PDA

View Full Version : My (brief) take on the song

Disco
05-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I think this song is more about MJK's frustration because of people's inability or uninterest in acting against the evils they know are there. This has probably been said before, but I find most people take a literal view of his lyrics as being about people staring into the tv... anyway I think it is deeper than that. Actually the message reminds me a little of "blowin' in the wind".

Disco

Theodagoth
05-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I think this song is more about MJK's frustration because of people's inability or uninterest in acting against the evils they know are there. This has probably been said before, but I find most people take a literal view of his lyrics as being about people staring into the tv... anyway I think it is deeper than that. Actually the message reminds me a little of "blowin' in the wind".

Disco

haha yeah i remember running into some moron who actually took stinkfist to the literal extent, because you can actually fit your whole arm up someones butt...(sarcasm) i judge Tool songs mainly on lyrical expression and personally they just get better and better. I bet half the people reaming on this song don't even know what "vicarious" means. I'm even having trouble understanding how he is using it. And, "Incredulous"? come on, Let's see Metallica make songs like that. Btw, i hate metallica.

tomatoms
05-07-2006, 10:03 PM
i farted.

JAWhite
05-09-2006, 08:19 AM
haha yeah i remember running into some moron who actually took stinkfist to the literal extent, because you can actually fit your whole arm up someones butt...(sarcasm) i judge Tool songs mainly on lyrical expression and personally they just get better and better. I bet half the people reaming on this song don't even know what "vicarious" means. I'm even having trouble understanding how he is using it. And, "Incredulous"? come on, Let's see Metallica make songs like that. Btw, i hate metallica.

i'm pretty sure by vacarious he's meaning "passively" or "indirectly"

"passively/indirectly" I live while the whole world dies
You all need it too, don't lie

incredulous just mean skeptical

rageboy
05-11-2006, 06:26 PM
i would say indirectly. they're not really the same thing. incredulous doesn't really mean skeptical. it means unbelievable. Can't be true, really. Off topic: Metallica isn't bad, but they aren't deep. They're very standard hard metal band, but they still have good songs. Nothing to really hate.

Koan
05-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Yes you are correct. The T.V. is just an example, a 'tool', if I may, for Maynard to sketch a grander thought. But the T.V. is a damn good example! How many frustrated middle-aged women sink their teeth into the drama of daily soap opera's to avoid thinking about their own progress (or lack thereof) in life?