PDA

View Full Version : Music: Anyone else hearing the same riff in Eon Blue Apocolypse, Jambi and Intension?

fulmination
05-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Has anyone else picked up on this or do you disagree? Listen closely to Eon Blue, then skip straight to Adam's solo in Jambi, then the beginning and end bits of Intension. Different, but the same.

I think I can hear other "sameness" examples as well on this album. Trying to absorb all the lyrics and music at once though is insane, as we all know.

Thoughts?

Misanthrope
05-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Trying to absorb everything Tool do at once is very easy. Maybe you should try harder.

fulmination
05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Trying to absorb everything Tool do at once is very easy. Maybe you should try harder.
Indeed. I shall. Thank-you.

Loveboat Captain
05-10-2006, 06:16 AM
It's harder for me to absorb what tool do in sperate parts i.e guitar first.

evil agent
05-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok, I have to disagree here.. I do not hear EON BLUE APOCALYPSE anywhere on this album.

I DO hear little bits of Schism, Third Eye, and Pushit (alternate version). But no, I don't hear Eon Blue Apocalypse anywhere.

tescovee
05-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Ok, I have to disagree here.. I do not hear EON BLUE APOCALYPSE anywhere on this album.

I DO hear little bits of Schism, Third Eye, and Pushit (alternate version). But no, I don't hear Eon Blue Apocalypse anywhere.

you dont hear H. on Rosseta Stoned?,

Jimmeny
05-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Anyone not hearing these little references, and anyone refusing to acknowledge the presence of the reflections of previous songs on 10,000 Days, is most definately missing the point of this album. Eon Blue Apocalypse is definately at the beginning and end of Intension. I'm not sure I can hear it on Jambi, but it is without a shadow of a doubt present on Intension.

evil agent
05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Can you give me the exact time (ie. 1:23 or something) on EON and on INTENSION? Cause I really don't hear it. And I can play EON on guitar.

fulmination
05-11-2006, 03:46 PM
It's right at the very start of Intension - just when the whispering is coming in and then right at the very end, just before Right In Two starts.

Terry21
05-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Haha, I don't know how to NOT hear Eon Blue Apocalypse in there. No kidding, anyone has to be DEAF to not hear that. It's not just kinda similar, it's the same thing. Definately. But I never heard it in Jambi. I might check that out now.

AMF
05-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Nope. I can play both Eon and Intension on guitar, and they are very different.

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 11:14 AM

Of course you're going to hear some of that, that is the sound of Tool, what makes it unique. It not like they're going to make sone song like 10,000 days and then have their next song sound like green day shit.