PDA

View Full Version : Eargasm at 3:17

Doubt
05-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Does anyone have and eargasm as soon as Danny starts adding the snare to the beat at about 3:17 ( I think )?

Heroin
05-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Does anyone have and eargasm as soon as Danny starts adding the snare to the beat at about 3:17 ( I think )?

YEAH DUDE, my ears totally get off when they hear that. when my ears nut they just ooze earwax out of them. it's like "yea baby, louder, oooooh."

satyrfrost
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
How about a Toolgasm.

obwah
05-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that beat is insane, can't get enough...

½ - ∑mptﻹ
05-16-2006, 06:52 PM
this whole friggin song is like ear-tantra for me. w/ the volume all the way up, of course.

fugitive538
05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
How about a Toolgasm.

Yeah, thats it. Toolgasm:-) I have it several times on the album.
One very long in 10kdays, from 3:13
The start of Jambi is a bit of a Toolgasm too.
Rosetta Stoned, the verse from 8:37...
And Right In Two at 6:44...oh my god...
And yes, vicarious 3:17 definitely:-) (turned loud.)

I love tool:-))

Liquid Drum Theater
05-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Too many Toolgasm's on this CD, not that its a bad thing :)

I love it when the snare (albiet turned off) comes in on Jambi.....oooohhh

sekhmet
05-18-2006, 11:15 PM
The beginning of Wings for Marie is an eargasm for me, especially at 1:10.

OMG

mulhollanddriven
05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I get the shivers from Vicarious as Danny pulls off that first snare roll and goes to his ride cymbal, right on que with Maynard saying "It's no fun til....some...one...dies......*snare roll to ride cymbal..."

I can still remember that it was that musical moment that made me think "Fuck yeah...this is Tool....home again..."

The Village Too
05-18-2006, 11:43 PM

adding a snare to that chugging bass/guitar and tom pounding is a cliche employed by just about every fucking hick metal band i know. i can't feel eargasms cuz i'm too overwhelmed by its lameness. i'm sorry. it sounds snobby, but i'm really not trying to. i just can't appreciate it

Vicarious_Lee
05-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Not just an eargasm, man, oh my god, I think the first day, that i picked this album up, and listened to it all the way through for the first time, I think I needed a new pair of pants.

Vicarious_Lee
05-19-2006, 02:56 AM
adding a snare to that chugging bass/guitar and tom pounding is a cliche employed by just about every fucking hick metal band i know. i can't feel eargasms cuz i'm too overwhelmed by its lameness. i'm sorry. it sounds snobby, but i'm really not trying to. i just can't appreciate it

You just dont have a taste for talent i guess. Any kid who took general music in Junior High school could appreciate that little manuver.

guitarpete987
05-19-2006, 08:11 AM

Based on the context, I'm assuming we're all talking about the part that begins at 3:37, after the second chorus? Cause 3:17 is a snare roll midway through the second chorus. Anywho, this entire song is brilliant.

Back on topic...
Well, it's your loss man. Every time I hear Danny's work in this song I get a smile on my face. And at the point of the song I'm thinking of, here's a bass player and a drummer who are legends in their own time hammering out a balls-out rock beat. And the fact that they can put such a groove to a 5/4 beat still amazes me!

I've been listening to rock and metal music since I was in the cradle and I've heard it all from the most simplistic to the absolute most complex and while the part might be a bit cliched, there's a difference between simply playing a cliche and taking something that has been overused in the past and playing it with such authority that it becomes an unforgettable part of a song.

Tool has used TONS of cliches in the past. They just happen to always put their trademark sound on them to make them distinctly theirs.

Marshalclick
05-19-2006, 10:47 PM
The begining of Rosetta Stoned elevates Tool to what it always is to us....ART. Brilliant song and totally new sound.

champion
05-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm starting to think Tool fans have never heard any other music.

This is one of the best tracks on the album, and it's definitely great to listen to. But people who are saying "I can't believe they can groove in 5/4" and "when Danny adds a snare to the bass-line ORGASM OMG." It sounds great and they're all superior musicians, but, come on... there are plenty of other bands who do great things. It's not like nobody has ever played a great 5/4 metal groove before.

This goes back to my reading about some guy who reviewed the album and said about 10,000 Days "this is where Tool does what they do better than anyone else in HISTORY... the lost art of the crescendo and build-up" and I was thinking... has this guy heard any music before? Classical? Film soundtracks? The entire post-rock genre?

The members have a great ear for music, but it's starting to get ridiculous when people think they're the only band incorporating what they incorporate within their music. It's time to branch out when you think Vicarious is the greatest song ever written by anybody.