PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Fibbers line...

xPOGOx
05-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Ignorant fibbers in the congregation,
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me.

This part. I'm just listening to the song another time, and another thought entered my mind about this line. Do you think that MJK might possibly be referring to people at the funeral?

"gather around spewing sympathy, spare me." is what makes me think that.

Anyone else have any opinions?

unfnknblvbl
05-07-2006, 04:28 AM
well... I thought that was pretty darned obvious...

fugitive538
05-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Well it really is a bit obvious, but i thought of sth else as well: those ignorant fibbers represent the usual believers in god. 'Spewing sympathy' represents the way they are behaving, and making such gestures vacant. Maynard is not making piece with them, but just personally with his mom. So its like saying to them: whoa, dont think that from now on im one of you, im just saying goodbye to my mother, to whom you cannot even hold up a candle.

tool991
05-07-2006, 05:22 PM
the line is actually "ignorant flippants"...meaning, lacking respect or seriousness.

xPOGOx
05-07-2006, 06:04 PM
well... I thought that was pretty darned obvious...
I had never heard anyone tie this line to the people at the funeral (who would be sympathetic toward MJK for his mom's death). They mentioned that it had to do with "the other people in church," but not specifically people at the funeral who may have been bothering MJK with their sympathy...