PDA

View Full Version : Significance of the Jar?

The Beyond
04-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Has anybody else noticed that in a lot of Tool videos something is being "carried"?

In sober, someone is carrying a jar

In aenima, somebody is carrying the alien

In stinkfist there is that jar right at the beginning of the video, and part of the guy's shoulder falls into it.

Is this simply coincidence?

Also in Schism, a piece of the one of the aliens ear falls out. person is then "born" out of it.

Personally, I think this was done on purpose. But why?

Lachrymologist
04-03-2003, 09:39 AM
In the sober video, it's a box. And i took the box to represent the drugs that the person was addicted to. He kept going back to it, even though it was always empty, and he knew that it would always be empty, then when he put it back, it was like he was trying to quit, but he couldn't.

The Beyond
04-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Lachrymologist
In the sober video, it's a box. And i took the box to represent the drugs that the person was addicted to. He kept going back to it, even though it was always empty, and he knew that it would always be empty, then when he put it back, it was like he was trying to quit, but he couldn't.

interesting! in my opinion, the box represents his sanity-he tries to keep it close to him-to stay "sane". At near the end of the video, he loses the box and you seem him feeling that tube shaped thing, prodding at its insides. Perhaps this represents his sanity and he cant get it back?

anyway, whatever it means, i'm not really thinking very deeply into it. I'm curious to know what that machine thing at the end is though.

oh and have you noticed that he sits on a chair often in the video, and is then "carried" above?

DisgracedEffigy
04-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Have you noticed that, in most videos, the characters are made of clay? Coincidence? I think not.

FlamingEye
04-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Have u guys noticed that that most of the tool videos are not a full screen? the end of parabola is, thats about it i think. not sure though

cradled
04-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by The Beyond
oh and have you noticed that he sits on a chair often in the video, and is then "carried" above?

Sounds like an acid trip to me.