PDA

View Full Version : Someone find out what the hell is going on!

untilwepineaway
04-01-2003, 03:34 PM
The whispers in third eye are the only thing in any Tool song where no one has had any solid theory as to what is going on or being said, and no one has been able to make sence of the speaking voices in this song. Does anyone have any clue? Its driving me crazy, knowing Tool, there has to be something there....

untilwepineaway
04-10-2003, 02:43 PM
the only semi-clear thing I can make out is at about 11:40 through to 11:43. I hear a mans voice say "All Is Well....But I think they are vampires" This is still not very clear, But I am pretty sure. I am almost 100% certain of the "All Is Well" part.
If anyone knows anything else PLEASE let me know.

Penguin
04-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Perhaps they purposly put it there so some people would go crazy over trying to figure it out what it is . . .

untilwepineaway
04-12-2003, 10:40 PM
your proably right, and what a good job they did of it too. You can specifically hear clear voices, but nothing but muttering. and if you listen close enough, you'll make out what will sound like a word ocassionally, and it keeps you guessing. I'm still curious though, I can't help but be.
I remember, a long while back, when the old Opinion page up, somone who worked in a studio said they put an effect on removing everything put the whispers, and there was something about it being some very very old ancient language or tribe language or something like that.
Well if anyone has ANY idea...again...please share.

no_eye_or_third
05-09-2003, 04:41 AM
If you turn the song up until it's at full volume... you can clearly hear what MJk is saying.

4th Eye
05-09-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by untilwepineaway
the only semi-clear thing I can make out is at about 11:40 through to 11:43. I hear a mans voice say "All Is Well....But I think they are vampires" .

Hmm, I heard something like "All in all...I think they're vampires" from left though I don't know if it just because you said that.

I also heard sometime ago something like this here and there: a woman saying "I know" at 10:41, then somewhere "Isn't it strange?" and something about "...obstacles...". I don't know, maybe it's nothing or maybe I make them sound like words in my head...

Chris_Brightwell
05-09-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by untilwepineaway
the only semi-clear thing I can make out is at about 11:40 through to 11:43. I hear a mans voice say "All Is Well....But I think they are vampires" This is still not very clear, But I am pretty sure. I am almost 100% certain of the "All Is Well" part.
If anyone knows anything else PLEASE let me know. I opened my eye and there we were

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator

Chris_Brightwell
05-09-2003, 07:25 AM
Also -- from 6:53 to 7:07A child's rhyme stuck in my head
See that life is but a dream
I spent so many years of questioning
To find I've known this all alongand from 7:51 to 8:45Now

Shrouding all of the ground around me
Is this holy crow above me
Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun?
I stick my hand into the shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand
Which I attempt to reassemble
See just who I might have been
I do not recognize the vessel
But the eyes seem so familiar
Like phosphorescent desert buttons
Singing one familiar song
Hope this helps.

--

Chris_Brightwell
05-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
[...] I also heard sometime ago something like this here and there: a woman saying "I know" at 10:41, then somewhere "Isn't it strange?" and something about "...obstacles...". I don't know, maybe it's nothing or maybe I make them sound like words in my head... I don't know if those are actually words or if they're noises designed to sound like words. I haven't been able to make any of it out.

--

4th Eye
05-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
I opened my eye and there we were

--

Is that the part at 11:40? If it is, how did you get it? The voice might say "I opened my e..." but I think he stops it in "eye".

Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
I don't know if those are actually words or if they're noises designed to sound like words. I haven't been able to make any of it out.

--

Well, now when I listen to it, I can only hear that "I know" at 10:41 but I can't remember how and where I heard the other words if there are any....if they are just noises, Tool has done a good job making me insane... :P

PrivBailey
05-25-2003, 11:24 AM
I read somewhere that it is someone speaking but that it has been speed up to make a cool effect. I dont anyone can hear what is being said.

im_naked_and_fearless
08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
when the songs hits 11:01 mjk is singing something but i cant really grasp what he is saying. dosent really sound english but i sure dont know.

Metamorphosis
03-29-2004, 08:40 PM
I opened my eye I opened my eye I opened my eye and there we were. I opened my eye I opened my eye I opened my eye and there we were.

Luna Galapogos
03-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Go check out that "OMG!! You have to check this out" thread for this song. Read post #1 and that should do it.

AllforUnity
03-31-2004, 12:52 PM
The whispers in third eye are the only thing in any Tool song where no one has had any solid theory as to what is going on or being said, and no one has been able to make sence of the speaking voices in this song. Does anyone have any clue? Its driving me crazy, knowing Tool, there has to be something there....

That's not exactly true...do you know what the whispers/mumbling is saying near the end of Ticks and Leeches?