PDA

View Full Version : The Cross on Danny's Cards

defjuxie
05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Im pretty sure this is the cross thats on the cards.

http://www.kheper.net/topics/Hermeticism/GoldenDawn.htm

hope it helps.

info

The Golden Dawn Rosy Cross symbol. This glyph was worn by on the breast by Golden Dawn members during ceremonies. The design is based on Rosicrucian legend, Kabbalah, and on the colour symbolism taught by S. L. MacGregor Mathers. The twenty-two petals of the Rose, each coloured differently, correspond to the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet - "three mothers, seven doubles and twelve simple" - and the twenty-two Paths of the Tree of Life. From these petals a geometrical figure representing any named spiritual force can be obtained; the name is first transliterated into Hebrew letters and then a figure is drawn which would connect up all the letters of that name if it were drawn upon the Rose. In the middle of the petals of the Rose is a Calvary Cross, symbolic of death and spiritual rebirth. The Rose itself lies upon the four-armed Cross of Nature, symbolic of the physical elements which the adept has to transmute into pure gold in the athanor of his heart. The pentagrams show the symbols of four physical elements plus the fifth or quintessence; the hexagram below the rose shows the moon and five planets, centred on the sun

Mescaline
05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
http://www.kheper.net/topics/Hermeticism/mag_imag.gif

this symbol is also on the wall behind Danny!!

vova
05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
that symbol is the tree of life. i agree with an earlier post that said the whole thing is loaded with magickal symbolism. the album itself seems to be constructed like that too. something in the way they look at you - a totally serious look - in those pictures, that tells me that there is something embedded. is it important? probably as important as what each of us is ready for. i can't make out anything at all :(

Hi9
05-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm growing to think that these pictures are half puzzles and half just the particular band member's interests. Danny is well known to be extremely into mysticism and magick and the occult and all such of the like, so I think most of his picture is just a reflection of his interests. I think whatever clues may be in the picture don't neccisarily have anything to do with the magick references.

Tamara
05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
They're Aleister Crowley Thoth tarot cards, you can get 'em in any bookstore with a new age section. Great illustrations.