PDA

View Full Version : Is this song underrated?

WTFmate
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
From gathering information through various people, Ticks and Leeches seems to be everyones low point in the album besides the segues. I must disagree. Ticks and Leeches is in my top 3 favorite songs on the album along with The Grudge and Parabol/Parabola. Does anybody else feel this way about this song?

Friamannen
05-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I certainly think it's one of the best songs on the album. Wonderfully composed, lots of music segments seamlessly combined into a smashing whole. Great song. It's got like... a cool anger feel to it :)

koobcam
05-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Does anyone have a video of ticks and leeches live?

5th Eye
05-22-2006, 06:14 AM
I do. It's not that great, Maynard's vocals sound terrible because of the effects.

Friamannen
05-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Yep, I've got the same one. Everything but his vocals (in certain moments) rock like hell though. It's amazing that the bootlegs impress me that much with their sound quality. The sound live must be just off the charts...

M.Luther
05-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Does anyone have a video of ticks and leeches live?
good question i'm curious about that too, and will look for an mp3. if i find one ill let you know.

koobcam
05-22-2006, 08:10 AM
That would be great! Thank you! I am seeing TooL for the second time this June, saw them last at Ozzfest in england in 2002 - did anyone else go? I can't remember the setlist...

Anyway, my msn is [email protected]

Thanks a lot. I found the video on 'youtube' but it's no good unless you can view it off the internet really. Cheers dudes.

Friamannen
05-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Is spreading of bootlegs legal? Is it categorized as pirated material in that sense?

koobcam
05-25-2006, 03:23 AM
:( Surely it's not illegal. It would be dumb if it was. Anyway, I am in england, so I am sure it isnt. So if someone had it on an ftp for private reasons and lost the password... etc

Anyway, it's not like I dont own all the albums and salival etc etc.... I want ticks and leeches live on my ipod. I can't remember 2002 that well!!!

Friamannen
05-25-2006, 04:15 AM
I've got Ticks and Leeches live, although its in video format. The vocals sound like shit, but everything else is really good.

Luosdasa
05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeh, the live version iv heard of it is shit house.

And as too the sdong being underated... everyone who doesnt like this song goes officially to my heabutt list... sign up now

duncang
06-02-2006, 02:49 PM
saw them last at Ozzfest in england in 2002 - did anyone else go? I can't remember the setlist...

Ozzfest is a US tour.

:S

As for T&L, I don't listen to it as much as the rest of Lateralus, but the song I ignore the most is Triad. I never really liked it. Way too repetitive.

begmetostay
06-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Ozzfest is a US tour.

:S

As for T&L, I don't listen to it as much as the rest of Lateralus, but the song I ignore the most is Triad. I never really liked it. Way too repetitive.

Ozzfest goes out of the US all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozzfest

On topic: I'm really liking ticks and leeches for the first time right now.

BlanketEffect
06-22-2006, 10:08 PM
There's not a bad song on Lateralus. Ticks & Leeches notwithstanding. Every song is equally great in some aspect or another. Goddamn masterpiece, that album.

Symbia
06-23-2006, 04:50 PM
ticks and leeches would be awesome if half the song wasn't all quiet hah

thomasknight
06-23-2006, 06:10 PM
T&L is good because it's abreak from the rest of the album. The only obviously negative track

BlanketEffect
06-23-2006, 09:47 PM
And even then it's a matter of how you look at it as to whether it's 'negative' or not. You could look at it from the standpoint of him basically saying "I'm stronger than your bullshit, choke on it. I'm above you."

Angry? Absolutely. Negative? I'm not so sure.

thomasknight
06-25-2006, 05:46 AM
And even then it's a matter of how you look at it as to whether it's 'negative' or not. You could look at it from the standpoint of him basically saying "I'm stronger than your bullshit, choke on it. I'm above you."

Angry? Absolutely. Negative? I'm not so sure.

point taken, but compared to the rest

on the other songs i'd like to think he's above worrying what others do

IMO

BlanketEffect
06-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Well sure... but it's what others do to *him*. If someone uses you and drains you on a constant basis you might get a little bitter... as close to enlightenment as you may be.

Either way, fucking incredible song.

macfreak
06-25-2006, 10:42 AM
i dont like this song...that gap in the middle of it is pointless

bwh27
06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I used to skip this song but it's really grown on me. I reapproached it from the perspective of appreciating danny carey's incredible drumming. Keenan has an inspired performance but IMO danny really carries the song.