PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcemnt of "The Pot" message

eni mann
05-06-2006, 07:34 PM
This track strikes me as a reinforcement on the message of the "The Pot".

Picture this, if you will:

"The Pot" is about the current administration's "War on Terror" (Patriot Act, Middle East Foreign Policy, etc.) and their hypocritical stance of "defending the American Way of Life(TM)" via force and arrogance.

"Lipan Conjuring" is either:
a) a reminder of the US gov't history with "preserving" the American Way of Life(TM) with the slaughter of the Indians, and/or

b) it's a humorous attempt at an Indian war chant. Or even a non-humorous death chant. Either way, it has a Bill Hicks influence.

Ask the Indians about Christian love
-seen on a t-shirt

hi8is
05-07-2006, 10:34 AM
"Ask the Indians about Christian love
-seen on a t-shirt"

um... i believe it was "all indians, no cheifs." -with a picture of juesus with the crown of thorns.

rogerdoger
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
This track strikes me as a reinforcement on the message of the "The Pot".

Picture this, if you will:

"The Pot" is about the current administration's "War on Terror" (Patriot Act, Middle East Foreign Policy, etc.) and their hypocritical stance of "defending the American Way of Life(TM)" via force and arrogance.

"Lipan Conjuring" is either:
a) a reminder of the US gov't history with "preserving" the American Way of Life(TM) with the slaughter of the Indians, and/or

b) it's a humorous attempt at an Indian war chant. Or even a non-humorous death chant. Either way, it has a Bill Hicks influence.

Ask the Indians about Christian love
-seen on a t-shirt

Ever since I heard this little interlude I've thought that there must be some sort of meaning involved with it, I think that what you've said is a really good idea...could be something else too.

eni mann
05-07-2006, 05:03 PM
"Ask the Indians about Christian love
-seen on a t-shirt"

um... i believe it was "all indians, no cheifs." -with a picture of juesus with the crown of thorns.
No, I have that shirt. It's a TOOL shirt from the early 90s.

The t-shirt quoted above had nothing to do with TOOL.

eni mann
05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Ever since I heard this little interlude I've thought that there must be some sort of meaning involved with it, I think that what you've said is a really good idea...could be something else too.
Thanks. Just trying to get a deeper communication going other than "this song is funny. haha" threads.

AMF
05-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Agreed, there is definitely a connection.

tool25
05-08-2006, 03:07 PM
i think maynard is just becoming an indian because he always wanted to be one?

eni mann
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
The correlation is blatantly yours [...] (only speculating, remember)
I'm sure the irony here is lost on you.