PDA

View Full Version : My band could use some help...

Hi9
05-10-2006, 01:30 AM
So, I hate doing this kind of annoying self promotion ever, but every now and then you just have to be a whore.

In any case, my band's in this contest, and in order to put ourselves ahead, we need to get a lot of listens to our songs. The link is www.battleofthebands.com/hi9 ... you have to listen to it 'till it ends for it to count. And hell, if you don't wanna listen to it, just put it on and mute the 'puter... as long as it gets to the end, it's a help, and amazingly appreciated.

We are actually pretty good, though. Just not good at this whole promotion thing... more about the song writing and such.

vesica_piscis
05-10-2006, 04:41 AM
If only you'd been born in the 50's you could've made a killing in the 70's with this stuff...

Hi9
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
I guess I'll take that as a compliment, since there seem to have been a lot of good bands in the 70's.

lockdown12
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
So, I hate doing this kind of annoying self promotion ever, but every now and then you just have to be a whore.

In any case, my band's in this contest, and in order to put ourselves ahead, we need to get a lot of listens to our songs. The link is www.battleofthebands.com/hi9 ... you have to listen to it 'till it ends for it to count. And hell, if you don't wanna listen to it, just put it on and mute the 'puter... as long as it gets to the end, it's a help, and amazingly appreciated.

We are actually pretty good, though. Just not good at this whole promotion thing... more about the song writing and such.

sorry, guys. i will have to abstain from this vote. i have a big problem with narcissistic band "battles."

Hi9
05-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Well it's not really a vote... there's judges that judge the music and all, but they apparently do take the amount of listens into account in their judging.

And I don't really see how it's narcissistic... I'm just broke as hell.

LabRat404
05-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Not particularly in my taste, but a great performance anyhow :-)

very up beat as well. Makes me wanan jump around.