PDA

View Full Version : Hidden word found at 3:23 !!

desertone
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
At about 3:23 in the song we hear a deep haunting voice that appears to be dropped in pitch and slowed down. Using the Audacity music editing software I sped up that section and increased the pitch. The word spoken becomes perfectly clear ... "Francisco".

I'm sure others have figured this out already so help me out. What is the link? What does it mean?

Peace.

TurdEye13
05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
?

raj
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
It's easy for the mind to go completely numb after looking through all these posts, but here's an IDEA...

Someone posted the link about the #23 on Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_%28numerology%29

and it mentions the 23rd hexagram in the I'Ching, which means "Splitting Apart."

So, here's the (silly) connection:

Francisco = SAN Francisco

Splitting Apart = earthquake.

San Francisco will inevitably experience a catastrophic earthquake within the next 20 (? I think) years, according to just about every geologist. So, if this song were an obscure reference to what I've just said, it wouldn't be a novel one since we know San Francisco is going to crumble soon.

As for the strange Latin lyrics on About.com... blah, who knows if that can be tied in... August 23rd is a bad day to be in San Francisco?

Btw, I live in San Francisco, which makes me 1) foolish, and 2) paranoid.

xPOGOx
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Btw, I live in San Francisco, which makes me 1) foolish, and 2) paranoid.
3) gay.

EDIT: I don't mean that to be a personal flame toward you...just a joke about the city...

raj
05-10-2006, 10:48 PM
You'd think so...

Muladhara
05-11-2006, 01:25 AM
I mentioned this noise in a previous thread, I also mentioned that as it was at 3:23, if you times 23 by 3 you get 69.

Dude.

Edit: Actually you're just mentioning the low deep noise aren't you? Not the sound which ACTUALLY starts at 3:23 which sounds like an intake of breath, or possibly the word "hack".

desertone
05-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Great ideas folks! Here is something else to throw into the mix. The artist Francisco de Goya is well known for his "dark" paintings. Of particular interest could be his work during 1821-1823 "The Great He-Goat or Witches Sabbath". The painting is currently in the Museo del Prado, Madrid. See the link below:
http://artchive.com/artchive/G/goya/great_he-goat.jpg.html

And also the following link on Francisco de Goya:
http://artchive.com/artchive/G/goya.html

What are the thoughts out there folks??

-Peace

desertone
05-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I mentioned this noise in a previous thread, I also mentioned that as it was at 3:23, if you times 23 by 3 you get 69.

Dude.

Edit: Actually you're just mentioning the low deep noise aren't you? Not the sound which ACTUALLY starts at 3:23 which sounds like an intake of breath, or possibly the word "hack".

Good point on the clarification on the sound that starts at 3:23. After altering the tempo and pitch it definitely sounded like an intake of breath just before the word "Franciso". So I included the breath sound in determining the start of 3:23. From what I could tell, that was the start of a human sound. Who knows, the 3:23 part could just be meaningless but it's a good reference point for folks who want to examine the sounds and see for themselves.

Let me know what you think about the possible reference to Francisco de Goya (see other follow-up to the thread).

-Peace

desertone
05-12-2006, 05:36 AM
Apparantly Francisco de Goya is well known for paintings that depict man's inhumanity to man as shown in his collection of 14 "black paintings" depicting hellish visions.

This seems to be a solid tie in with the previous song "Right in Two".

See the following link on Francisco:
http://artchive.com/artchive/G/goya.html

"Goya seems to have come to take it for granted that a human being with power or authority over another will abuse it to ruin the other to dismember, deprave, despoil, relentlessly, gratuitously. Maybe the scenes in The Disasters of War of the pointless butchery which the victors inflict on the vanquished tell us no more about Goya himself than that, like any humane and rational being, he loathed the excesses of war. "

-Peace

fugitive538
05-12-2006, 06:36 AM
things are turning out to be more and more interesting...
(First of all, can someone upload somewhere the edited soundfile (and of course a link to it), in which the word 'Francisco' is clearly audible?)

