PDA

View Full Version : I've tried...

selfimportanttoolfan
05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I've really tried to get into this song. Everyone loves it and blah blah. But it does absolutely nothing for me. It might even be one of my least favorite Tool songs. What about it appeals to you guys?

WitlessLiar
05-15-2006, 11:33 AM
I've really tried to get into this song. Everyone loves it and blah blah. But it does absolutely nothing for me. It might even be one of my least favorite Tool songs. What about it appeals to you guys?
Same but it's getting a lot better. The time in between my first and second listens was 2 weeks. Now I listen to it regularly because it keeps improving.

Still not to the same liking as other Tool songs though

M.Luther
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Same but it's getting a lot better. The time in between my first and second listens was 2 weeks. Now I listen to it regularly because it keeps improving.

Still not to the same liking as other Tool songs though

it's odd how some songs work, this track stood out for me after the first listen.

spark
05-15-2006, 12:08 PM
I like the part of Rosetta Stoned when MJK comes in and sings.."overwhelmed one might be, placed in my position--such a heavy burden out to be the one"
This is the climax of this song and I'm lovin' it!

foursixandtwo
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Absolutely nothing. I try and try..but I cant get into it either.

cureformax
05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I like the part of Rosetta Stoned when MJK comes in and sings.."overwhelmed one might be, placed in my position--such a heavy burden out to be the one"
This is the climax of this song and I'm lovin' it!

Agreed; great part. Also like the jam with Danny on the various toms/tablas (sounds exactly like H).

The lyrics are interesting: some stoner gets chosen to be a Christ-like figure and forgets his pen. Humorous?

paraflux
05-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Very humorous, as well as pointing to things they have already told us, in the form of a fragmented dream by the narrator.

s62
05-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Why are you guys concerned about posting whole topics about the fact that you can't get into a song. This is like a fucking self-important blog (lol@selfimportanttoolfan). Some songs you'll like, others you won't. Welcome to music. You'll either grow to like it for your own reasons, or you won't.
btw, I really like this song a lot. One of my fav's...

selfimportanttoolfan
05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Why are you guys concerned about posting whole topics about the fact that you can't get into a song. This is like a fucking self-important blog (lol@selfimportanttoolfan). Some songs you'll like, others you won't. Welcome to music. You'll either grow to like it for your own reasons, or you won't.

you act like "posting whole topis" is a ridiculously difficult task. (lolzlzolz@s62ahahahha). i was asking what about the song appealed to people, so maybe i could focus on a little more on a section or something.

so, why don't you kiss the fat end of my dick. fuckin moron.

AlphaGeek
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM

Wow how incredibly unconstructive. Some posts you'll like, some you won't. Welcome to a public forum. blah blah blah. Maybe you should go contemplate the lyrics to "The Pot".

Anyway. This is the one song that really jumped out at me. Oddly, I can't seem to get into Vicarious for some reason and everyone else likes it. Go figure. I will give s62 props here though though, because he's right, you will either grow to like it or you wont :)

MisterMudd
05-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Different Strokes for Different Folks

Goodwin
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I feel the same way about Right in Two. Just doesn't get to me.