PDA

View Full Version : Never took a life, but surely saved one

davelisowski
05-08-2006, 07:45 AM
I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one.

I'm intrigued to find out what/whose life Maynard's mother saved. Was it his? Did she save someone's life by donating organs? Did she save someone's life at some point in her lifetime? Is it literal?

What do you think?

I get the feeling that she saved MJK's life in some capacity, but I have no evidence for that.

fugitive538
05-08-2006, 07:48 AM
I think it is quite obvious that Maynard is referring to saving his life.

davelisowski
05-08-2006, 07:54 AM

Okay, how did she save it?

Doesn't seem so obvious to me.

acaringnihilist
05-08-2006, 07:57 AM
attempted suicide?

smisli
05-08-2006, 09:12 AM
maybe didn't make an abortion when got pregnent?

stupid joke
isn't it easy to figure out who is the saved one?

Shomino
05-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm intrigued to find out what/whose life Maynard's mother saved. Was it his? Did she save someone's life by donating organs? Did she save someone's life at some point in her lifetime? Is it literal?

What do you think?

I get the feeling that she saved MJK's life in some capacity, but I have no evidence for that.

I think he means she saved his life through love... that she was the only one who truly believed in him and loved him.

K In Yo Mouf
05-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Wat Shomino Said...

I'm Willin 2 Guess Itz Hiz Life That She Saved, Considerin It Waz Juzt About Only Her Who Waz There Throughout Hiz Life...

TheEulogyOfMe
05-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Wat Shomino Said...

I'm Willin 2 Guess Itz Hiz Life That She Saved, Considerin It Waz Juzt About Only Her Who Waz There Throughout Hiz Life...

I needed to lower my IQ to read that.

kaspguy
05-08-2006, 09:49 AM
hahahahaha

good one shomino, I totally get that vibe too

Oeps
05-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I needed to lower my IQ to read that.

Haha I know what you mean :)

molehill
05-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I think it refers to her own life. She found God and she was saved.

rogerdoger
05-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I think it's gotta be his life...don't know why though...

Goodwin
05-08-2006, 03:28 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.... I laughed hard.

Its his life hes talking about though. I don't think theres any account of MJK saving anyones life.

Jayar
05-08-2006, 04:23 PM
"you believed in me"

I'm pretty sure it is his life he is referring to.

fugitive538
05-09-2006, 06:05 AM
"simply" raising a child cant be considered as saving someone? for making him evade the wrong paths, being a hero, an icon, a role model,-though not by believing in god but by simply acting with great humanity, etc. (remember judith, maynard doesnt know why was she so tolerant and faithful to god, but now thats what he probably appreciates.) and dont forget that she accomplished those with that brain accident when MJK was only eleven. (also see: jimmy.)

D-Day_Daddy
05-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I think the "brain accident" was a stroke. which often times causes the person to become paralized. It can also cause a drop in brain activity, which it seems Judith Marie did not experiance.

Mozeley
05-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I think that there's a huge chance that Maynard means that she saved his life. I.E if she hadn't been there as support or whatever, then he may have gone down the wrong path.

Doubt
05-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I think she saved him. She saved him literally and emotionally.

therandom
05-14-2006, 04:42 PM
"Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
Burden of proof tossed upon non-believers.
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one....."

"I never lived a lie, never took a life,
But surely saved one
Hallelujah,
It's time for you to bring me home."

Now I mean, the Christian influence in this song is undeniable.
You saved my life/Hallelujah/It's time to bring me home

think about that, in the (unpopular) context of salvation

TurdEye13
05-14-2006, 08:34 PM

bingo!

MypugsAreSmarterThanYou
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
"Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance
Burden of proof tossed upon non-believers.
You were my witness, my eyes, my evidence,
Judith Marie, unconditional one....."

"I never lived a lie, never took a life,
But surely saved one
Hallelujah,
It's time for you to bring me home."

Now I mean, the Christian influence in this song is undeniable.
You saved my life/Hallelujah/It's time to bring me home

think about that, in the (unpopular) context of salvation

It's about him.
and it's Christian imagery.

Forsete
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I think he means she saved his life through love... that she was the only one who truly believed in him and loved him.

I agree. she saved him through loving him, giving him a life full of choices as well as giving him the capasity (through intellect, reflection, emotions and empathy) to choose. existencial philosophy such as kierkegaard and sartre "saving".

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 02:23 PM
It's about him.
and it's Christian imagery.

or maybe it seems to be Christian imagery, but in talking about the father and the son, he may be referring to himself in some way, and his own spiit too...maybe?

defunct
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Why would believing in God and salvation be unpopular? Who's to say this particular song isn't as literal as it sounds? Maybe Judith was Maynard's witness and now he's a believer. Why does that seem so bad or implausible to people?

AMF
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
or maybe it seems to be Christian imagery, but in talking about the father and the son, he may be referring to himself in some way, and his own spiit too...maybe?

Very intriguing idea, the split between him and his own father.....the abuse of his father, the abuse Jesus suffered, hmmm it seems to make sense. VERY nice find, gonna have to go back and make a playlist with Opiate (wow, occurs to me another connection here..."We both want/To rape you", never thought of that before), Prison Sex, Eulogy, Jimmy, Pushit, and Wings For Marie/10,000 Days.

EdwardJamesKeenan
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
I think the "brain accident" was a stroke. which often times causes the person to become paralized. It can also cause a drop in brain activity, which it seems Judith Marie did not experiance.

the effects of a stroke are actaully quite varied, and differ from person to persona nd depends on severity. a stroke is also no commonly refered to as a "brain attack"