PDA

View Full Version : A new way to look at the pictures -> BACK LIGHT

deviever
05-08-2006, 07:45 AM
This is from another thread (self referencing yay).

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=1027082&posted=1#post1027082

... but try looking at each photo with a light BEHIND the picture as opposed to in front of it (weren't old stereoscopic pictures presented that way in the first place?)

devi-

Grimgrumthegnome
05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
i really think you guys are trying too hard... they aren't trying to trick us, all essential clues are right in front of us... try reading my theory, i really think i'm on the right track... http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46514

phaedrus9779
05-08-2006, 08:12 AM
i really think you guys are trying too hard... they aren't trying to trick us, all essential clues are right in front of us... try reading my theory, i really think i'm on the right track... http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46514

I wasn't really trying to read into the art...or look for clues to the puzzle. I was just commenting on how if you look at the pictures through the glasses up to a bright light, the mandalas make the pictures and photographs look interesting. Some even seem to match up to parts in the pictures. It was a post about enjoying the art, not analyzing it.

Grimgrumthegnome
05-08-2006, 09:02 AM
ok, well i can understand that... i wasn't exactly criticizing your idea, really i'm just looking for an excuse to put a link to my theory on whatever forums i can... it seems like a lot of the people on this forum are in a hurry to post negative comments about bad ideas, but are less hasty about reinforcing or building off of the good ideas... i sincerely believe my theory is close, if not exactly right; especially since it is reinforced in the lyrics as well as by the idea of stereoscopic imagery... not to mention it only uses the 4 pictures with the band members, no more and no less (as [blair?] said on the official site) and it uses them in the order in which they appear.

deviever
05-08-2006, 09:09 AM
ok, well i can understand that... i wasn't exactly criticizing your idea, really i'm just looking for an excuse to put a link to my theory on whatever forums i can... it seems like a lot of the people on this forum are in a hurry to post negative comments about bad ideas, but are less hasty about reinforcing or building off of the good ideas... i sincerely believe my theory is close, if not exactly right; especially since it is reinforced in the lyrics as well as by the idea of stereoscopic imagery... not to mention it only uses the 4 pictures with the band members, no more and no less (as [blair?] said on the official site) and it uses them in the order in which they appear.

Ditto to it being asthetically pleasing, but also I wouldn't discount the possability of what you could see _through_ the four photos as being significant to solving this "kind of puzzle".

... and to quote Blair exactly "Yes, it is true that the four individual photos (of the band members) can be used as the pieces of a kind of puzzle"

Nothing mentioned about "no more and no less", unless I'm missing something.

I still find it very interesting occurence of the mandala/flowers counting up to six, and I'm especially interested in hearing people make song/number correlations in the puzzle post.

Either way, good times.

devi-

Grimgrumthegnome
05-08-2006, 09:23 AM
sorry i did write that in a confusing way, i did not mean that he said "no more no less", but i was simply refering to what you quoted. But, though he did not say it, i believe it to be true, because otherwise i believe he either would have simply said "the artwork can be used as..." or he would've said "some of the images can be used as...". To me the fact that he said "the four individual photos..." means that those are the only four photos necessary to decode the puzzle. If anything more or less is necessary then he totally threw us in the wrong direction.

phaedrus9779
05-08-2006, 12:10 PM
iit seems like a lot of the people on this forum are in a hurry to post negative comments about bad ideas, but are less hasty about reinforcing or building off of the good ideas

I hope you dont think i was trying to post a negative comment about your thread. I was just trying to further clarify what i had brought up. I like your take on the puzzle. Of all the picture puzzle threads on the site, I am in the most agreement with yours since you posted. I'm glad there is a link to it through this thread.

Grimgrumthegnome
05-08-2006, 12:17 PM
oh no i didn't think that at all... i was referring to the fact that it seems when someone posts something that's rather simple, and unimportant, the people on this forum jump right on them with comments like "that's stupid" or "yeah right" and shit like that, but then when i post something that seems to be on the right track it takes a much longer time to get any sort of reaction... i greatly appreciate that you are mostly in agreement with me, please spread the word and try to get people to elaborate on these thoughts so they will focus less on bashing bad ideas, and more on elaborating on the good ones

11Reflections11
05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
The only problem I see is that you say the spirit is being released, when i see it's fairly obvious it is being trapped or confined by Danny. And since thats the basis of your theory, to me its busted.