PDA

View Full Version : A Song of my Own

LabRat404
05-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Recorded this just a little while ago for this purpose. Nothing but a guitar playing, as I don't have a band, but it fills out quite nice.

This was a song that I had made about 4 years ago, and since then I've added a few things here and there. The strumming parts were recently added.

Its far from complete: needs drums, bass, and probably some lyrics, I'm sure the guitar won't play the entire time if it ever becomes a full fledged song. Timing is also not consistent, I just kind of sat down and recorded it.

Its nothing spectacular, but I'm proud of it.

link: http://media.putfile.com/Zeroth---Untitled

Elgyn
05-11-2006, 04:27 AM
Sounds cool man, it's definitely got potential. You should try getting some multi track action happening with a program like Cool Edit so you can flesh it out a bit. Course, you'd still need a bass guitar and some looped drums. It's good fun though.

LabRat404
05-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Sounds cool man, it's definitely got potential. You should try getting some multi track action happening with a program like Cool Edit so you can flesh it out a bit. Course, you'd still need a bass guitar and some looped drums. It's good fun though.

Cool Edit, the former. Now is called Audobe Audition :-)

I'll look into that. I've been having a lot of fun playing with Audacity.

Elgyn
05-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I'm still in denial about that take over though... I'm living in the past. I take it audacity is similar to Cool Edit, except that it's free... right?

thew
05-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Amazing... After hearing this and reading your writtings, it kinda makes me wonder what kind of vocals you could put together.
We will be hearing some of those sometime right?
Keep up the great work!
-MAtt

LabRat404
05-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Amazing... After hearing this and reading your writtings, it kinda makes me wonder what kind of vocals you could put together.
We will be hearing some of those sometime right?
Keep up the great work!
-MAtt

I sure hope so. I'm not very creative instrumentally, so I end up trying to come up with something for hours and accomplishing nothing. I also have a hard time putting lyrics to instrumental stuff, because I do both separately. I don't write to my instrumental, and I dont play my instrumental to any lyrics. edit: I guess I should try that, huh? :-)

Yeah, I'm still in denial about that take over though... I'm living in the past. I take it audacity is similar to Cool Edit, except that it's free... right?

I've never used it, I couldnt say. Audacity is nothing more than a wave editor. you can mix waves, record, delete, add silence or tones, add effects to waves like echos and some other cool ones, etc etc. I've also used Creative Labs' WaveStudio, which is a nice program, but not as feature rich as Audacity I think.

Audacity is great for recording and simple editing and mixing, and its Open Source software, so yes it is free as in freedom. It's multiplatform as well. I've got it installed on my linux box. I'm sure there are a Windows and Mac ports as well.