PDA

View Full Version : Desert Buttons...

psilomind
04-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Well, its a popular interpretation that Third Eye is about drugs, and I've just noticed another piece of information that kind of supports this...

When Maynard says "phosphourescent desert buttons", could he be referring to peyote? Its a very valid possibility...

jpmanson
04-05-2003, 05:36 PM
read "the teachings of don juan" by carlos castaneda, that whole verse will make sense after that..

spiralion
04-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by jpmanson
read "the teachings of don juan" by carlos castaneda, that whole verse will make sense after that.. Great great book

sircorn
04-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jpmanson
read "the teachings of don juan" by carlos castaneda, that whole verse will make sense after that..

never read it, please elaborate.

jpmanson
04-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by sircorn
never read it, please elaborate.

no.. im horrible at elaborating.. id screw it up somehow.. but there is all sorts of stuff about peyote, and the religion around it..

sircorn
05-06-2003, 07:33 PM
i mean i might be intersted in reading the book, just tell me what the fook your talking about. A religion that revolves around mexican 'shrooms is all i got now.

jpmanson
05-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by sircorn
i mean i might be intersted in reading the book, just tell me what the fook your talking about. A religion that revolves around mexican 'shrooms is all i got now.

its about sorcery.. in the book a shaman teaches this guy how to turn into a crow, among other things related to this verse..

CrayonOfDoom
03-12-2004, 12:29 PM
This is EXACTLY what i believe that line is about. It would be hard for me to consider any other possiblity, as i have done that already, and found this to be the best, I mean, it goes with the theme: drugs, opening the third eye.

I haven't thought about this song in a while, and this thread got me thinking again, so i went back and checked an old post on some dumb forum i found a long time ago, and decided i'd give you the link here:

http://www.sorabji.com/strangle/messages/364/8182.html?TuesdayJanuary2720040635pm

anyways check it out, yeah my opinions about the song have changed as of late, but for the most part, well what's important anyways, it's still the same.

rebaths
03-18-2004, 05:58 PM
I concur with you about the desert buttons :)

africanherbsman
05-21-2004, 02:43 AM
I just finished with the teachings of don juan. It was a good book, however, it isn't a good endorsement for peyote. I don't think I'll try peyote, at least not for a long time. Seems tedious based n Carlos Castaneda's account. I don't think I'm ready for such a potent substance.