PDA

View Full Version : This song is so powerful

moneyisevil
05-08-2006, 03:53 PM
that I can not listen to it often....i feel its too special and too amazing (for lack of better words at the moment) its too much that I don't wanna ruin the very special feelings its gives me. It seems I almost have to fight back tears when I heard "10,000 days have been long enough in the fire..you're going home" it just reminds me of suffering that my mom and othe family members have endured, and ive seen the pain and strife suck them dry to the point where i can almost see it in their eyes they are tired of fighting the fight.

I almost always skip over these tracks (ive only listene dto 3/4 maybe 4 times) everytime i listen to the album. anyone know what im talking about? sorry i didnt do a good job at explaining it.

be_patient
05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
that I can not listen to it often....i feel its too special and too amazing (for lack of better words at the moment) its too much that I don't wanna ruin the very special feelings its gives me. It seems I almost have to fight back tears when I heard "10,000 days have been long enough in the fire..you're going home" it just reminds me of suffering that my mom and othe family members have endured, and ive seen the pain and strife suck them dry to the point where i can almost see it in their eyes they are tired of fighting the fight.

I almost always skip over these tracks (ive only listene dto 3/4 maybe 4 times) everytime i listen to the album. anyone know what im talking about? sorry i didnt do a good job at explaining it.

i know excactly what you mean, but i'm the opposite... for the exact same reasons. It is such a powerul song and you can tell maynard is giving it everything he has. Everytime i listen to the 5/6 minute part where maynard says "shake your fists at the gate sayin i've come home now" and also the "it's time now, my time now, give me my, give me my wings" parts i get cold shivers throughout my body, and i feel somewhat scared. when music does that to me i just cant stop listening to it over and over.

moneyisevil
05-08-2006, 04:13 PM
yeah i feel that if i overplay it like i have already with most of the cd it will lose meaning....and this whole song gives me shivers and euphoric feelings....esp. the "shake your fists.."

be_patient
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah... fair enough.. i completely understand what you mean. i just can't help myself.

kaspguy
05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
yeah, I definatly drive with my windows up in the heat so that I can hear every nuance of this glorious song. I totally get shivers too, you can hear the raw emotion in maynards voice at the "gates" part...kinda teared up a little too...what an amazing band...