PDA

View Full Version : The Pot is the next single ...

mosquito
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2006_01.php

Q. On what date will the single from the album be released in the US? A. PORV

Q. On what date, exactly will the single from Tool's new record be released in the US? A. VORP

He goes on to sya that it was asking him which single? and that the initials are correct, with one letter omitted (the "T" for "THE") so, The Pot is the next single.

Steventh
05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks.

rogerdoger
05-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Neat.

Nietzsche's Dead
05-09-2006, 07:42 PM
The Pot!! Ahah. I believe, 99%, that The Pot will be single #2. Want proof?

Travel back to the January, 06 newsletter on Toolband by Blair, and scroll down to where he was asking his questions to the 'spirit' conjured..
Begin at question 12. He asks when the new single will be released, but the 'spirit' gives an odd answer. He then says that he realized the 'spirit' was actually asking him the question of, "V or P?", or 'which single?'. V is for Vicarious and P is for the Pot (lol sesame street..). Now, P has to be for The Pot, seeing as how there is no other song on the album beginning with a P...
And also, right beneath, he says the 'spirit' was absolutely correct about the two singles, except he ommited a single word... which is 'the' from The Pot.

Anyone else convinced? Lol. Not that it's that important really, but hey - I believe it ;)

Dolophane
05-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah...I brought this up quite a while ago, as I'm sure many other people have.

But hey - it felt neat to figure it out yourself, didn't it?

Nietzsche's Dead
05-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah...I brought this up quite a while ago, as I'm sure many other people have.

But hey - it felt neat to figure it out yourself, didn't it?

I see. Well, I supposed I missed it. But yeah, I figured it out once the official tracklisting was posted...and yeah, it did feel neat, lol. Dunno. Just wanted to share w/those who havent discovered ;)

Culb
05-09-2006, 07:49 PM
owned.

randomhero8823
05-09-2006, 07:51 PM
POTTAGE!

Nietzsche's Dead
05-09-2006, 07:51 PM
lol. I just explained this in the main section!! Hmm. Strange. When did you figure it out? I got it once the tracklisting came out. Was pretty cool ;P

Dolophane
05-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I see. Well, I supposed I missed it. But yeah, I figured it out once the official tracklisting was posted...and yeah, it did feel neat, lol. Dunno. Just wanted to share w/those who havent discovered ;)
It's all good. I don't want to wade through all this nonsense to find if stuff's been posted, either.

Nietzsche's Dead
05-09-2006, 07:52 PM
POTTAGE!

:D

Hell yeah. Can't wait for a video for it either ;))

submachine
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Makes sense, Vicarious is the best song, The Pot is the second best.

cosmokramer
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah, besides the spirit thing too, it just makes sense to me seeing as it's pretty short, and its pretty stand alone.
just feels like a single.

mosquito
05-10-2006, 06:15 AM
The Pot!! Ahah. I believe, 99%, that The Pot will be single #2. Want proof?

Travel back to the January, 06 newsletter on Toolband by Blair, and scroll down to where he was asking his questions to the 'spirit' conjured..
Begin at question 12. He asks when the new single will be released, but the 'spirit' gives an odd answer. He then says that he realized the 'spirit' was actually asking him the question of, "V or P?", or 'which single?'. V is for Vicarious and P is for the Pot (lol sesame street..). Now, P has to be for The Pot, seeing as how there is no other song on the album beginning with a P...
And also, right beneath, he says the 'spirit' was absolutely correct about the two singles, except he ommited a single word... which is 'the' from The Pot.

Anyone else convinced? Lol. Not that it's that important really, but hey - I believe it ;)

Are you joking? Did you read my initial post?

mosquito
05-10-2006, 06:16 AM
And I realize that people have probably already figured it out, but I couldn't find any threads about it right away. Yes, it did feel neat to figure out on my own :)

blair's man sausage
05-10-2006, 06:48 AM
:D

Hell yeah. Can't wait for a video for it either ;))

6+ minutes of MJK waving his finger...

I'm looking forward to the video as well for both....hope we don't have to wait another month for Vicarious