PDA

View Full Version : Freebird

christoph
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, I had an idea about the song, and what it could be.

Ever see the infamous Bill Hicks show where a member of the audience heckles at Bill, and shouts Freebird? This causes Bill to go nuts, and call him all sorts of names under the sun. He then says "Freebird - the mantra of the moron".

So it got me thinking, what if someone is actually saying Freebird, and it's been slowed down? Maybe it's like a "haha, you fools" joke that we aren't supposed to get. I think the cat thing is to throw us off the scent.

Kochipahk
05-26-2006, 08:35 PM
I've sped it up before. It just sounds like a lot of disturbing screeching noises.

The_Flood
05-31-2006, 02:37 PM
I read somewhere it's maynard squeezing one of his cats and recording the sounds it made. He then slowed it down, and bam - you have Mantra.

But I also read that the story about the cat was complete bull shit, so your guess is as good as mine ;)

P1_PP1_N
06-06-2006, 02:47 AM
It sounds like an Indian woman chanting, I believe it's from the Exorcist

TurdEye13
06-20-2006, 09:14 AM

no way!!!

eulogy09
06-20-2006, 10:17 AM
if someone could post a link to the song sped up, that would be great. I'm curious to hear what the cat sounds like normaly

Yondo
07-10-2006, 12:34 PM
It's nota cat, it's a recreation of a Mantra. Just load the song into Sound Recorder and quadruple the speed, and you can clearly hear the Hindi music and some chanting in the background.

ShadowLine
08-02-2006, 11:15 AM

and where the fuck in the exorsist id a indian woman chanting, film buff?

chris
x

Lie Cheat And Steal
08-11-2006, 12:33 AM
and where the fuck in the exorsist id a indian woman chanting, film buff?

chris
x

Lol....you don't remember that classic part in the movie? wow that was like the best part!

(self(other
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey guys, I had an idea about the song, and what it could be.

Ever see the infamous Bill Hicks show where a member of the audience heckles at Bill, and shouts Freebird? This causes Bill to go nuts, and call him all sorts of names under the sun. He then says "Freebird - the mantra of the moron".

So it got me thinking, what if someone is actually saying Freebird, and it's been slowed down? Maybe it's like a "haha, you fools" joke that we aren't supposed to get. I think the cat thing is to throw us off the scent.

I remember see that clip, why was the guy saying freebird? what was the significance?

ShadowLine
08-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Lol....you don't remember that classic part in the movie? wow that was like the best part!

lol. sadly no.. my memory is shit. lol

chris
x