PDA

View Full Version : Demos from 1991

JRBedor
04-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Hey there all, I'm new to the site and I'd like to get some answers to a question. I came across a german website a couple months back with MP3 downloads of six songs labeled "Demos 91." The songs are from Opiate and Undertow and are definitely the real deal. They're raw and unpolished and appear to be the work of the band trying to signed way back when. The songs are as follows:

Crawl Away
Jerk Off
Hush
Sober
Part of me
Cold and ugly

Just looking for some info on these recording, their origin and just about any word you all may have about them. If this is the first you're hearing of these recording I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction to find them. They're a must have for any Tool fan

Talk to me

swaps
04-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Tracks are from Tool's 1991 demo cassette. (http://www.lachrymology.com)

jpmanson
04-04-2003, 04:32 PM
damn, i could have sworn that i had posted on here..

anyway, i said something about www.lachrymology.com having information on these songs.. i had thought that they were part of a bootleg cd called "opium den" which had all of those songs, and a few songs from a live set in 93.

one of the live songs (bottom) on that is regularly labeled as havign zach de la rocha playing. i dont know anythign about that though, so if anyone has info there..

Genocidal
04-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Lovely songs indeed. The only studio recordings of Cold & Ugly and Jerk-off, as well.

erazorhead
04-20-2003, 08:45 PM
can somebody kindly tell me where i could dowload these songs?
thanks

Swim On
06-19-2004, 05:36 PM
www.deadohiosky.net (or .com, whatever) should have them. I can recall downloading the demo for Jerk-Off on there.

bluefire
04-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know where I could get these demos (yes I know im bumping an old thread). I can't find them on any p2p file sharing program. I would very much appreciate anyones help.

Oakshield
03-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Dude I have em al, I found them on The download program emule, you should try it

Windir
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
damn, i could have sworn that i had posted on here..

anyway, i said something about www.lachrymology.com having information on these songs.. i had thought that they were part of a bootleg cd called "opium den" which had all of those songs, and a few songs from a live set in 93.

one of the live songs (bottom) on that is regularly labeled as havign zach de la rocha playing. i dont know anythign about that though, so if anyone has info there..

Wow... back when jpmanson still posted. This is pure gold.

mr. nikki jensen
01-13-2007, 11:22 AM
i would love to have this demotape