PDA

View Full Version : puzzle revistied

pryingopenmybrowneye
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
ok so I'm sitting here thinking on this puzzle thing, and i'm totally stuck... looking over the pictures counting the candles, counting the flowers, making mental notes of the refrences to numbers i'm finding... the 2's the 11's ... reading thread after thread of ideas about this 'puzzle' but when it comes down to it, we're not really 'puzzle' solving in a way it's more of our art interpretations really or what the art was saying to us.

anyways. keeping in mind i absolutly loved watching us all collaborate on this puzzle. each of us finding another meaning to add to this awesome work. i still felt like we werent on the right track. the folks talking about using blacklights, mirrors, holding the booklet upside down, moving your lightsource to behind the pictures... i think that was more along the lines of puzzle solving. when i think of a puzzle i think of the physical action that is involved with picking up one piece and seeing if it fits with another... so...my attempt here....

call me a silly monkey if you like but i grabbed up some scissors and cut a line vertically down every page of the art so that it was cutting each of the images 'right in two'. this way i can flip though and line up one half of one image with another half of another image.

brought all those interpretations into a new light, it brought them all together. and it really messed with my eyes o.0

anyways I really enjoyed what i found. the yellow/green brain child + the photo of the brain child= pee in my pants! any combination of the members = really cool. still playing around with this still and will do more tomorrow. but i thought i'd share and see if anyone else is crazy enough to cut up thier tool gear muhahah!

anyways just again guys, really cool to watch us all working together to try to solve this puzzle idea... imagine what we could accomplish when this type of energy and thinking was applied to other things!!

pryingopenmybrowneye
05-11-2006, 10:55 PM
/shrug

zol
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Nice work. Let us know if you discover more from this, let's say 'dedicated', method of puzzle solving.

fugitive538
05-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah, it is amazing how the community works together. Unfortunately, i cant cut up my package to help. (uhmmm... i dont have a scissor. Neither a knife. :-)) But take my best wishes, and good luck with the search:-))
(anyway, i would be surprised if anything turned up this way.))

Lost Keys
05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
lol puzzle

zol
05-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it is amazing how the community works together. Unfortunately, i cant cut up my package to help. (uhmmm... i dont have a scissor. Neither a knife. :-)) But take my best wishes, and good luck with the search:-))
(anyway, i would be surprised if anything turned up this way.))

You can always sharpen a stone or forge a blade from superheated steel.

Tool would want you to.

JOK3R
05-11-2006, 11:43 PM
i think i would start crying if i saw someone cut up mine. you are one brave trooper.

maggie2toes
05-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I'll have some serious respect for the idea if this works. There is something so pleasing about things that have to be "destroyed" to be "discovered".

In the mean time, I think I'll leave mine all in one piece.

Good luck!

influenza
05-12-2006, 10:55 AM
ok so I'm sitting here thinking on this puzzle thing, and i'm totally stuck... looking over the pictures counting the candles, counting the flowers, making mental notes of the refrences to numbers i'm finding... the 2's the 11's ... reading thread after thread of ideas about this 'puzzle' but when it comes down to it, we're not really 'puzzle' solving in a way it's more of our art interpretations really or what the art was saying to us.

anyways. keeping in mind i absolutly loved watching us all collaborate on this puzzle. each of us finding another meaning to add to this awesome work. i still felt like we werent on the right track. the folks talking about using blacklights, mirrors, holding the booklet upside down, moving your lightsource to behind the pictures... i think that was more along the lines of puzzle solving. when i think of a puzzle i think of the physical action that is involved with picking up one piece and seeing if it fits with another... so...my attempt here....

call me a silly monkey if you like but i grabbed up some scissors and cut a line vertically down every page of the art so that it was cutting each of the images 'right in two'. this way i can flip though and line up one half of one image with another half of another image.

brought all those interpretations into a new light, it brought them all together. and it really messed with my eyes o.0

anyways I really enjoyed what i found. the yellow/green brain child + the photo of the brain child= pee in my pants! any combination of the members = really cool. still playing around with this still and will do more tomorrow. but i thought i'd share and see if anyone else is crazy enough to cut up thier tool gear muhahah!

anyways just again guys, really cool to watch us all working together to try to solve this puzzle idea... imagine what we could accomplish when this type of energy and thinking was applied to other things!!

try this: burn your 10,000 days cd and inhale the fumes. It will give you the key to solve the puzzle.

pryingopenmybrowneye
05-12-2006, 11:58 AM
try this: burn your 10,000 days cd and inhale the fumes. It will give you the key to solve the puzzle.

