PDA

View Full Version : Blame Hoffman?

fourdegrees
05-10-2006, 07:53 AM
NO, WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO POST IMAGES

toocooltool
05-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Ohshit. Are we allowed to include images in posts now?

aClockworkOrange
05-10-2006, 09:21 AM
my little and naive thought over it is that either:

blame Hoffman cause he invented LSD and the guy took LSD and fried his brain or;

the guy was 'actually' abducted but since what he is saying doesnt make much sense and all these feelings he emanates, so surreal that maybe, nobody believes him, so probably when he talks about it to Hoffman [you believe me dont you?please believe what i just said] probably he will take the guy had some drugs. like, 'youre high on drugs or something'
its like sometimes out there, we're trying to explain something awkward but words just dont match what we want to explain and we're being so frantic about it that the response sometimes we get is 'are you high on drugs or something?'. so i think 'Blame Hoffman' could be the typical response of someone who isnt 'viewing' what one is trying to explain. kinda like me now, words dont flow..

peace out

rogerdoger
05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
my little and naive thought over it is that either:

blame Hoffman cause he invented LSD and the guy took LSD and fried his brain or;

the guy was 'actually' abducted but since what he is saying doesnt make much sense and all these feelings he emanates, so surreal that maybe, nobody believes him, so probably when he talks about it to Hoffman [you believe me dont you?please believe what i just said] probably he will take the guy had some drugs. like, 'youre high on drugs or something'
its like sometimes out there, we're trying to explain something awkward but words just dont match what we want to explain and we're being so frantic about it that the response sometimes we get is 'are you high on drugs or something?'. so i think 'Blame Hoffman' could be the typical response of someone who isnt 'viewing' what one is trying to explain. kinda like me now, words dont flow..

peace out
I like that second idea...before I had just thought that the guy had fried his brain.

zol
05-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I also believe there's some aspect of a real experience coming through in this song. That it's not just a bad acid trip.

And just to be picky can we start referring to this guy with his ACTUAL name - HOFMANN! (Dr Albert Hofmann)

Not Hoffman like our oh-so-handsome friend above.

Give the man some credit and spell his name correctly.

Koan
05-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I think it references directly to Blame Hofman for this acid-head ending up in the hospital. The guy has an intense trip which moves him, and he finds it hard to deal with the real world not believing his experience, not paying attention at all, while he is deeply shocked and alert.

cant_be_faded
05-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I take it as the guy really did take acid, but he was tripping so hard he can't make sense of it in the external world, so he's like damnit hoffman, its a joke line kinda.

Jimmeny
05-20-2006, 11:31 AM
He put an explosive charge in Tom Cruise's head, that's what's he did.

Matt8
05-20-2006, 11:43 AM
he was an arrogant prick in patch adams. FUCK HIM IN THE EAR! then blame him.

blackandwhite
05-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Or maybe he's saying it's Hofmann's fault for inventing LSd because that's what everyone thinks he's on.

dime86
05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
He put an explosive charge in Tom Cruise's head, that's what's he did.
Finally!

imthedevil
06-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Finally!
Would that explosive charge be a penis?

(I'm suggesting Tom is gay)

æmoeba•°·.
06-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Would that explosive charge be a penis?

(I'm suggesting Tom is gay)

oh, shut up -.-

Nate-Dogg85
06-06-2006, 06:31 AM
righteo, the blame hoffman makes sense. Whether the interpretation is correct, who knows!? But what about the 2 words before those two words ' lost keys '

mmmm, confused a little. I have an idear, but i havent made the pieces fit quite yet.

Yondo
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Or maybe he's saying it's Hofmann's fault for inventing LSd because that's what everyone thinks he's on.

Of course. Genius. It goes with Rosetta Stoned, too, because no one believes him. They think he's on something.

Well, shit[thebed]. Now, what are the lost keys?

stevejols
06-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I always thought of it as. The disaster took place because he lost his keys. Like to make it into his car or house. He couldn't find his keys because of his acid trip. Lost Keys... Blame Hoffman.

Gnome_Chomsky
06-24-2006, 01:39 PM
The key may very well be his pen.

Yondo
06-24-2006, 09:21 PM
The key may very well be his pen.

I've often thought of it as a metaphorical key, like the pen.

Ghostwriter
06-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Because he has disillusioned people into believing it is okay to hurt others.