PDA

View Full Version : H. conection?

tescovee
05-11-2006, 04:08 AM
I notice that around the 6 min mark on Rosseta stoned it has a riff thats exactly like the riff on H. And that riff starts on rosetta stoned at the same time (6.07) H. ends.....I'm tired and board, so this could just be my brain misfiring

apathetic goat
05-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Oh, hey, there's a forum full of threads about this. Who knew?

Goodwin
05-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Coincidence. If you find any other evidence to support this and why TOOL would make this kind of connection I wouldn't think about it too much.

bluefire
05-12-2006, 04:22 PM
you've got an h. connection? Sweet, what kinda prices are we talking about?

Steventh
05-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Hmmm... I don't really see the H connection as much as I see the Third Eye connection.

MisterMudd
05-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't call it a connection, just "style" coming out. This whole album has eclectic mixes of the predominant styles of all of the other albums. I think this album, instead of an evolutionary leap in their style, is a plateau. So I think the "connection" you are thinking of, is nothing more than style.

HallsOfMandos
05-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't have the timestamp for when it starts, but there is certainly a guitar line in this song that is very very very reminiscient (sp?) of a rif in H.

Azrae1
05-14-2006, 10:38 PM
....umm... wow. Damn, I think there really is something.. "H.ish", if you will, going on... try starting the track around 6 minutes in, and just listen- the guitar riff, the drums even (that temple block-like sound... it's faint, but if you listen closely..) and even the tone in Maynard's voice conjures the feeling of H...... weird.

Triangular_Vision
05-15-2006, 04:40 AM
definately presents the feeling of H... but like its been said before its a style. These particular things carried from the earlier albums can be related to buying a new car... Say you are a dodge owner and u find out they just put out the new 1500 with the same HEMI engine... holy shit its a better, newer truck with the same badass fucking engine. Thank GOD they didn't just wipe the slate and try something new... rather they took everything that everyone liked (the members of the band being everyone) and made something new and beautiful out of it...

personally while not being what i expected, the new album blows my mind and i coulnd't ask for anything better... but thats just me.

btw... i have the 360 rather than the HEMI lol...