... i just feel a little dizzy and have a headache now...

someguythatwantsin
05-12-2006, 12:57 PM
but i thought i'd share and see if anyone else is crazy enough to cut up thier tool gear muhahah!

Indeed. I cut my shit up too.

therandom
05-13-2006, 10:17 AM

it would be the most fun if you POSTED such pictures

Inner_Eulogy
05-14-2006, 02:11 PM
I'll have some serious respect for the idea if this works. There is something so pleasing about things that have to be "destroyed" to be "discovered".

In the mean time, I think I'll leave mine all in one piece.

Good luck!

That phrase right there just made some very odd sense to me. "the way things need to be destroyed in order to discover". Like becoming more enlightened as a person whom survives and learns through pain in life. Maybe he's onto something there..."life feeds on life...this is necessary" <shrug>

lateralus0
05-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Ah, well, if you start from the picture that says "Tool 10,000 Days" and proceed, you'll notice that the picture preceding each band member can be seen in each other the band member's photo. Except for Maynard. He is preceded by the fetus in the skull. I'm confused, anyone notice this too?

beyond
05-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Ah, well, if you start from the picture that says "Tool 10,000 Days" and proceed, you'll notice that the picture preceding each band member can be seen in each other the band member's photo. Except for Maynard. He is preceded by the fetus in the skull. I'm confused, anyone notice this too?

Maybe it's saying you should think like a child to see the answer.... Or a fetus.

Or maybe you are supposed to replace your brain with a fetus to solve the puzzle. That's it.

This puzzle thing is pissing me off, eh?

Ballzee
05-14-2006, 05:14 PM
I had a dream last night that I cut up the pictures of the band members, attached them to a Vinyl Lp and played at different speeds until the stereoscopic image actually showed something in 3-D....

Yes, I was messed up.

skripture
05-14-2006, 06:12 PM
um I don't know if it's been said, but I think the # 2 is really important. First of all there is two of almost everything in maynards pic. Then, there are two of every picture in the booklet and you have to merge them together to see them in 3d (in Jambi the lyrics are shine on until the two become one, and in Right in Two it talks about how the evil of man is that they are splitting it all right in two). Anyway. Think about it.

skripture
05-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh, and something else... jimmy from aenima says one and one is eleven. the combining of two to be eleven which is the number of songs on 10000 days, also is obviously a very important number on this album altogether.

skripture
05-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Now I have thought about it more and it is ASTOUNDING how much jimmy and this album are connected. Especially to the songs wings for marie. He keeps talking about going home in both instances. It has a lot to do with two becoming one. I dunno, help me out with it.

TheGreatDPF
05-14-2006, 06:31 PM
if the puzzle has u go from one band member pic to another then i think maynards pic is where u would start since the pic before him is a fetus and well you start lifes journey as a fetus too...

HallsOfMandos
05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
imagine what we could accomplish when this type of energy and thinking was applied to other things!!

Indeed. Just wonder when we can stop dissecting trivialities in favor of something a little less self-indulgent

Scism
05-16-2006, 04:21 AM
I'm just thinking of the "Parabola" Video where the black guy cuts his little dead buddy into two...

defjuxie
05-16-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm just thinking of the "Parabola" Video where the black guy cuts his little dead buddy into two...

the black guy? wtf is this the 50's?.....that "black guy" is tricky.......

Scism
05-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Sorry but i didn't know how else to describe him (as i'm not a native english-speaker).
And as i don't know the guys name...
Sorry if some of you took this wrong.

defjuxie
05-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Sorry but i didn't know how else to describe him (as i'm not a native english-speaker).
And as i don't know the guys name...
Sorry if some of you took this wrong.

nah i was just messin with ya.

peace

MT-Toolhead
05-16-2006, 04:33 PM
As Ive said on another site, I think we are the "zombies" and "junkies" staring into the lenses.....

bruised_kiwi
05-17-2006, 12:12 AM
As Ive said on another site, I think we are the "zombies" and "junkies" staring into the lenses.....
All I know is that my eyes hurt....in the blurry eagle pic he seems to be holding something in his claw....amber maybe??