PDA

View Full Version : Some of the lyrics relating to maynard....

francisb233
05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I be ineterested on you thoughts

Lyrics such as "such a heavy burden now to be the one ect"
and others in 10,000 days , gave me the feeling maynard was talking about him self
What do you think
?????

Espresso
05-15-2006, 02:50 PM
yup, Maynard does that

davelisowski
05-15-2006, 07:10 PM
such a heavy burden now to be the one
Is he stroking his ego with that line, or ripping on all the fans who think mjk is a god?

francisb233
09-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Is he stroking his ego with that line, or ripping on all the fans who think mjk is a god?

I don't think he's ego stoking its just a fact isn't it :)

preciousbookwhore
09-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I be ineterested on you thoughts

Lyrics such as "such a heavy burden now to be the one ect"
and others in 10,000 days , gave me the feeling maynard was talking about him self
What do you think
?????

When taken in context to the rest of the song this burden is proven to be a fitful and cumbersome thing.
Maybe it's a reference to the 2012 thing?

blood_wh0re
09-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Live, the singer pointed at himself while singing those lines.

Which part of himself was he pointing at?
His mask/persona (Maynard) His true self (Jimmy)?
?

Is his personality fragmented or overlapping?
?
Which is preferable?
?
?
?

Phorty
09-26-2006, 09:16 AM

the second.
if RS is about him in some way , it may be a reference to everyone regarding his lyrics as the gospel , looking to them for meaning to life itself , knowing that in this age (its unfortunate) but musicians and artists influence the majority much more than statistics, facts or benevolent politicians [sic] do.

whether its maynard or his alter-ego/persona it doesn’t matter , its the voice you hear when you listen to the CD or experience them in concert that spreads the message(s) , so in turn its irrelevant.

and as for the 2012 thing , please, please, forget about it.

MORNING_GLORY
09-26-2006, 03:32 PM

forget what? it hasnt happened yet!

preciousbookwhore
09-26-2006, 04:47 PM
the second.
if RS is about him in some way , it may be a reference to everyone regarding his lyrics as the gospel , looking to them for meaning to life itself , knowing that in this age (its unfortunate) but musicians and artists influence the majority much more than statistics, facts or benevolent politicians [sic] do.

whether its maynard or his alter-ego/persona it doesn’t matter , its the voice you hear when you listen to the CD or experience them in concert that spreads the message(s) , so in turn its irrelevant.

I was sick and running a lowgrade fever.
Honestly, anything I posted this weekend should be put under the context of: SICK DON'T TAKE SERIOUSLY.