spacegrass1986
05-14-2006, 03:32 PM
as in the ex apc bassist??

Loveboat Captain
05-14-2006, 03:38 PM
You think they're holding her captive?!

Black Rabbit
05-14-2006, 03:49 PM
You think they're holding her captive?! lol I think Billy Corgan has her locked up somewhere

Loveboat Captain
05-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Imagine having Billy Corgan lock you up. You'd truly shit the bed.

Black Rabbit
05-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Imagine having Billy Corgan lock you up. You'd truly shit the bed. Isaw her in the 13th step credits so he must have let her go

Loveboat Captain
05-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Could be the guys from QOTSA, around the same time they abducted Troy.

Rezbit
05-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Wow.

JOK3R
05-15-2006, 03:15 AM
let me think... um... no
agreed

helix templ
05-15-2006, 04:55 AM
not saying that ii believed what i heard was true, but how can be so sure that maynard didnt intentionally blur some words so that they sound like they could be other words *at the same time*?

one thing though i did forget to specify that the following two sounds i wasn't considering as having to make logical sense except insofar as the general context of the song goes.

it's fertile now, someone dies
as if to impersonate the attitude that just like in rome, people have a primal blood lust that seems to norish something. although some forms are moren oble than other more decadent nihilistic ones . . . ????

we wont give (peace in latin) until the blood is flowing
peace and pause seem interchangeable or at leas trelated to some extent as far as eye can see here . . .

and on another occasion sounds like he's saying

unchill, the blood is flowing . . .
as if to say, when the blood warms, it starts flowing. and in a collective sense tha tmeans a time of upheaval, as life begins to move again through once deadened paths. sometimes war is necessary in such a regard.

war seems to coincide with new developments.

*maybe*

p.s. i dont believe any of this is true.

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 06:54 PM
actually paz isnt latin, its PAX, PACIS, M.

bluefire
05-15-2006, 07:13 PM
you mean like pez dispensers? I won't give mine away until the blood is flowing, thats for sure.

jcapper
05-15-2006, 08:02 PM
It's "give pause" Einstein, quit overanalyzing.

randomhero8823
05-15-2006, 08:03 PM
its pronounced "paws"

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 08:16 PM
what a coincidence, that the same way pause sounds! I think the OP just couldn't think of the word pause.

Black Rabbit
05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
what a coincidence, that the same way pause sounds! I think the OP just couldn't think of the word pause. We won't clip our paws until the blood is flowin

blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I think you should stop posting until you come down.

Happyfunball
05-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Maybe 'pause' is a somewhat obscure and/or esoteric reference to female genetilia. The song takes on an all-together different meaning now.

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Like menopause?

Muladhara
05-18-2006, 02:44 AM
I knew this was going to end up with talk about periods.

I agree with this theory.

ex omnis humillimus tacit
05-18-2006, 07:14 AM
not saying that ii believed what i heard was true, but how can be so sure that maynard didnt intentionally blur some words so that they sound like they could be other words *at the same time*?

one thing though i did forget to specify that the following two sounds i wasn't considering as having to make logical sense except insofar as the general context of the song goes.

it's fertile now, someone dies
as if to impersonate the attitude that just like in rome, people have a primal blood lust that seems to norish something. although some forms are moren oble than other more decadent nihilistic ones . . . ????

we wont give (peace in latin) until the blood is flowing
peace and pause seem interchangeable or at leas trelated to some extent as far as eye can see here . . .

and on another occasion sounds like he's saying

unchill, the blood is flowing . . .
as if to say, when the blood warms, it starts flowing. and in a collective sense tha tmeans a time of upheaval, as life begins to move again through once deadened paths. sometimes war is necessary in such a regard.

war seems to coincide with new developments.

*maybe*

p.s. i dont believe any of this is true.

Hmmm, seems unlikely, I guess because the Latin word for peace is "pax" and I don't hear any "x" sound in that lyric. But maybe I misinterpreted what you are saying... are you suggesting that he is really using the Latin word for peace, or just the concept of a Roman peace? Or should I shut up?

Since we have no official lyrics to go off of I suppose the possibilities in these lyrics are endless and could easily sound like other words, as you have suggested.

P.S. If Maynard is using "pax" correctly within the confines of Latin grammar, it really should be "pacem" -- but I really don't think there are 2 syllables there. Now I'm done.

HolyReality
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
"we won't give pause until the blood is flowin' "

that's all there is to it.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-18-2006, 08:09 AM
"its no fun till someone dies" we wont give pause until the blood is flowing. Maybe its developing on stinkfist, we're no longer just numbed by constant exposure to shocking things but now we need to see it more and more! "i dont want it, I just need it to feel, to know i'm alive" themes seem to be the same jsut in different context

Choice Breath
05-18-2006, 08:22 AM
I don't think it is far fetched at all to think that Maynard would intentionally sing a particular word with an ambiguous articulation to allow for possible multiple meanings. In the particular instance of the "we won't give pause" line, it is logical and in keeping with the meaning most attribute to Vicarious (the song) to say "we won't give pax (peace) until the blood is flowing" because that would mean that we wait until the damage is done and then take action to create peace. That's usually what we do, huh? That is, if you take a look at the police, they are generally a clean-up crew and after the fact sort of outfit. And we, as Americans, usually don't do anything about anything until it is too late. Of course, it is also a little out of line with the song because it implies that we would take action to create peace despite enjoying the death and destruction.

On the other hand, I also believe that a hearing test wouldn't be all that expensive. Just kidding with you.