PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of "Viginti Tres"

Cornelli
05-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know the mening of the term "viginti tres"?

khemystri
05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
excellent first post..... 23

chalk_line
05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know the mening of the term "viginti tres"?
its latin for 23

HanInCarbonite
05-16-2006, 01:37 AM
what does Faaip De Oiad the last track on Lateralus, is that latin too?

khemystri
05-16-2006, 05:06 AM
what does Faaip De Oiad the last track on Lateralus, is that latin too?

It means: "Voice of God" in Enochian

wags
05-16-2006, 07:07 AM
note to self: read faq before posting.

Happyfunball
05-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Okay then, so what is "Stinkfist"? Some sort of British phrase, or maybe Pig-Latin? Not mentioned in the FAQ.

HallsOfMandos
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Okay then, so what is "Stinkfist"? Some sort of British phrase, or maybe Pig-Latin? Not mentioned in the FAQ.

That should need no explantion. If it does, I am at work and cannot give on for fear of NSFW typing, sorry

MemphisM
05-16-2006, 04:07 PM

You're kidding right?

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Why don't you go and look in the Stinkfist forum? What a novel idea!

jackalEleven_c90
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM

That one should easily be figured out in conjunction with the lyrics of "Stinkfist" whereas "Viginti Tres" and "Faaip..." can't be figured out with the lyrics alone.

pasartanis
05-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I think Viginti Tres (23) has something related to Faaip de oiad (The voice of god). You can hear the same radio-like sounds around minute 3:46. What if maynard thinks he heard the voice of god when he was 23, or maybe 23 years after something? Just speculating

blackandwhite
05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I actually think Faaip is more related to Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned than it is to VT.

jonasjrr
05-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, the search engine won't allow me to search for "ET" so I don't know if this is a re-post or not. Friend of mine noticed that Viginiti Tres is an anagram for "ET Visiting." This, of course, fits into a running TOOL theme.

DrummerAndrew
05-21-2006, 12:49 PM
2 and 3 are perfect numbers or something, right? Also, maybe it has a link alphabetically? B.C.? Oh crap, a can of worms.

jonasjrr
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
2 and 3 are perfect numbers or something, right? Also, maybe it has a link alphabetically? B.C.? Oh crap, a can of worms.

you mean "prime numbers"

smeefsmeef
05-21-2006, 08:52 PM
That should need no explantion. If it does, I am at work and cannot give on for fear of NSFW typing, sorry

Stinkfist is an anagram for its meaning: "Knits fits." It's about Justin Chancellor's new clothing line titled: "JC's Borderline fitted knitting."

JOK3R
05-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Stinkfist is an anagram for its meaning: "Knits fits." It's about Justin Chancellor's new clothing line titled: "JC's Borderline fitted knitting."

LOL

JOK3R
05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately, the search engine won't allow me to search for "ET" so I don't know if this is a re-post or not. Friend of mine noticed that Viginiti Tres is an anagram for "ET Visiting." This, of course, fits into a running TOOL theme.

never heard this. very interesting

SeventhSphere
05-21-2006, 11:13 PM

What happened to the "r" ?

DON IOTAE
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
excellent first post..... 23

*lmao*

DON IOTAE
05-21-2006, 11:18 PM

Prime numbers, my friend. Perfect numbers are those who are equal to the sum of their proper divisors, like 6. The proper divisors of 6 are 1, 2,3. 1+2+3=6, so 6 is a "perfect" number, according to the aformentioned definition.

UFOtofu
05-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Prime numbers, my friend. Perfect numbers are those who are equal to the sum of their proper divisors, like 6. The proper divisors of 6 are 1, 2,3. 1+2+3=6, so 6 is a "perfect" number, according to the aformentioned definition.

that's cool. not to mention, 23 is prime on it's own, as are 2 and 3 individually, as well as their sum, being 5, as well as their difference, being 1. so special. but most importantly, "viginti tres" has eleven letters, and I'll needlessly point out that 11 is also prime, and the track number. it's all coming together isn't it?

Grandmasterblakey
05-28-2006, 10:06 AM
that's cool. not to mention, 23 is prime on it's own, as are 2 and 3 individually, as well as their sum, being 5, as well as their difference, being 1. so special. but most importantly, "viginti tres" has eleven letters, and I'll needlessly point out that 11 is also prime, and the track number. it's all coming together isn't it?

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind." ive just started singing that line in my head for some reason :-p

archon
05-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Viginti Tres is latin for 23 there's also a connection to the I Ching if you look you'll see that the 23 Hexagram is that of Splitting Apart and Disintigration.

bobolson
01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
all of your theories make sense here, but i am pretty sure that tool did include something secret into this album, but unlike lateralus or aenima or other songs, they have admitted to doing some messing with the audio or something, i forget where i read it but the producer had finished mastering all of the tracks, and then he let adam jones mess with the tracks and stuff, and they used his "creation" as the final copy, so I can say it is likely there is something hidden in it, if this is it i dont know, but i think there is at least something intentionally put in there, even if its something stupid like a random sound, you cant really argue that they had no idea, as you can for their other albums where they are very vague about including eastereggs and stuff

Inner_Eulogy
01-23-2009, 06:37 AM
all of your theories make sense here, but i am pretty sure that tool did include something secret into this album, but unlike lateralus or aenima or other songs, they have admitted to doing some messing with the audio or something, i forget where i read it but the producer had finished mastering all of the tracks, and then he let adam jones mess with the tracks and stuff, and they used his "creation" as the final copy, so I can say it is likely there is something hidden in it, if this is it i dont know, but i think there is at least something intentionally put in there, even if its something stupid like a random sound, you cant really argue that they had no idea, as you can for their other albums where they are very vague about including eastereggs and stuff

Hey um, just in case you weren't aware, you're responding to a thread that died over 2yrs ago....might wanna keep an eye on that in the future there Poncho

theamazingtool
01-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey um, just in case you weren't aware, you're responding to a thread that died over 2yrs ago....might wanna keep an eye on that in the future there Poncho

its mr olson to you