PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 DAYS in the rain.............

lateral_circle
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
... So, a couple days ago, while rain poured down and a slight breeze passed through my front porch, I decided to listen to this track. All I can tell you is that it really REALLY hit me how powerful this song is.

It was rather late in the evening, dark enough to add some purple-ish tint to the sky. Listening to the storms and weather and then actually being in a downpour of rain just sent this track into outer space.

Anyway, dont know if anyone else has had a similar experience yet, but definitely give it a try. Peace.

Them Bones
05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
ha, the day this cd came out i was listening to this song for the very first time and it was pouring out and thought the thurder was real. once i figured out the thurder was on the cd it fuckin creeped me out

noresolution2
05-09-2006, 04:14 PM
I imagine the production of this song live will be something to behold.

champion
05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I listened to this CD while I was in outer space the other day. It felt like the song was made on Earth.

lateral_circle
05-09-2006, 07:18 PM
haha. Nice replies. I look forward to giving it a spin next time I'm on my way to the moon!

rogerdoger
05-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I imagine the production of this song live will be something to behold.
I'm wondering how Maynard will do singing this live, it's gotta be pretty emotional for him....I think it will be absolutly amazing assuming they do it....I'm worried that they havn't done it yet on the small venue shows, at least not the ones I've read reviews of.

ParisD
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm wondering how Maynard will do singing this live, it's gotta be pretty emotional for him....I think it will be absolutly amazing assuming they do it....I'm worried that they haven’t done it yet on the small venue shows, at least not the ones I've read reviews of.

This has to be one of my 5 favorite Tool songs to date. If it's not performed live it would truly be a shame.

Connecting the dots between Flood (which I feel might represent MJK's reaction to how his mother's stroke must have effected him), APC's Judith, Jimmy, Parabol/Parabola (instinct tells me that perhaps he's maybe trying to sooth her with thoughts of her pain being temporary), and finally 10,000 days...The beauty of his raw vulnerability and selfless expression of love and respect for a woman I'm sure he disagreed with more often than not is truly staggering. Having lost both of my parents recently I can connect with this song's intent in a way that moved me more deeply than perhaps any Tool song ever has.

lateral_circle
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm so fucking happy that people are seeing the beauty in this track.........and album.

evil agent
05-11-2006, 12:16 PM
This track was probably the one that took me the longest time to get into. Not that I didn't like it. I just realized it was very long, and would take time to properly appreciate. Whereas other tracks (Jambi, Vicarious, the Pot) hit me right away.

I am only now fully realizing the power of Wing 1&2. Awesome, awesome stuff. I LOVE your description of listening to it in the rain. I've always found rain to be one of the most powerful and emotional states of the weather, especially living in Vancouver where it rains most of the year. Can't wait for a similar experience (damn the good weather right now!).

hbynoe
05-11-2006, 01:03 PM
i cant wait to be in a thunderstorm again, the album leaked when i got back from the country. i hope i get the chance to go again just so i could go out and lay and listen and watch and feel the world change so drasitcally around me

½ - ∑mptﻹ
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM
when I listen to this I picture a woman out in the storm, miles off land and over the raging sea, with this one high high high cliff out in front of her. she ascends up it and the gates are there, her shaking her fist triumphantly and saying "give me my wings".

spotted also by images of her son warding off the ghouls at home and the others that had never actually been there, not like her.

I've actually taken to singing my grandmother's name in place of Judith's when it comes around on the album. she died when I was in seventh grade and this song really makes me think of her.

myeyes,myevidence
05-11-2006, 10:02 PM
yea this track is great it makes ten minutes go so fast by just absorbing you into the track - its awesome

drumman
05-13-2006, 07:20 AM
ha, the day this cd came out i was listening to this song for the very first time and it was pouring out and thought the thurder was real. once i figured out the thurder was on the cd it fuckin creeped me out

I had a simular experience with rain and thunder the same night i picked up the new album 10,000 days. I had waited until it was late around midnight or so and as i was listening to it i also had a experience with a thunderstorm at the exact time that i was hearing it on the cd, very cool as i realized what was happening and opened up all the shades to get the full effect of it. Creepy indeed since i was enjoying some salvia divinorum at the time, and was in a altered state. Not that a altered state was needed to enjoy it, but the coincidence was spectacular.

PhillyBoyTempe
05-13-2006, 08:26 AM
I would love to listen to this song in the rain. Sadley, I am in the middle of the fucking desert and the temp is steadily rising. I think today were going to be in triple didgets. Im going to have to wait until August when the monsoon season rolls in. Then I shall truley have an experience like none other. Until then....damn you all and your "rain". Last 200 days out here weve had 1 day of it.