PDA

View Full Version : Pins picture, flaming coil picture.

xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 11:44 PM
So, at first I just thought it was interesting that the same guy was used in both pictures...but as I keep looking at both of these pictures, another thought enters my head.

The picture with the pins has a wire-frame spiral centered on the guy, and then another spiral that looks like it's sort of coming out of his face or something off to the top right. Then, the end of the big spiral has something kind of weird going on with the wire frame. It doesn't just stop, but it also doesn't really come to a point or anything. Looks as if it got broken off or something.

Well...I'm starting to think that the first picture, the picture with the pins, might actually be an unfinished version of the picture with the flame coil.

Notice a couple things:
Despite the similarities between the guy in both pictures, you can quite clearly see a bit of wire-frame type stuff in the guy in the first picture with the pins.

Notice that each of the pins end with a dot that is actually on the spiral. Also, they look like they're sticking through the guy, but maybe that's just by coincidence, and the guy's center of mass is what was used as a reference point for the whole picture, and the pins coming out from the center are used to help appropriately create the flaming snake spiral or whatever it is in the second picture.

I don't know a whole lot about the various computer graphics programs that might've been used to create these images, but to me, the first picture (the one with the pins) looks DEFINITELY like an unfinished version of the picture with the flame spiral, but the unfinished version still looks pretty cool and was cool enough to make it into the book.