.

word.

burning_purity
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I heard it was Latin. Here are the translated lyrics that i've found.

Una Infinitas
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia
viginti tres gradus ad summam potestatem

TRANSLATED
one infinity
the horror begins in autumn
this is your trial, which tries your (power, might, ability; efficacy, potency)
Twenty three steps to total power.

Not sure if that's it or not, but it makes sense to me.

buzzo
03-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I heard it was Latin. Here are the translated lyrics that i've found.

Una Infinitas
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia
viginti tres gradus ad summam potestatem

TRANSLATED
one infinity
the horror begins in autumn
this is your trial, which tries your (power, might, ability; efficacy, potency)
Twenty three steps to total power.

Not sure if that's it or not, but it makes sense to me.

i have no idea where those came from but i don't think it's in there??? who knows

i hear ascisco...which given the definition it makes sense to me, others say i see daath or something or other...that makes sense too...also back to the title for a moment...

jevons insists it is 20 3's, i agree, but also we are being told to put the two together (not these words in particular of course, but maybe it works both ways) which would bring us back to 23...so maybe it's both...if not then it is soley 20 3's or 3 20's given the vision connection...thanks jev, oh and burntpurity, i'm not knock'n your find, i'm just, rambling...

>>>unrelated<<<

i found something on the trails today, a big rock with all these blue shiny things in it, i think they are kevin bacon embryos frozen in glass and to be preserved by the hathors of venus to make kevin bacon clones and repopulate the solar system...that was until the feds blew their fucking ship sky high...bastards

tempathy
03-29-2007, 05:52 AM
so none of these links work but i got to throw in my idea. i'm sure we can all clearly hear "the system" on the unedited track, but i am seeing changes in speed. not dramatic but systematically over the length of the song, it could be a parabola or a series of parabola's which you would need to pitch-shift, but before doing so you would have to know 'the system'... such as how 23 relates to the song in a pattern, or 20 3's i heard someone else mention which kind of got me thinking. if someone far better at math, or audio editing than me were able to figure out 'the system', whether it is a parabola or just a basic pattern for the pitch or range shifts - i think we'd get somewhere.

TJP
03-30-2007, 09:42 AM
I know what they are saying. And tool have a great sense of humor-
they're saying something like..

(the/my) sister.. yeah I fucked her in the ass.

listen.
lol

edit*
listen to the first clip posted.It sounds more like "my sister i fucked her straight up the ass"

hemiola
03-31-2007, 01:28 PM
so none of these links work but i got to throw in my idea. i'm sure we can all clearly hear "the system" on the unedited track, but i am seeing changes in speed. not dramatic but systematically over the length of the song, it could be a parabola or a series of parabola's which you would need to pitch-shift, but before doing so you would have to know 'the system'... such as how 23 relates to the song in a pattern, or 20 3's i heard someone else mention which kind of got me thinking. if someone far better at math, or audio editing than me were able to figure out 'the system', whether it is a parabola or just a basic pattern for the pitch or range shifts - i think we'd get somewhere.

this makes a lot of sense to me. perhaps the golden mean is involved?

Carny_Handles
05-06-2007, 01:11 PM
That's 302 seconds.

OMG MAYNARD LUV'S MUSTANGS!