If we want to make references to Fracisco Goya, we should take the number 23 (viginti tres) into consideration. There are several works of Goya, that were finished in 1823. For example, one is the great he-goat, but i thought of another.
considering that one of the album's topics is violence, and watching violence, and knowing that this album is not that far from Lateralus, in which there were mentions of the Saturn, the following painting caught my attention:

http://artchive.com/artchive/G/goya/saturn.jpg.html
(Francisco Goya: Saturn (finished in 1823))
what about that?

desertone
05-12-2006, 11:05 AM
(First of all, can someone upload somewhere the edited soundfile (and of course a link to it), in which the word 'Francisco' is clearly audible?)

If we want to make references to Fracisco Goya, we should take the number 23 (viginti tres) into consideration. There are several works of Goya, that were finished in 1823. For example, one is the great he-goat, but i thought of another.
considering that one of the album's topics is violence, and watching violence, and knowing that this album is not that far from Lateralus, in which there were mentions of the Saturn, the following painting caught my attention:

what about that?

It looks like you are on to something here. Especially with the well publicized art interestes expressed by Danny. The extension from Lateralis makes sense. There could also be an extension from the APC anti-war covers Maynard did. The artwork of Goya definitely embodies the concepts of the three cd's.

I'll see what I can do to make the sound file available tomorrow and post a link to this thread (kind of booked with work today - sigh). I sued FreeRip to convert the song to MP3 then used the free music editing program called Audacity. You can very easily highlight the section of music you're interested in, apply the "reverse" special effect, change the tempo and pitch. But, I'll definitely try to get the file out asap.

- Peace

desertone
05-12-2006, 03:04 PM
If anyone is interested in hearing the sound byte with the "Francisco" word altered from the original so it can be heard clearly email me at [email protected]

It is about 52k and in mp3 format. And if anyone has a website to post it for easier access feel free to do so.

-Peace

Koan
05-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Interesting. I'd like to see this unfold, but right now, I'm digging the birth idea.

M.Luther
05-13-2006, 01:13 AM
At about 3:23 in the song we hear a deep haunting voice that appears to be dropped in pitch and slowed down. Using the Audacity music editing software I sped up that section and increased the pitch. The word spoken becomes perfectly clear ... "Francisco".

I'm sure others have figured this out already so help me out. What is the link? What does it mean?

Peace.

you're right....scary.

M.Luther
05-13-2006, 01:28 AM

what about that?

When i saw that picture of Saturn I immediately recognized the style of art. My dad has a illustrated book about witchcraft-the occult and mysteries of the ancient world I forget who published it, but either way it had this painting of Goya's in it.
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/goya/goya.colossus.jpg
I remember reading this book while growing up and when I was younger I always thought that painting was amazing.
The great he goat is another very dark and excellent painting as well.

egrue
05-13-2006, 01:42 AM
i read in another thread that if you speed it up at around 3:23 you actually get "the system" and not "francisco", and then around 4:08 or so it says "down", so altogether it's saying "the system's down". you could be right though, i don't have the time to speed it up and try myself.

helix templ
05-13-2006, 07:16 AM
it did sound on a few occasions like 'francisco'

although recently i heard it or some part of it as 'hashish' lol

desertone
05-13-2006, 10:16 PM
i read in another thread that if you speed it up at around 3:23 you actually get "the system" and not "francisco", and then around 4:08 or so it says "down", so altogether it's saying "the system's down". you could be right though, i don't have the time to speed it up and try myself.

Based on your comment and the other related threads for "the system's down", I did some more sampling. Try as i might, I could only get it to sound remotely like "the system is down" if it was sped up to almost chipmonk sounding speed and then reducing the pitch. It was also evident that the word "down" isn't at all clear - there is no enunciation.

However, when speeding up the tempo just enough to make the low pitched drawn out sound have the pitch of normal speech, it sounds clear to me as "Francisco". It took a lot of altering to barely sound like "the system's down", but only a few people know for sure if there is anything there - and they aren't talking yet. I suggest we hit Blair up for some feedback. I would think we might get a response, especially with Danny's apparent interests in obscure art, etc.

Good thoughts everyone!

timsim83
05-15-2006, 02:13 AM
yes, blair seems to be co-oprative (in his own way) in discussing the song meanings. He already dropped a big hint about RS. But all that could just because this one was to be top secret. This experience we're all having is what they are after. Not a bunch of noobs reading BMB shit and learning the meaning of life. So I guess it could go either way. This is more fun though.

ps Schizm is the 555 split right in two?

Rezbit
05-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Man this song is so pointless IMO, and with all these analyses going around....just wow.