PDA

View Full Version : Shit or get off the pot.

imatoolhed
05-06-2006, 04:26 PM
that is what this song is about (imo). Either do it or don't.

this paraflux's, A must read ... the whole thread.

Re: The fluxerpretation of 10,000 Days
The Pot
Every album has a song that is less intense in content while being more intense 9by that, I mean heavy) musically. This is to provide relief, I think, for our minds. We take in all of this intense message, god, we need a break or we will snap. With AEnima it was Hooker with a Penis. Lateralus had Ticks and Leeches. This one has the Pot. It’s pretty self-explanatory so I wont spend much time on it. It’s just against hypocrisy. It has an amused attitude, though, as if your hypocrisy ultimately doesn’t matter to me anymore because the division is occurring. The whole “You must have been high” is just throwing back in their faces the ridiculous accusations that have flown out of their mouths before.

Chomsky
05-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Self defamation is something touched upon by this album a lot, sort of.

mrhubof
05-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't see this song like I do Hooker and Ticks. MJK does not "attack" the person(s) in the pot like he does in those songs.

zaxius
05-13-2006, 11:55 AM
i would say rosetta stoned is more the hooker with a penis type song on 10,000 days.