PDA

View Full Version : Just an interesting snippet...

FloydTheCat
05-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Hello everyone at Toolshed....

this is my first post, i thought i shouldnt waste it on something like "hi"

i have read how many people believe this song to be about a drug experience. given the intro of Lost Keys, i cannot say my feelings differ....

i thought i would mention, the title Rosetta Stoned...

there is a strain of Marijuana called "Rosetta Stone"....

this may have nothing to do with the title of the song, but i found it interesting, and i havent seen anyone post this on Toolshed, i apologize if the topics been brought up previously...

-FloydTheCat

M.Luther
05-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Hell

this may have nothing to do with the title of the song, but i found it interesting, and i havent seen anyone post this on Toolshed, i apologize if the topics been brought up previously...

-FloydTheCat

Is this the dutch seed name?

FloydTheCat
05-13-2006, 10:24 PM
i would not doubt thats where the strain originated....

Rosetta Stone has been crossed with several other strains and is more widespread now....

research i have not done would yield the exact answer to your question tho...

-FloydTheCat

M.Luther
05-13-2006, 10:36 PM
i would not doubt thats where the strain originated....

Rosetta Stone has been crossed with several other strains and is more widespread now....

research i have not done would yield the exact answer to your question tho...

-FloydTheCat

too bad OG is dead.
anyways at first i figured it was a local name for some home grown from your city, but i checked it out and it is a dutch strain.
I dont know if it's related to this song though....it has more of a psychedelic vibe to it.

http://www.drchronic.com/images/spice-Green-Giant-x-Rosetta.jpg

eleven_waiting
05-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Hello everyone at Toolshed....

this is my first post, i thought i shouldnt waste it on something like "hi"

i have read how many people believe this song to be about a drug experience. given the intro of Lost Keys, i cannot say my feelings differ....

i thought i would mention, the title Rosetta Stoned...

-FloydTheCat

Before I start I want to say that I do not look for the finite meaning in a song, I search for the personal meaning. What it means to me. Anything I may suggest about a songs meaning is born of my own experiance, prespective of reality, and knowledge.

I sort of agree with the drug connection, but my rational is a bit different. Look at this passage starting at 9:16 in the song

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sun kissed Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

Pay close attention to the "Sun Kissed Sudafed"

Call me a (T)weaker but this seems like a metaphor discribing Methamphetamine. In the manufacturing process, where the main ingrediant is Sudafed's active ingrediant, there is a point when the chemical changes and it takes on an oily texture and a sunburst color. This is the pint that the chemical is technicaly Methamphetamine but not completely reduced.

The song, to me, is about someone being blessed with an epiphany. I mean that it just hits them completely from nowhere and very intensely. They are having trouble understanding it because of the drug/meth. The experiance and change is difficult to interpret to them and they are running around in thier head trying to figure it out just babbling everything that pops up.

A self-centered mindset (common trait of a drug user) has created this 'chosen one' idea in their mind because what they have seems so special new and valuable to them. When in reality, it's not that special because everyone would come to this same point just a little less dramaticaly because thier minds aren't self-centered and chemicaly altared.

The imagined chain of events has lead them to seek medical attention and blah blah blah.....

I see it this way because the same thing happened to me on Meth.

I was the chosen one...Jesus...sent to deliever everyone!

LOL

Good times.

FloydTheCat
05-13-2006, 11:02 PM
thanks for all the quick replies! wow!

i too seek for what each song means to me personally, but that doesnt mean i wont try to throw info out for others to help them on finding meaning for themselves :)

in my opinion, this song does, as M.Luther said, have more of a psychadelic vibe to it...

the feeling of the song does not, to me, relate to a MJ experience.....

maybe it was pointless for me to make the thread, i just found it to be an interesting connection, seeing as how myself and many others see a drug connection with the song...

-FloydTheCat

eleven_waiting
12-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Before I start I want to say that I do not look for the finite meaning in a song, I search for the personal meaning. What it means to me. Anything I may suggest about a songs meaning is born of my own experiance, prespective of reality, and knowledge.

I sort of agree with the drug connection, but my rational is a bit different. Look at this passage starting at 9:16 in the song

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sun kissed Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

Pay close attention to the "Sun Kissed Sudafed"

Call me a (T)weaker but this seems like a metaphor describing Methamphetamine. In the manufacturing process, where the main ingredient is Sudafed's active ingredient, there is a point when the chemical changes and it takes on an oily texture and a sunburst color. This is the pint that the chemical is technically Methamphetamine but not completely reduced.

The song, to me, is about someone being blessed with an epiphany. I mean that it just hits them completely from nowhere and very intensely. They are having trouble understanding it because of the drug/meth. The experiance and change is difficult to interpret to them and they are running around in thier head trying to figure it out just babbling everything that pops up.

A self-centered mindset (common trait of a drug user) has created this 'chosen one' idea in their mind because what they have seems so special new and valuable to them. When in reality, it's not that special because everyone would come to this same point just a little less dramatically because their minds aren't self-centered and chemically altered.

The imagined chain of events has lead them to seek medical attention and blah blah blah.....

I see it this way because the same thing happened to me on Meth.

I was the chosen one...Jesus...sent to deliever everyone!

LOL

Good times.

All I have to say is damn...I was right.

LOL