PDA

View Full Version : the almighty self-titled...

psilomind
04-01-2003, 03:08 PM
This is my first attempt at making a certain picture that Ive been planning for a while now. This is most likely the first of many variations.

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=050532PM.jpg

Guess what its called.

I was thinking of adding a third eye to the cap of the mushroom, but thats a bit too cliche isnt it? Oh well, if you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Its not quite perfect yet, but its getting there...

psilomind
04-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Here is a newer version of the above picture. I think this one looks a lot nicer:

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=030121PM.jpg

Getting better? Also, if its not obvious enough, the title of the picture is "Psilomind".

And as this is basically my first time making such a heavily photoshop-ed image, feedback is certainly appreciated. Thanks :)

volcano lance
04-03-2003, 01:39 PM
I like it. It certainly is great. I personally liked the first version better. For my personal taste, the second version has to much clutter and is to busy. The main focal point I'm guessing is suppose to be the mushroom/face thing. I love the third eye idea, but maybe not the light tower.
Anyways, a good concept and great picture.

vl

plexus
04-03-2003, 03:21 PM
this is fucking cool... i like the first on best because it looks more like the mushroom is making a face... like where the torn veil is makes up the nose... i thought that lokoed cool

Andy DV
04-03-2003, 03:42 PM
I see it as an internal view, the stem being the spinal chord and the cap being the brain. I like all the nerve endings and such. Sticking with the cooler colors creates a nice mood. Nice.

psilomind
04-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by volcano lance
I love the third eye idea, but maybe not the light tower.

Well I do have a picture like the first one except with a third eye. Maybe I should've posted that... but I think I've posted enough of this picture for now.

xXlotusXx
04-07-2003, 06:01 PM
i dont know if you're seeing something i'm not, but in the first picture all i see is black and then a little bit of blue purplish lines. if you hadnt said it was a mushroom, i would've noticed....maybe its just my computer. but what i can see, i like:) mushrooms are good in my book

psilomind
04-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by xXlotusXx
i dont know if you're seeing something i'm not, but in the first picture all i see is black and then a little bit of blue purplish lines. if you hadnt said it was a mushroom, i would've noticed....maybe its just my computer. but what i can see, i like:) mushrooms are good in my book

yeah its a little unclear, which is why i didnt like that one...

Grizz
04-09-2003, 12:57 PM
I think that both pictures are very good, although like someone said, i do prefer the first one, its very powerful and a lot darker and mysterious. If thats your first attempt, i'd love to see what you'll be producing in the next few months.