PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever hear King Crimson's...

Disco Stu
04-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Frame by Frame? If not, you should listen to it (from the discipline album), it sounds a lot like 46 & 2. Or should I say the main riff from 46 & 2 sounds a lot like Frame by Frame.

6bit
04-10-2003, 07:31 PM
I was coming to post this.... and it was the 1st thing i saw. Interesting.

I would go as far to say that something like that was a coincidence, however, the fact that tool has toured with KC, makes me wonder how intentional the riff was.

Has anyone else noticed anything like that?

On Lateralus, the intro to Triad, maynard does a kind of chanting scream a few seconds in that is VERY similar to one done on a Led Zep song (I don't know my LZ very well, however, i think it was Dazed and Confused).

6bit
04-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Actually, the song I was thinking off was the Immigrant Song. The scream/chant at the beginning is very similar to that of the scream on "Triad"

Adrenalin
05-13-2003, 02:45 AM
a friend of mine resently bought the discipline album,and while he let me listen to some of it.. it really reminded me of tool!!i think the influence is clear!!!tool is one of the greatest bands ever..but hey...they had to listen to something right?and by the way..when did they tour with KC?is KC's ast album any good?

3rd eye
05-14-2003, 12:32 AM
My cousin is a musician....more of a musician than I am, and when I played him some tool (flood) the first thing he said was "these guys sound like King Crimson" and I said "Hmm, interesting, i've read a lot of sources that say KC is one of the bands biggest influences." I guess it's no coincidence. You can bet your asses there will be people in the next generation that are gonna be influenced by tool and will actually sound like them, I surely hope no band is gonna try and rip tool off and all their ingenious ideas. Maybe a hypocrit warning but I know, if I ever become a "successful" musician, tool will be my biggest equal positive influence via inspiration for creativeness, technicality, incorporating philosophy into the music, and art.
Quote ricky Gervais: "There's no logic in music, it's just art"