PDA

View Full Version : Danny's drums at the end

Watching and mentioning
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Just got back from the show in Denver, had a really good view of Danny the entire time. Man everything he did blew my mind, but the end of this song......wow.

That guy sure knows how to kick some serious ass.

savelints8
05-21-2006, 12:04 AM
I was there too! Yeah, his playing was incredible. I think I was focused on Danny the whole time. Listening to the complexity of his drumming on the albums, and then to see it live and watch him reproduce it perfectly...Wow. I would kill to see him do the end of The Grudge. Maybe at Pepsi Center...

seemyshadowchanging
05-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I saw them at the tabernacle in atlanta and like you both say danny can seriously fuck it up on the drums.his hands are so fast that its like a blur.anyone who hasnt ever seen them live will be blown away.its almost as if its not really happening sometimes.

eulogy09
05-25-2006, 08:38 AM
what songs did they play in denver?

centryblu
05-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I am going to say that Danny is an amazing drummer. But his work isn't overly complicated. It is just formed with a lot of thought and care, with an emphasis on detail. I would say that his drumming off of Opiate, and to some degree Undertow, were more technical. Danny, much like my other hero Josh Freese, are so devoted to the song that I think anything they bring to the table is mind blowing.