PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor- Conversion of accents?

Lost
05-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Something interesting to consider... I listend to this song again and.... Well this is a LONG shot and I have no idea of it's significance or if it even is or me imagining things.

He asks the patient once "how are you today?" and before this point he seemed to have sounded Australian, after that he asked again "How *are* you today?" but from that point on he actually sounded like he had a British accent of some sort.... Now, this is possibly me imagining... But I could of swore from that point on his accent changes from Australian to a British kind of accent after he repeats the question.....

I don't know what at all this means or if anyone else notices or if the guy who did the accent just sucked.

Thoughts?

M.Luther
05-07-2006, 06:05 AM
I don't know what at all this means or if anyone else notices or if the guy who did the accent just sucked.

Thoughts?

I think that, because of budget reasons they couldn't find a Australian voice actor, but did find a british one, who could do an aussie accent.

Lost
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe. But it was only after this point where the patient heard the British voice where he began to respond... Which was the integral part of the idea which I forgot to put in...

Convoy_X
05-07-2006, 05:26 PM
What is the Idea?

xPOGOx
05-07-2006, 06:29 PM
What is the Idea?
I think the idea is the first post, and the integral part is the other post.

Lost
05-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Well.... Basically.... When the Doctor seems to "change" to an English accent the patient responds. It's no idea really, it's a thought, and I just wanted some thoughts on wether or not this had any significance or if it was just pure coincidence + bad voicing.

Perhaps there was meaning behind it which I'm completely unaware of.

Rosette feasted
05-08-2006, 07:59 AM
The Doctor is....

MADONNA!

Huff
05-08-2006, 09:47 AM
The doctor is Aussie the entire time. Listen to "you're in a *safe* place son". Safe is spoken completely Aussie. Trust me.

Goodwin
05-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Its interesting but i doubt it. And the patient never really begisn to respond... He just begins breathing harder. It is a long shot and you really haev no idea what Tool has in mind usally.

Aggroculture
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Tool's manager, I forget his name, is a Brit with a slightly odd (Australian? Transatlantic?) accent, and I'd bet good money it's him doing the voice.

annie
05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
what about sasha? does no one else bother with blair's ramblings anymore?

redshift.
05-10-2006, 04:49 AM
I think that, because of budget reasons they couldn't find a Australian voice actor, but did find a british one, who could do an aussie accent.

Who just possibly might also pluck a bass string or two?

ObliviousHypocrite
05-10-2006, 04:55 AM
I thought the same thing, but late in the conversation, it is definitely an Austrailian accent... so I'm thinking it's all Austrailian.

Any thoughts why it would be an Austrailian accent, especially since the tripper came from Area-51? Seems strange that Tool would get an Austrailian to speak the lyrics when there's, like, a total of 12 Austrailians living in US.

neognosis
05-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Maybe it's an American who's just a really bad actor.

Anyone seen Death to Smoochy?

redshift.
05-10-2006, 06:07 AM
There are lots of Aussie accents. And there are lots of Brit accents. May this Brit voice actor who may happen to pluck a bass string or two has spent a little too long stateside and his accent is slightly corrupted.

zol
05-11-2006, 05:40 AM
there's, like, a total of 12 Austrailians living in US.

There's at least 3 times that many!

And it's spelt 'Australians'

Obscenename
05-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Has any one not realized that, because the guy was outside Area-51, and then ends up in Australia leads proof to the fact that he was seriously abducted by aliens.

Moral of the Song: Great things happen in Life, and you don't need drugs to experince them and over using them can truly cause you to miss those great experinces that help define Life.

Wonko The Sane
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Has any one not realized that, because the guy was outside Area-51, and then ends up in Australia leads proof to the fact that he was seriously abducted by aliens.

Moral of the Song: Great things happen in Life, and you don't need drugs to experince them and over using them can truly cause you to miss those great experinces that help define Life.
good moral

redshift.
05-12-2006, 04:45 AM

The female isn't an Aussie.

crack
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
i noticed the change in accent last night for the first time...i was a tad high, and just folding clothes and shit, and noticed the change. i didnt go too far into it (i'll listen again later); it may very well be nothing. I just took it as being metaphorical to the patient maybe becoming increasingly disoriented

whalethesecond
05-14-2006, 02:59 AM
for fucks sake, there is no way that voice is even an attempt at being australian

implandnoises
05-14-2006, 04:28 AM
for fucks sake, there is no way that voice is even an attempt at being australian

Weell eets true that Seeydny fellas have a stronger accent then others but I theenk that the voice we are talking about eez at least meeant to be Orzee.

Matt8
05-14-2006, 07:29 AM
i just plain dont give a fuck. its not in the least bit significant where the doctor is from or what his accent is.

thomas.freeman
05-19-2006, 02:49 AM
do none of you realize justin is english lived in london all his life...until joining tool and fuckin off to lousy angeles dodging bullets and such...... might be his voice

tool are a quarter british! deal with it ....

jack_flash
05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
AustrALIEN...ayyyy?

wags
05-22-2006, 07:27 PM
AustrALIEN...ayyyy?

we have a winner!

Lazman1010
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I definately hear a change in accents during his dialogue. It just doesn't seem like it has any significance so who can really be sure.