PDA

View Full Version : What ever happend to "The Wall" style movie?

randomhero8823
05-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Do you think Tool will still make "The Wall" type musical movie?? I remember last year that was all the hype, whatever happend to that?

imatoolhed
05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Do you think Tool will still make "The Wall" type musical movie?? I remember last year that was all the hype, whatever happend to that?

Never heard of it, but i could see it being done (in the right way).

randomhero8823
05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
hell yeah it would be

StoneyB
05-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Actually, the DVD they were planning to make was just going to be a live DVD done TOOL style. Not your typical live DVD I'm sure. They did say a while back that they think they would be the band that would attempt their own "the wall". There have been many rumors of Adam spending a lot of time on an unknown project, but who knows for sure what it is. I guess we all need to just stay patient and keep our eyes open.

awaking
maybe you play the album while watching from dusk till dawn

randomhero8823
6/6/06? maybe?

randomhero8823
05-15-2006, 08:01 PM
maybe you play the album while watching from dusk till dawn

maybe it syncs up... SOMEONE TRY IT!!!!

Gustavs01
05-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Tool was very interested in doing a "Wall" type movie but the plans fell through no funding which I find hilarious and the fact that it takes Tool 18 months Plus to write a 78 minute album. So I am sure maybe when they are all 60 yrs old something cool will come out, Read about this a while ago on MTV news. (puke)

barometric_tool
05-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Pink Floyd used all the bricks, and Tool got stuck with the plaster.

lemonlateralus
05-29-2006, 04:46 AM
I just hope it will be worth it, likelyhood of vicarious dvd on 6/6/6 is low now but I would love them to release the info then instead.

hushypushy
06-12-2006, 11:50 AM
if they made a 10kd movie (or a movie of any of the albms) and it was The Wall style, i would cry. The Wall was one of the worst movies i have ever seen featuring music from one of the greatest albums i've ever heard.

lachrymoIogy
07-01-2006, 11:38 AM
It would be pretty killer, but I'd still rather have a nice Live DVD, or both.

The 'movie' would be a lot better if it had its own brand new music aswell. that was the impression I was under, it would help explain what they may have been doing with their down time. and why this album took so long.

implandnoises
07-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I predict that the next album will be "The Wall" style project that they have talked about on occasion. It will take another five years to be released. Although they may have wished to do it sooner, it is only now (or rather, after the touring) that they are all available to put their all into it. If it was a normal Tool album, it would be out in 2-3 years under these circumstances, but since it will be a movie and soundtrack, it will be 5 years.

Oh yeah, and it will be the last album by Tool.

For the fun of it I will predict the name of this final project too:

Chaosma

Feel free to post your own predictions for the name of this imaginary album....

HanInCarbonite
07-10-2006, 06:35 PM
The Wall type movie is a great idea for TOOL, wouldnt a double TOOL album (like The Wall) be the shit too. They have to be doing something special w/ Alex Grey being involved. What's scary now is the guys are all touring non stop, seems Adam would have little time to get anything done (other than maybe sketches or storyboards on the airplane or something).

duncang
07-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I think they are capable of this, but making new music for it would ruin it, as we woul dhave to digest new Tool music, lyrics AND all these visual images at the same time. They should do one for Lateralus, telling the 'story' of Lateralus which a few people on these forums have discussed.

smok3y
07-17-2006, 01:07 PM
a tool version of The Wall would be great. especially if it were to be played in theaters instead of straight to video. the music going along with it would most likely be superb as well. i'd love a double-disc (or possibly dream for a triple disc like The Wall was originally supposed to be) Tool album.

lemonlateralus
07-18-2006, 05:11 PM
...but its only a dream and so it will stay for a while.
*sobs*