PDA

View Full Version : Directions? For Viewing

scar
05-09-2006, 11:55 AM
not that there is any correct/incorrect way of looking at art. every piece of good art should be open to interpretation. having said that, i want to help with something that people have discussed many times in the "Artwork" forum. i think that intention (not to be confused with "Intension") should be taken into consideration.

i believe that the intention of "how" to view this sheds light (if not already enlightened) on the order of picture, especially to those of you trying to solve the "puzzle." i have seen many times that people label Adam's picture as "#3." or the first of the band member pics. this is clearly not how the creator intended.

if you agree, stop reading if you want, because i have nothing else of significance to offer. if you don't understand:

look at the front (goggles up.) open and turn right-side up. look straight down. now lift up the first page only and read the disclaimer. make your way through the credits, not really looking at the stereoscopic images yet, but looking at the page of the guy/girl looking through the stereoscopic lenses....

then go through each page of black and off-black images, again, not yet checking out the 3-D pics. now you should be on the black and white picture of the faces.

now you look through the lenses. "tool 10,000 days" is page one of the images. the song titles are page two. Adam's picture now becomes #13.

i haven't looked into trying to solve anything, i'm just hoping this will clear up some confusion and hopefully even help someone.

charliehodge
05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Sounds worth a try.

StanM
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Why only two lenses though? What are we supposed to do with our third eye, cover it up again?

defjuxie
05-10-2006, 01:00 PM
not that there is any correct/incorrect way of looking at art. every piece of good art should be open to interpretation. having said that, i want to help with something that people have discussed many times in the "Artwork" forum. i think that intention (not to be confused with "Intension") should be taken into consideration.

i believe that the intention of "how" to view this sheds light (if not already enlightened) on the order of picture, especially to those of you trying to solve the "puzzle." i have seen many times that people label Adam's picture as "#3." or the first of the band member pics. this is clearly not how the creator intended.

if you agree, stop reading if you want, because i have nothing else of significance to offer. if you don't understand:

look at the front (goggles up.) open and turn right-side up. look straight down. now lift up the first page only and read the disclaimer. make your way through the credits, not really looking at the stereoscopic images yet, but looking at the page of the guy/girl looking through the stereoscopic lenses....

then go through each page of black and off-black images, again, not yet checking out the 3-D pics. now you should be on the black and white picture of the faces.

now you look through the lenses. "tool 10,000 days" is page one of the images. the song titles are page two. Adam's picture now becomes #13.

i haven't looked into trying to solve anything, i'm just hoping this will clear up some confusion and hopefully even help someone.

i agree with ya there makes pretty good sense when you think about it.

chalk_line
05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
i agree that the first page in the booklet is the oen that says Tool 10,000 days