PDA

View Full Version : Is that breathing at the end?

Buffalo
05-09-2006, 05:47 PM
When the song fades out, is that breathing at the end? It gives me the chills, because I recently watched my mother die, and I'll never forget the sound of her breathing getting slower...and slower.......and slower..........

evil agent
05-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I got a simliar feeling from that ending. Haunting, powerful stuff...

CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Nah it's not breathing, it's that wooshing sound from the beginning of Wings

hbynoe
05-11-2006, 12:56 PM
When the song fades out, is that breathing at the end? It gives me the chills, because I recently watched my mother die, and I'll never forget the sound of her breathing getting slower...and slower.......and slower..........
my condolences to you and yours.

hugs

davelisowski
07-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one. Yeah, I think it's breathing sounds not whooshing sounds.
To me, it sounds like someone breathing through a machine, like an iron lung or ventilator machine. That's just the image I get. Breathing, nonetheless.

Master Of Puppets
07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
I always get the image of a pendulum clock when I hear that sound.

Verboten
07-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Blender motor.

In one of the interviews, Danny said that they used a blender motor in one of the songs.

Radius
07-16-2006, 03:10 PM
It's just an electric whoosh sound, panning from left to right. back and forth. Nobody's breathing is that robotic, steady, or FAST for that matter, even with a machine breathing for you.
Just a cool effect, and an unusual & creative lead in to The Pot.

duncang
07-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Its the exact same sound thats at the beginning of Wings For Marie, I think it's breathing.

Lysander
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Are you sure the blender comment wasn't referring to Veginti Tres? And it's not just a lead-in to The Pot, as it's at hte beginning of Wings too.

ShadowLine
07-21-2006, 04:06 PM
its actually a new cymbal danny had got from paistes the is vertical and rotates when has been hit, the sound is then put through and effect to produce that.
sounds awesome dont ya think?

chris
x

44&4
08-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Sounds to me like an antique "Leslie" rotating speaker with noisy bearings. Adam has said he prefers analog effects to digital for this very reason. You can still get "musical" sounds from them, even if they're not working right, whereas digital effects just tend to sound "pixellated". Kinda like the breathy/panting sound at the beginning of Eulogy sounds like a dirty volume knob on a guitar being turned up and down.

PriceisRight
08-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I would like to agree with a guy from another forum.

This song should be at the end followed by VT.

ShadowLine
08-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Sounds to me like an antique "Leslie" rotating speaker with noisy bearings. Adam has said he prefers analog effects to digital for this very reason. You can still get "musical" sounds from them, even if they're not working right, whereas digital effects just tend to sound "pixellated". Kinda like the breathy/panting sound at the beginning of Eulogy sounds like a dirty volume knob on a guitar being turned up and down.

no no its the cymbal, i read an interview with danny carey and he said it was the cymbal.

chris
x