PDA

View Full Version : Things more annoying than getting 10,000 Days in and out of its case:

Spiegel
05-15-2006, 10:28 AM
1. Blair
2. All of the Tool fans who talk about "unlocking" some brilliant, secret message that is so sacred that Tool needs to hide it in their music, because Maynard et al have talked to God and have secret messages that only they know and wish to tell you through their music.

Additions welcome.

Paradigm619
05-15-2006, 10:32 AM
3. People posting their opinion as to whether they like 10,000 Days or not like it's some new and enlightening post that we haven't already heard 4,000 times.

Ultimatebdp
05-15-2006, 10:34 AM
4. The "Hoax theory" has to be right up there as well.

slamminsalmon
05-15-2006, 10:40 AM
4. The "Hoax theory" has to be right up there as well.

wut do you mean 10,000 is a hoax lol

jk

5. Burger King

they never get my order right

paraflux
05-15-2006, 10:41 AM
People who sign up to bitch and moan, etc.

Styx
05-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Best thread I've seen here so far.

I'm going to just rip the CD case up so I don't have to worry about doing it accidentally in the future. It really is a pain.

Suntorn
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I can't stand it the way people think they know what someone (MJK and other vocalist and lyricist) is saying. When it comes to lyrics, we can all interrupt them anyway we choose. Some people take it on another level that doesn’t need to be explored!!

Windir
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I put my CD (and the rest of my Tool and Tool related stuff) in a special Tool CD Protection Map thingy. This is beyond easy.

s ti N Kfizt
05-15-2006, 10:55 AM
watching Dr. Phil from TV.

blair's man sausage
05-15-2006, 11:01 AM
having to work the next 2 days while anticipating my philly and nyc trip...i'm even more worthless at work than normal

slamminsalmon
05-15-2006, 11:06 AM
I put my CD (and the rest of my Tool and Tool related stuff) in a special Tool CD Protection Map thingy. This is beyond easy.

yeah my album case has been empty since may 2nd roughly 11 am. since then its been in the cd changer, with the rest of the tool albums

jstar0492
05-15-2006, 11:12 AM
When it comes to lyrics, we can all interrupt them anyway we choose.

I tend to interrupt them by pushing the 'STOP' button on the CD player or by farting. You can also unplug the thing, but you are right, there are a number of ways to interrupt lyrics.

Bloody
05-15-2006, 11:16 AM
5. Burger King

I KNOW!!! Have it your way my ass!!!

happydipshit
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I KNOW!!! Have it your way my ass!!!

glad to see that some things are just the same around the globe....

order 5
get 2!

slamminsalmon
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
last night i orderd a bacon double cheeseburger plain with just ketchup. i got no bacon no cheese and tomatos

HallsOfMandos
05-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Trying to logically argue points that are SUBJECTIVE.

tDoXoMl
05-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Trying to logically argue points that are SUBJECTIVE.

Quote of the week.

Well, kinda...

MentalSanityOff
05-15-2006, 01:04 PM
A runny cleveland steamer

4degrees_under_fire
05-15-2006, 01:59 PM
People who DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEBATE!!

Gawd... I've been here for a week and a half and I've already come across someone who doesn't know how to back up what they're trying to say. Sad, eh?

blkmetal
05-15-2006, 02:04 PM
5. Burger King

Especially in the drive through! They always screw you over in the drive through!

Jayar
05-15-2006, 02:44 PM
When you're taking a shit and toilet water gets plastered all over your ass.

BSUfanatic
05-15-2006, 03:18 PM
People who have a scrotum as their avatar, have "beating off" in their sig, and reference shit, toilet water, and their ass all in one post.:P

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I tend to interrupt them by pushing the 'STOP' button on the CD player or by farting. You can also unplug the thing, but you are right, there are a number of ways to interrupt lyrics.

I prefer to just open my CD player or take out the batteries, but that's my personal style of interruption.

HallsOfMandos
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM
People who DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEBATE!!

How can you debate a subjective experience?

ME: I heard song x and it meant this to me....

Random_TDN_Fanboy: No, it didn't, it means this...

ME: To you, perhaps.

Random_TDN_Fanboy: You're an asshat and obviously don't understand Tool or their art.

ME: (speechless)

cjbarker02
05-15-2006, 05:59 PM
paying $300 for a concert in philly from person in Arizona

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 08:09 PM
How powerbars cost $1.50 at my school, yet you can buy three bags of chips fo the same price.

slamminsalmon
05-15-2006, 08:47 PM
How powerbars cost $1.50 at my school, yet you can buy three bags of chips fo the same price.

yeah the health food store here is 3 times the cost of the food at shaws or walmart.

also

you buy a printer, but you still have to buy the USB cord

remote controls for electronics, never make sense

speed limit is 65 max, but there are cars that go 200

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
speed limit is 65 max, but there are cars that go 200

You know, I've honestly always wonderred about that too.

MisterMudd
05-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Referring to people as "noobs", seniority has no meaning in a forum.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Getting in internet fights with people you don't know.

slamminsalmon
05-15-2006, 09:45 PM
the fact coke released a soda named vault and its clearly the same soda they had out a few years back called surge. any one else realize this?

"Vault (also VAULT) is a carbonated beverage that was released by The Coca-Cola Company in June 2005. Coca-Cola is marketing Vault as a hybrid with the slogan "Drinks like a Soda, Kicks like an Energy Drink," as well as "The Taste. The Quench. The Kick." and "Get to It." It is a citrus flavored beverage that contains many of the same ingredients as the Coca-Cola beverage SURGE, which was discontinued in 2002. Due to Vault's similarity to SURGE, representatives of Coca-Cola have given some credit for the release of Vault to SaveSURGE.org, a website community dedicated to bringing SURGE back to store shelves. ...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vault_%28soft_drink%29

http://www.savesurge.org/surge/index.shtml

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 09:47 PM
By God you're right!

