PDA

View Full Version : the suited men

Geminikon
11-23-2002, 01:59 PM
This might not work since i have only seen the video in realplayer and it's not the best quality.

Anyway, is it just me or are the men in the parabol section of the video the same as the man at the beginning of aenema? They are both wearing the black suit with the bald head and the big hands. Could this be a possible theme running thru the videos? Or is it just my computer playing tricks on me?

povvy
11-23-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Geminikon
This might not work since i have only seen the video in realplayer and it's not the best quality.

Anyway, is it just me or are the men in the parabol section of the video the same as the man at the beginning of aenema? They are both wearing the black suit with the bald head and the big hands. Could this be a possible theme running thru the videos? Or is it just my computer playing tricks on me?

They're not the same, but yes they are similar.

The "Parabola" guys are more alien-looking, while the "Ænema" guy is just fat. Might have some recurring theme, though... something about "the man"?

Patrick.

Necronomicon
11-23-2002, 08:50 PM
Those guys actually kinda scared me the first time I saw 'em.

Especially when they flipped up and started vomiting.

shade13
11-24-2002, 12:46 AM
It would make sense that the suits are related, symbolically. Just like the little meat puppet character is related to the one in Schism. Tool has a habit of using recurring themes in their art.

TrueBart
11-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Can someone explain what the whole vomiting is about? I'm interested in knowing what this is trying to say and I have not yet heard opinions on it.

AlCrowley
11-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by TrueBart
Can someone explain what the whole vomiting is about? I'm interested in knowing what this is trying to say and I have not yet heard opinions on it.

I believe the men represent the corporate world and they are vomiting bullshit.

bmeason
11-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by AlCrowley

I believe the men represent the corporate world and they are vomiting bullshit.

Very good thought. I tend to believe the men represent ideas that function into our life and our species. For example our creation -

They have different thoughts of what we should be. They destruct the apple (life force) and the seeds change to represent the culmination of the three men's (started off with one) ideas, different religions (3, 5, 6 sided star inside the apple). Then one man has the idea of fire (once again changing our thoughts).

The vomiting represents ideas spreading to our species (which i guess could be interpreted as "the man" and the media/so forth) and then the hands that form the circle is the religions altering and deciphering it. Then the way they alter it and portray it is forced upon a new human soul (the man in the video there after).

Then you start with the man finding his own way into the universe and eventually dealing with the demons of death and religious hypocracy to be one with the world and all life.

Remember to smile, stay positive, and be creative.

-Bryan Meason