PDA

View Full Version : Hooker, Ticks and Pot

toolmaul
05-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Anyone else notice how these songs are similar in their differentness with everything else on each album, and their placement in the album. Hooker With a Penis comes right after Forty Six & 2, one of the epic songs on the album and also Hooker is the midway point of the album time wise, then Ticks comes after Parabol Parabola, epeic mid album song, now The Pot comes after Wings and again follows an epic song and is the midpoint

Seethus
05-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Anyone else notice how these songs are similar in their differentness with everything else on each album, and their placement in the album. Hooker With a Penis comes right after Forty Six & 2, one of the epic songs on the album and also Hooker is the midway point of the album time wise, then Ticks comes after Parabol Parabola, epeic mid album song, now The Pot comes after Wings and again follows an epic song and is the midpoint
they are the 'odd ones out' In some aspects, so...kinda..

xPOGOx
05-06-2006, 11:28 PM
But what does it all mean?

Liriel
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
That's because all three songs have a similar theme: rage against someone that's pissed Maynard and/or the band off in some way. Hooker was about someone who claimed they sold out, Ticks was about their legal battles and Pot is about how lawyers are lying scum. Essentially.

I don't know if there's a reason for this trend but it's there.

calumny
05-09-2006, 07:05 AM
vicarious is the sore thumb in my book, in comparing songs with the rest of the album, anyway.

Steventh
05-09-2006, 09:00 AM
That's because all three songs have a similar theme: rage against someone that's pissed Maynard and/or the band off in some way. Hooker was about someone who claimed they sold out, Ticks was about their legal battles and Pot is about how lawyers are lying scum. Essentially.

Exactly.

Oberon
05-09-2006, 09:41 AM

I always thought Ticks was about the fans.