PDA

View Full Version : The Song I Wanted To Write

eleven_waiting
05-15-2006, 03:46 AM
WOW and FUCK all at once!

I've been trying to find the words to convey this exact mesasge.

I believe that this song is set in heaven just before the temptation of Eve in the garden.

The speaker is Lucifer, the angel of enlightenment.

He's watching this total free and highly blessed being do the wrong thing. He's watching them be animals. He has to do something about it. He must teach them about One! He must make us aware of the Two that we are.

He comes down and temps Eve with the fruit to give her knowledge, and the domnio starts. They learn of Good and Evil, the untimate duality.

The enlightenment from the fruit was not a disservice to us, but rather than a gentle nudge in the right direction to set us upon the path of refinement and evolution.

Through the knowledge of what two is and the pain of being two is how we live our lives and it teaches us to evolve into one.

Take this line....

Don’t these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it
Right in two

What this is saying is that we are dividing into two and as two there is not enough to have, but as ONE there is enough. So Lucifer comes and gets us to eat the fruit and learn what two is, and as we learn all of the implications we are to evolve back into one.

WOW, this is like the song I've been wanting to write....

haloocyn
05-15-2006, 04:25 AM
hiya... well this relates directly to the modern luciferianism i suppose...

(source - wikipedia)
'...The name Lucifer is commonly tied to the biblical Satan. However, the name Lucifer does not appear in the New International Version of the Bible. Lucifer does appear once in the King James version in Isaiah 14:12, in which it is referenced as the son of the morning. This is because Lucifer was originally the Roman term for the planet Venus, also known as the morning star. There is no direct link in the Bible between the entity known as "Satan" and the entity known as "Lucifer."

It is also considered by some modern Luciferians that Lucifer is the name of an alien entity, or race of entities, that exists outside of our awareness and that also genetically manipulated early primates thereby creating the human being.'

The last part is as well clearing a bit the Roseta Stone ... which can be a 'trip' of a troubled 'luciferian'

Are those guys luciferians?

Sasha
05-15-2006, 06:28 AM
It is also considered by some modern Luciferians that Lucifer is the name of an alien entity, or race of entities, that exists outside of our awareness and that also genetically manipulated early primates thereby creating the human being.'
As in the The Lucifer Rebellion?

SunBurN
05-15-2006, 11:17 AM
hiya... well this relates directly to the modern luciferianism i suppose...

(source - wikipedia)
'...The name Lucifer is commonly tied to the biblical Satan. However, the name Lucifer does not appear in the New International Version of the Bible. Lucifer does appear once in the King James version in Isaiah 14:12, in which it is referenced as the son of the morning. This is because Lucifer was originally the Roman term for the planet Venus, also known as the morning star. There is no direct link in the Bible between the entity known as "Satan" and the entity known as "Lucifer."

The last part is as well clearing a bit the Roseta Stone ... which can be a 'trip' of a troubled 'luciferian'

Are those guys luciferians?

I've never heard of "luciferians" or this whole theory. Where did you get this information?

haloocyn
05-16-2006, 01:40 AM
i suck it from my finger... it is interesting to look at the songs from the diferent persperctives but this is not the right one... but this stuff about lucifer is interesting isnt it?

wags
05-16-2006, 07:12 AM
yeah, i wouldn't read too far into the idea of lucifer on this track. it makes a lot more sense for the 'angels' in the song to be closer to the typical christian version of angels. 'eden' refers not to the original garden, but the plot of creation (earth) we were given to take care of. and so far we're doing a bang up job.

eleven_waiting
05-16-2006, 04:04 PM
The problem is that you are looking at this song from the LITERAL points of veiw, try studying some heretical points of veiw in stead of trying to 'think' like a modern christian, try to think like a Gnostic or Christian Kabalist. A heretic.

moneyisevil
05-16-2006, 04:31 PM
its all about monkeys killing monkeys

eleven_waiting
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
No it's about monkeys killing monkeys.

What I mean by 'LITERAL points of veiw' probably could have been conveyed in a better manor.

When you think Lucifer or Satan you ran to and got yourself the concensus definition and tryed to apply that to what I was saying and the song.

I'm saying try to look at it from a NOT-SO-POPULAR point of veiw. Like one person mentioned Luciferian. I am a Luciferian myself, but only by loose definition.

LEARN.2.SWiM
05-18-2006, 11:43 AM
when maynard writes genious lyrics like this, and comes up with brilliant ideas for songs, it really makes me jealous as a song writer that I didnt think of this first, lol, although I am not a very religous man and follow it very well, I still find the song very interesting.

eleven_waiting
05-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I was just discussing with my wife how I would fit as the main charcter from the song Vicarious I used to actually sit and think about writing a song from the point of view of someone who knows all about the trial and tribulations of life but only because they're a bookworm or a couch potato.