Chuck_Of_Wah
05-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Having someone offer to make you a sandwich and ask you what you want in it, and then getting the proportions/order of ingredients all wrong. And then THEY feel bad, and get sad, but YOU'RE the one left with the empty stomach and the guilty conscience!

That is annoying.

"I said mayo, 1 slice of ham, lettuce, ketchup, 2 slices of cheese, mayo again , and herbs, and it has to be in that order and nothing hanging out from the border of the bun or else I can't eat the damn thing."

:D

DRoehl
05-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Having someone offer to make you a sandwich and ask you what you want in it, and then getting the proportions/order of ingredients all wrong. And then THEY feel bad, and get sad, but YOU'RE the one left with the empty stomach and the guilty conscience!

That is annoying.

"I said mayo, 1 slice of ham, lettuce, ketchup, 2 slices of cheese, mayo again , and herbs, and it has to be in that order and nothing hanging out from the border of the bun or else I can't eat the damn thing."

:D

people how are lucky enough to have someone make them a sandwich... then they end up being a dick about the whole thing and don't appreciate the effort that someone went through to please them. what an ass.

also add Sex and the City to the list

as well as Will and Grace

and on a serious note...

people who impose their religious views upon others... not have a debate but more or less try to convert you on the spot...(FUCK OFF AND DIE) i hate that shit

and evangelicals with thier signs and mega phones telling me I am going to hell

Chuck_Of_Wah
05-16-2006, 06:11 AM
people how are lucky enough to have someone make them a sandwich... then they end up being a dick about the whole thing and don't appreciate the effort that someone went through to please them. what an ass.

and on a serious note...

people who impose their religious views upon others... not have a debate but more or less try to convert you on the spot...(FUCK OFF AND DIE) i hate that shit

The thing is, I DO appreciate the effort, and you really need to read between the lines. The fact of admitting my occasionally pedantic nature and presenting it here is a form of self-criticism.

The smiley (not even a normal smiley, but a grinning wide smiley, mind you) at the end of the post implied I was being ironic. Clearly too much for some to comprehend.

"We want our thumbs!"

Grow up, buddy. Words of advice: Be more distanced.

jsn
05-16-2006, 07:14 AM

you ARE going to hell. ha! ha!

MisterMudd
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
you ARE going to hell. ha! ha!

I am pretty sure that Hell is just as fun as the path that gets you there...

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM

and on a serious note...

Ya dude it s sandwiches. don't get so excited.

HallsOfMandos
05-16-2006, 03:29 PM
I am pretty sure that Hell is just as fun as the path that gets you there...

Yes, you can always look forward to surfing with bill on the lake of fire

halcyon1234
05-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Excess noise.

halcyon1234
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Excess noise.

Arg... and accidently hitting the reply button before you're done posting, and then forgetting what you were posting about by the time you realize what you've done.

Next.

Attila
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
1. Blair
2. All of the Tool fans who talk about "unlocking" some brilliant, secret message that is so sacred that Tool needs to hide it in their music, because Maynard et al have talked to God and have secret messages that only they know and wish to tell you through their music.

Additions welcome.
# 2 is well said.

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
In what?

DRoehl
05-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Ya dude it s sandwiches. don't get so excited.
damn.. yall are freking out! I was totally just fucking around in the initial post about the sandwiches.... not about the other shit though.. I wanted to saturate the intitial ironic/humorous post with some more funny layered on there like a 7-layer mexican bean dip searved with lime hinted chips and a 12 pack of corona. and some of that sidways mexican pussy... you guys know what I am talking about... its sideways man...think about it

Windir
05-17-2006, 06:35 AM
People that keep saying Viginity Tres + Wings = 10,000 Days (Wings Pt.2)

BSUfanatic
05-19-2006, 08:00 PM
^^True.

bodhidharma
05-20-2006, 12:36 AM
evangelicals with thier signs and mega phones telling me I am going to hell

People who get upset when someone tells them the're going to hell, because they know that if hell is real, they will be going there.

bodhidharma
05-20-2006, 12:37 AM
the fact coke released a soda named vault and its clearly the same soda they had out a few years back called surge. any one else realize this?

"Vault (also VAULT) is a carbonated beverage that was released by The Coca-Cola Company in June 2005. Coca-Cola is marketing Vault as a hybrid with the slogan "Drinks like a Soda, Kicks like an Energy Drink," as well as "The Taste. The Quench. The Kick." and "Get to It." It is a citrus flavored beverage that contains many of the same ingredients as the Coca-Cola beverage SURGE, which was discontinued in 2002. Due to Vault's similarity to SURGE, representatives of Coca-Cola have given some credit for the release of Vault to SaveSURGE.org, a website community dedicated to bringing SURGE back to store shelves. ...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vault_%28soft_drink%29

http://www.savesurge.org/surge/index.shtml

HOLY SHIT!

split_the_sky
05-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Getting in internet fights with people you don't know.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special people's olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

split_the_sky
05-21-2006, 04:41 AM
People who do not understand that music is a art form or supposed to be. Art is expression. How do you express yourself with bleeps and a woman repeating the same thing about player hating over and over...

I don't just mean people who like "music" which is pointless and un-intelligent but also the kind of people who said to me "yeah I got the new Tool album and its pretty cool. 3rd and 4th track and shit though but I liked some songs".