PDA

View Full Version : Number of flowers/mandalas.

deviever
05-08-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm reposting this from the puzzle? thread just to get it out there :

Has anyone noticed the sequence of "flower patterns" (or mandala if you will) on the opposing pages yet?

Starting from the lyrics page...

lyrics page : one flower
eyes page : two flowers
skull close up : three flowers
danny : four flowers
interbeing : five flowers (one in the center, four off to the sides)
hawk close up : six flowers

- - -

from there it's not so organized, but there are still some patterns

justin : one flower (off center like the first, and dark coloured)

skull/fetus : one flower (centered, light coloured, less "round")
maynard : one flower (centered, light coloured, less "round")

spiral energy : one flower (off center, but light coloured this time)

- - - -

At this point the association seems to break down

lab close up : three flowers (maybe related to the three darkened single flowers in the booklet up to this point, spiral energy, justin, lyrics)

adam : one flower (off center to the right this time)

spiral/pins : cog (instead of flower)

- - -

I'm not suggesting the flowers have anything to do with the opposing pages, but simply refferring to them by their corresponding pages for the sake of reference.

The number of petals on each flower may have signifigance as well, but I have yet to count them.

- - -

If there _is_ any puzzle, I highly suspect that there would be _some_ kind of semi-obvious clue to atleast know where to begin, and what more simple (yet complex) way to start than with numbers.

devi-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The number of petals is as such :

lyrics page : one flower, 12
eyes page : two flowers, 32
skull close up : three flowers, 16
danny : four flowers, 16
interbeing : five flowers, 8
hawk close up : six flowers, 16

justin : one flower, 16

skull/fetus : one flower, 8
maynard : one flower, 8

spiral energy : one flower, 16

lab close up : three flowers, 12 (same flower as thelyric page, 1st page)
adam : one flower 16 (same flower as justin's page)

spiral/pins : cog

dev-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And for shits and giggles, multiply the number of flowers x petals and we get :

12 - lyrics page : one flower, 12
64 - eyes page : two flowers, 32
48 - skull close up : three flowers, 16
64 - danny : four flowers, 16
40 - interbeing : five flowers, 8
96 - hawk close up : six flowers, 16

(add up the totals at this point then multiply by 6, and you get 1944... a significant date perhaps (i.e. WW2 d-day was in 1944)?

16 - justin : one flower, 16

8 - skull/fetus : one flower, 8
8 - maynard : one flower, 8

16 - spiral energy : one flower, 16

36 - lab close up : three flowers, 12 (same flower as thelyric page, 1st page)
16 - adam : one flower 16 (same flower as justin's page)

devi-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does the date August 16, 1944 hold a connection with anyone in relation to this album/TOOL? I know it's a stretch, but I'm just following possabilities here. All I can pull up are various things happening during WW2. Doesn't seem to be significant.

phaedrus9779
05-08-2006, 05:44 AM
If the pictures are held up to the light, with the mandalas visible through the transparancy, some of the pictures seem to coincide well. The best example is the skull/fetus. The right mandala contains the front portion of the skull (the teeth line up with the corners of the mandala too!) and the left mandala contains the fetus. Danny's image looks interesing as well. He is situated between two of them.

deviever
05-08-2006, 07:42 AM
If the pictures are held up to the light, with the mandalas visible through the transparancy, some of the pictures seem to coincide well. The best example is the skull/fetus. The right mandala contains the front portion of the skull (the teeth line up with the corners of the mandala too!) and the left mandala contains the fetus. Danny's image looks interesing as well. He is situated between two of them.

WOW.

Whether it has anything to do with the puzzle or not, looking at each picture in front of a light makes a few of them just look beautiful.

Done this way, notice how a read line goes perfectly through the alien-like creature in the glass jar on Adam's picture.

devi-