PDA

View Full Version : Don't leave the CD case/package in your car!

Jim
05-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Keep your 10,000 Days case out of your car...
Today I noticed that my CD case was fucked up, obviously from South Florida heat. Its been in my car for a couple days at least and the glue that holds the flap that houses the lenses gave way. My lenses kinda shifted out of place. I'm sure it would have been much worse had I not noticed when I did. Keep 10,000 Days at room temperature. Do not freeze or refrigerate.
-JIM-

sharanya
05-12-2006, 07:48 PM
oh dear... mine's been in my car since i bought it.

teleincision
05-13-2006, 07:07 AM
well, mine has came off at least three times, just hot glue it back? i havent tried this yet though.

fugitive538
05-13-2006, 07:37 AM
oh dear, mine is in the frigde since i bought it.
...you say i should get it out?:)

K In Yo Mouf
05-13-2006, 08:13 AM
That Happenz 2 Any Album Really...

If u Leave It in the Window or Somethin Especially...

Windir
05-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Well, since you allready fuckd this copy up, keep it in your car and keep track of the happenings. Then go drive to the record store and buy a new one... best thing for you to do, really.

Loveboat Captain
05-13-2006, 08:27 AM
same thing happened to mine.

The English Language
05-13-2006, 10:31 PM
That Happenz 2 Any Album Really...

If u Leave It in the Window or Somethin Especially...

I felt a disturbance in the force, as though a million words cried out in fear, and were suddenly silenced...

Alistair_Carson
05-13-2006, 10:34 PM
oh dear, mine is in the frigde since i bought it.
...you say i should get it out?:)

It depends on how cold your fridge is. You probably should defrost it just to be safe.

ladycommish
05-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Mine's been on my table since I bought it...same thing happened to me. And my table is not in direct sunlight ot heat or refrigeration. Damn thing just unglued itself.

HateSolstice
05-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Well, I suppose since mine has been in the blast furnace for the last few days, it's in bad shape. Unless it is somehow flame repelant.

SomethingSpecial
05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
THANK FUCKING GOD. THe same thing is happening to mine, it is so fucking frustrating. THinking of using crazy glue. Any objections
/?

JOK3R
05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
whats wrong with freezing or refridgerating it?

Black Rabbit
05-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I think it would be especially tragic if you left the album in your car on a sunny day, and somehow the lenses caught the sunlight just right and focused it into a concentrated beam, much like a magnifying glass, thus causing your car to catch on fire and explode.

milair47
05-14-2006, 07:20 PM
whats wrong with freezing or refridgerating it?

they prob. used a cheaper glue that breaks down under 'extreme' temperatures

sharanya
05-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I think it would be especially tragic if you left the album in your car on a sunny day, and somehow the lenses caught the sunlight just right and focused it into a concentrated beam, much like a magnifying glass, thus causing your car to catch on fire and explode.

is that very likely to occur? mine's been in my car for close to two weeks now. no falling apart. but i am worried about this.

Black Rabbit
05-15-2006, 09:11 AM
is that very likely to occur? mine's been in my car for close to two weeks now. no falling apart. but i am worried about this. Heh, I doubt it, was just a joke. I just think it that chain of events would be hilarious (if you had insurance)

durkabajung
05-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Mine's been on my table since I bought it...same thing happened to me. And my table is not in direct sunlight ot heat or refrigeration. Damn thing just unglued itself.

Tool implemented termite eggs into each album cover so that when they hatch they tear apart the package making us humans think the cover is un-gluing itself

Staticfactory
05-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I felt a disturbance in the force, as though a million words cried out in fear, and were suddenly silenced...

lolz!

The glue gave out on my case at room temperature... was kind of disappointing.

Garguantua
05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah..my album came un-glued, too. Will try crazy glueing it back at some point.

will see you auntie
05-24-2006, 07:25 AM

i think i saw this on an episode of mythbusters...the tool stereoscopic lenses episode

ladycommish
05-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Tool implemented termite eggs into each album cover so that when they hatch they tear apart the package making us humans think the cover is un-gluing itself

Ok, that was funny! Silly monkeys. And termites! Too bad they are invisible.

formerlycontent
05-25-2006, 04:22 AM
i bought 2 copies, 1 is in my car & generally sits in the passenger seat, i'm very lonely ya know :( & the other is with my cd collection, had no problem with the packaging coming unstuck on either copy. Seems to be good quality to me.

YURAKAPTIV
05-25-2006, 07:32 AM
this can easily happen.I just went outside and caught the ground on fire(and burned my retinas).Man,Tool really didn't think this one through.There is the Tool not liable for wrong use statement,but if it just happens accidently then your really not using them.
Well,I'm off to place them in the window of my house.

influenza
05-25-2006, 08:00 AM
i use it to set bugs on fire.

peripheral
05-27-2006, 04:51 AM
also, don't leave children or small animals in your car, esp if it is hot outside. that is all for now. i will return with more 'things you should already know' when i finish this crayola drawing which is my 2nd grade homework assignment for the wknd.

SomethingSpecial
05-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Regardless of where you leave your tool cd, the packaging still seems to come undone. At least this is true with mine, and I've kept mine in my room with airconditioning, and roses.

jim39n
05-28-2006, 12:10 AM
this can easily happen.I just went outside and caught the ground on fire(and burned my retinas).Man,Tool really didn't think this one through.There is the Tool not liable for wrong use statement,but if it just happens accidently then your really not using them.
Well,I'm off to place them in the window of my house.

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49351