PDA

View Full Version : Sound in the background

Systolic
05-08-2006, 06:13 AM
I know it has been debated as sounding liek something from Lateralus.. but there faint sound in the beginning sounds like "Useful Idiot".

Start the song, crank your speakers, and listen in the background... Its there, and its the EXACT same sound as is in Useful Idiot...

Any ideas?

davelisowski
05-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Nicolai mentioned this as well.

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=46095

I'm not sure if it's like "Useful Idiot." "Useful Idiot" sounds more like a record, but this sounds like scraping. Someone said it could be Danny "warming" the gong... I'm not sure yet.

ladder_alice_11
05-08-2006, 06:51 AM
I know it has been debated as sounding liek something from Lateralus.. but there faint sound in the beginning sounds like "Useful Idiot".

Start the song, crank your speakers, and listen in the background... Its there, and its the EXACT same sound as is in Useful Idiot...

Any ideas?

Useful Idiot was a record skip I think?

This sound is more like the tremolo effect from the guitar or the resonance from the gong that Danny hits in the beginning.

Sounds very much like a stereo tremolo effect though.

Just my thoughts...

CaseLogic
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Further proof that this album is just a decoy, and everyone who claims they have a copy of 10K days is just in on it.

defjuxie
05-08-2006, 10:56 AM

This sound is more like the tremolo effect from the guitar or the resonance from the gong that Danny hits in the beginning.

Sounds very much like a stereo tremolo effect though.

Just my thoughts...

yeah you can hear that swirly effect before a few of the songs....kinda like on the pot you can hear maynards lines before he sings them. bless good headphones

Rosette feasted
05-08-2006, 12:35 PM
I don't think that sounds like Useful Idiot.

bradpeterson
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Sounds like one of those binaural beat generators that I have on my computer (a "swwwsh" sound alternating from right ear to left ear).

Some people have experimented with putting these in songs, as they are known to effect your mood (and etc).

This is what I thought it was when I first noticed the noise.

^^^^^
FYI I just pasted this from a reply I just made on a different post.

etc43
05-11-2006, 11:49 AM
The sound at the very end afte rthe loud noise reminds me very much of the background noise on the flash intro to toolband.com before they updated it for 10,000 days. The loud noise even sounds like the noise it made when you floated the mouse over "Tool." Except it sounds to me like it's been pitch-shifted down, and since I have no way of hearing the original one, I can't really confirm whether or not it's the same noise. Reminded me of it, still.

Convoy_X
05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
My Supernatural being it’s packed with luminary…

The Official Fiction
05-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Useful idiot came to my mind also.

thomas.freeman
06-01-2006, 05:34 AM
the pheasant has no agenda

hushypushy
06-22-2006, 09:58 PM

not a record skip...its the sound when a record is ending, kind of the white noise indicating that there is nothing out there.

concer
11-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Yesterday, I saw olive device game. Rogers does not seem so good, and once his passing was incredible even cut the. This is not his previous level.

GrimReefer
07-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Yesterday, I saw olive device game. Rogers does not seem so good, and once his passing was incredible even cut the. This is not his previous level.

This is the second post i've found where you have randomly added a comment such as this. Also, are you just trying to get people to click on your signature to take them to your discount jersey website?