PDA

View Full Version : someone you love hurting you

take it all in
04-04-2003, 02:06 PM
this is all my opinion and the song is vague and i could be totally wrong about it but this is what this song means to me:

I have always thought that this song is about being totally crushed by someone that you love. "I am to connected to you to slip away, to fade away, days away i still feel you touchin me changin me" Mayanard is saying that he is so in love with this person that he can't just leave them. He loves this person so much that he still feels them touching him. "Considerately killing me" this means that the person knows that they are crushing him.
"Without the skin here, beneath the storm, under these tears now the walls came down" i think this lyric is sooo beautiful and moving because the skin either represents the person that was so a part of him that they actually became a part of him or that he was cutting himself to deal with the pain (but i don't know about that one) he is crying obviously and when he is crying he is realizing how much he loves this person and how he is nothing without them.
this song means alot to me because i loved and still love this person alot and they totally hurt my feelings. I love him whith all my heart and when he did this to me i was dead. I didn't know what to do i was so afraid that he was going to leave me. For the days that this went on i was numb. I cried and cut myself more than i usually do and i would listen to H. After about 2 days of this i realized that if he truly loves me then we could make things work. For those 2 days this song was exactly how i felt. I just can't put into words what this song means to me.

rockfan7
05-31-2003, 10:41 PM
That's a good interpretation. I used to think of it as someone who was attached to drugs but now that I think of it, your idea fits better with the lyrics. This seems to be recurring theme on Ænima. H and Pushit are very similar and Jimmy loosely ties in with the same theme.